NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-25-2013, 08:51 AM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

I mentioned this before, but I'll say it again:

It would be in the best interest of this board if there was a strict "NO FLAMING" policy implimented. While I absolutely LOVE to joke, tease, laugh, etc., when it comes to members FLAMING other members, it truly harms the board in the long run. The simplest way to stop the FLAMING is to simply have a moderator remove any inflamatory posts and replace the post with a warning message to poster (i.e. "Slow your roll partner...This is a non-flaming board" or words to that effect).
Old 08-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Jeff

You have several long time members here that might not know what "slow your roll" means, me included.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 08-25-2013, 09:34 AM
P. Sp.ec.tor

This board has survived well going back to the days of the old forum. Somehow it all works out. In fact I might have to "hasten my roll"
Old 08-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Jeff

Sounds like a weight loss plan for middle aged men.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 08-25-2013, 09:36 AM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
You have several long time members here that might not know what "slow your roll" means, me included.
10-4.
Another way to say it would be, "Post deleted by moderator. This is a non-flaming board. Any further violations could result in havig your membership revoked and account deleted."
Old 08-25-2013, 09:44 AM

Old 08-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default Anyone know this dealer?

Hi All:

I am the one that started this mess. For that I apologize!

However, GOOD News. Greg came through and I now have contact info for the dealer.

And now I can return that pencil!!! :>)

Hope that ends this thread and we can all go back to being friends, or at least collecting buddies.

Fred
Old 08-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
Hi All:

I am the one that started this mess. For that I apologize!

However, GOOD News. Greg came through and I now have contact info for the dealer.

And now I can return that pencil!!! :>)

Hope that ends this thread and we can all go back to being friends, or at least collecting buddies.

Fred
Hi Fred
Of course none of this had to do with you. The most important thing is the pencil will find its way home. All is well that ends well!!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:58 PM
Shawn England

Default Email

Hi Leon,

I have two serious questions:

1. How many of these Idiot private message email responses do you get per day/month etc. ?

2. Have you ever read one of mine?

Shawn England
Old 08-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Dave Fa*st

My understanding is if you've clicked the link in an email notice for a message or if the other party has clicked the link to message you - then those can be read by Leon and I'd imagine any other moderators here. So you may know if a message you've sent has been available publicly...I don't think I've sent any by clicking a link in the email...but you have no way of knowing when the other party has sent one to you that way - and at the same time then I would think all your previous messages within that dialogue would then be available to be read.

Goofy situation. You know in the "old" days before this board we all just emailed each other....
Old 08-26-2013, 05:34 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

this isn't as good as the Fake wagner guy post with his laundry on the floor, or the other guy who only paid his seller "Most of the time" its not even as entertaining as the "Ty Cobbs" photo guy thread from ebay who isn't a member here, but whos family thinks hes got the real deal.

I didn't get a chance to see the comment before it was taken down, BUT as a long time admin of a Board my self all I would say about this thread is:

3 points here should be learned I think.

1: why flame members of the board? If you have an issue take it up with them OR tell a Mod or Admin.

2: Don't reply to an email notification. (I have a few times by accident as well) PM the people u want to contact.

3: its not that hard to be nice

There is nothing wrong with a real good argument over a difference of opinion, even a harmless light hearted joke but flaming someone for no reason just isn't called for, teen age girl Facebook stuff.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:08 AM
Tom Boblitt

Never heard slow your roll.....it must be the same as halt your biscuit in my neighborhood....
Old 08-26-2013, 05:54 PM
James Wymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Why? It's Leon's board, he pays for it, he moderates it...his patience with idiots is far beyond what I would have if it were my board. If he lost a little patience in this case I can certainly see why considering what Dave Terwilliger posted was far out of bounds, and to see another forum member privately giving kudos to that post would have my blood boiling.
I personally do not care about whether the pm got posted, but I will say when I first got on this board Dave took some really nasty shots at me and I really never did anything to provoke him, but for the sake of clarity I did defend myself.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 08-26-2013, 06:45 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

It seems to me Schwartz took some nasty shots at Leon... All things considered, I'll take Leon's side on this one hands down...

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 08-26-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Shawn England

Default Leon reads people's Private emails....

Hi Leon,

All I can really say is that I am glad that you are not a neighbor of mine that lives a couple of houses down from me - From what you revealed to me in a private message - you're the type of guy that if the mailman mistakenly put my mail in your box you would open it and read it.... Principle?

I can also say that secretly reading people's personal emails is not a good business plan either. You may get away with it, you may slide by - that still does not change the fact that it is not good business. Especially if you own a message forum, an auction house and wheel & deal on eBay....?

New questions:

1. Do the other moderators have access to people's "mistaken" private messages?

2. Leon, if one were messaging back & forth with another person and the other person replied "mistakenly" would you then in turn be able to read the whole dialogue?

3. How long have the moderators been aware that you have the ability to read private messages and have you ever discussed what you have read in peoples private emails with the moderators in the past?

Lastly Leon I have no qualms with you personally - I think you have done great things and are doings great things.... It's just that secretly reading people's emails is creepy. It doesn't matter who it is, even if it were my mother... It's still creepy. Ethics?

Shawn England
Old 08-26-2013, 07:12 PM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

Server owners can read PM's, and Board Administrators can read them if they have "permission" to do so and/or know how to hack into the system.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:15 PM
Dave Fa*st

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokelessjoe View Post
Hi Leon,

All I can really say is that I am glad that you are not a neighbor of mine that lives a couple of houses down from me - From what you revealed to me in a private message - you're the type of guy that if the mailman mistakenly put my mail in your box you would open it and read it.... Principle?

