NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Default Friendly reminder to Leon and co

Posted By: leon

This is a Federal crime that now has to do with a potential pedophile, based on what was put on the board. The Reno police might get involved but there are several other agencies involved at this point also. And all of this is besides the legal council in Dallas that is being sought to file Federal Civil charges. I think Billy is going to find out what he has done is very wrong, very soon......

Old 08-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: D.Lai

Wow! That is why children and adults should never play with fire.

I commend you for taking action against this character. Hopefully in the long run he won't make the same mistake twice.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Watch it, Leon, Billy stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night so be prepared for some more unsolicited legal advice from him.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

I think Billy has already cut and pasted everything he can find on Wikipedia.

I especially liked the way a guy posing as Keith Olberman, and then a former lawyer, cited chapter and verse on how posting his personal info was "identity theft."

Old 08-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Don't forget the rock n roll golfer ~MB3~

Old 08-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

Huckleberry (plant)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Huckleberry.

Wild huckleberry in the Mount Hood National Forest. The floral remnants, signifying a false berry, are visible on the apex of the fruit.Huckleberry is a name used in North America for several plants in two closely related genera in the family Ericaceae: Gaylussacia and Vaccinium. The Huckleberry is the state fruit of Idaho.

While some Vaccinium species, such as the Red Huckleberry, are always called huckleberries, other species may be called blueberries or huckleberries depending upon local custom. Usually, the distinction between them is that blueberries have numerous tiny seeds, while huckleberries have 10 larger seeds (making them more difficult to eat).

Note that there is much confusion in naming of berries in American English. The 'garden huckleberry' (Solanum melanocerasum) is not considered to be a true huckleberry but a member of the nightshade family.

The fruit of the various species of plant called huckleberry is generally edible. The berries are small and round, usually less than 5 mm in diameter, and contain 10 relatively large seeds. Berries range in color according to species from bright red, through dark purple, and into the blues. In taste the berries range from tart to sweet, with a flavor similar to that of a blueberry, especially in blue/purple colored varieties. Huckleberries are a favorite of many mammals such as bears and humans.

Bog Huckleberry at Polly's Cove, Nova ScotiaIn the Pacific Northwest of North America, the huckleberry plant can be found in mid-alpine regions, often on the lower slopes of mountains. The plant grows best in damp, acidic soil. Under optimal conditions, huckleberries can be as much as 1.5-2 m (about 5-6.5 feet) high, and usually ripen in mid-to-late summer; later at higher elevations.

Huckleberries hold a place in archaic English slang. The tiny size of the berries led to their frequent use as a way of referring to something small, often in an affectionate way. The phrase "a huckleberry over my persimmon" was used to mean "a bit beyond my abilities". "I'm your huckleberry" is a way of saying that one is just the right person for a given job,[1] which was used by the character Doc Holliday in the movie Tombstone. The Huckleberry Railroad is a heritage train located in Flint, Michigan. It ran so slowly that it was said a person could jump off the train, pick huckleberries and jump back on the train with minimum effort. [2]

Old 08-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John

Dan funny on the hardcore golfer sort of like being the tallest midget....not even a chuckle on the Poochie thing...you guys really let me down sometimes..LOL

http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/thread/1218513647/last-1218515338/I+applaud+your+decision+Leon+take+a+bow+%28--

Old 08-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

Dang, I missed all the activity. Having a life truly sucks... Are we going after little Billy?

Old 08-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Shawn Chambers

John,

Speaking for Kung Fu Hippies everywhere, I thought the Poochie comment was genius. The XTREME golf thing is lame beyond belief.

There, happy?

Shawn

Old 08-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Good job Leon, this guy deserves whatever he gets at this point.

Steve

Old 08-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tyler

John,
Your "dripping with sarcasm" comment about the Xtreme golf, etc. was fabulous. I didn't want to get involved with this mess, so I didn't post. Now that it has died down I will give you full props. NICE!
Wonka Rules!

Old 08-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jodi Birkholm

John,

Nobody gets my jokes, either. Perhaps we should form a support group.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Oh we get them