I can also say that secretly reading people's personal emails is not a good business plan either. You may get away with it, you may slide by - that still does not change the fact that it is not good business. Especially if you own a message forum, an auction house and wheel & deal on eBay....?

New questions:

2. Leon, if one were messaging back & forth with another person and the other person replied "mistakenly" would you then in turn be able to read the whole dialogue?

3. How long have the moderators been aware that you have the ability to read private messages and have you ever discussed what you have read in peoples private emails with the moderators in the past?

Lastly Leon I have no qualms with you personally - I think you have done great things and are doings great things.... It's just that secretly reading people's emails is creepy. It doesn't matter who it is, even if it were my mother... It's still creepy. Ethics?

Shawn England

Where did reading "emails" come from? I thought this was about the private messages?

I wouldn't take it for granted that anything on the internet is private.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:35 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokelessjoe View Post
Hi Leon,

New questions:

Shawn England
Hi Shawn
As I said in the PM I don't read messages. The reason I read that one, which was errantly sent to me, is because I was banning him at that exact time. It was addressed to me the way they always are. I read it because of the situation. As I also said, I didn't want to lie and say I had never seen another. In over 4 yrs I am sure I have glanced at one or two. I don't read them. I can't recall one thing I ever read from them. I am sorry you feel the way you do. I don't spy on people and the other mods don't either. I don't even know if there is a way to see other's PMs. I have never tried to search for them (if it were even an option). Nothing personal except I am sorry you feel the way you do.

To specifically answer your questions.
1. No, I don't believe they get the errant messages.
2. If the whole dialog were in an email I guess so. I don't read them so can't really say for sure.
3. I don't know if private messages can be read or not. I have never checked. The only ones I might have ever even glanced at were those sent, by mistake, to my email. There were quite a few but, as I said, I can't tell you anything any ever said. I delete them when I get them. If members follow the directions this wouldn't be an issue. Also, I am looking into a way to quit getting the mistakenly sent messages. I hope to have a solution soon.

I hope that answers those questions. Please feel free to keep asking. best regards

ps...and lastly, here is the PM I sent you, lest anyone think I say much privately I don't say publicly...

Concerning your questions on the board, I would rather answer them here....I will answer there too but I would just as soon it die down on the board....

I get about 1 errant message a day on average. People don't read, or just miss, where it says not to respond to that email. But, I don't generally read them. I delete them. I can't say I have never glanced at one in over 4 yrs, but I don't read them. I have no reason to. I did glance at the one that started the ruckus because it was from someone that had just gotten banned, or was about to, I don't remember the exact sequence. So yeah, if there is a major situation I might read, or have read, an errant one sent to me.

I am going to take steps to have those PMs bounce instead of coming to me. I never wanted them in the first place. I don't care and they are private. I have enough crap going on to deal with. Hope this answers your questions.....LL

Last edited by Leon; 08-26-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:48 PM
Shawn England

Understood:

No further questions.
Thank you Leon,

Shawn England
Old 08-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Hi Shawn
As I said in the PM I don't read messages. The reason I read that one, which was errantly sent to me, is because I was banning him at that exact time. It was addressed to me the way they always are. I read it because of the situation. As I also said, I didn't want to lie and say I had never seen another. In over 4 yrs I am sure I have glanced at one or two. I don't read them. I can't recall one thing I ever read from them. I am sorry you feel the way you do. I don't spy on people and the other mods don't either. I don't even know if there is a way to see other's PMs. I have never tried to search for them (if it were even an option). Nothing personal except I am sorry you feel the way you do.

To specifically answer your questions.
1. No, I don't believe they get the errant messages.
2. If the whole dialog were in an email I guess so. I don't read them so can't really say for sure.
3. I don't know if private messages can be read or not. I have never checked. The only ones I might have ever even glanced at were those sent, by mistake, to my email. There were quite a few but, as I said, I can't tell you anything any ever said. I delete them when I get them. If members follow the directions this wouldn't be an issue. Also, I am looking into a way to quit getting the mistakenly sent messages. I hope to have a solution soon.

I hope that answers those questions. Please feel free to keep asking. best regards

ps...and lastly, here is the PM I sent you, lest anyone think I say much publicly I don't say privately...

Concerning your questions on the board, I would rather answer them here....I will answer there too but I would just as soon it die down on the board....

I get about 1 errant message a day on average. People don't read, or just miss, where it says not to respond to that email. But, I don't generally read them. I delete them. I can't say I have never glanced at one in over 4 yrs, but I don't read them. I have no reason to. I did glance at the one that started the ruckus because it was from someone that had just gotten banned, or was about to, I don't remember the exact sequence. So yeah, if there is a major situation I might read, or have read, an errant one sent to me.

I am going to take steps to have those PMs bounce instead of coming to me. I never wanted them in the first place. I don't care and they are private. I have enough crap going on to deal with. Hope this answers your questions.....LL

It is a shame that you have to take the time to respond to these posts Leon. You are doing us all a great service by running this Board and I find it hard to believe that people actually criticize you. You are a much more tolerant person than I would be. If it was me, I would tell them to take a hike if they didn't like the way I handled things. Lets all remember that this part of the thread got started by a lunatic attacking you.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:06 PM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

Leon, if you contact your server owner, they should be able to stop you from getting the messages with one click of a button...Good luck...

And, oh yeah....Shawn, moderators can't read PM's unless they're given permission by the administrator and/or can figure out how to hack into the system...
Old 08-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Dan Bretta

I do not receive any of the errant messages. And I certainly do not know how to hack anything other than a golf ball.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:38 PM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I do not receive any of the errant messages. And I certainly do not know how to hack anything other than a golf ball.
LOL.
Most mods. don't care what people say in PM's...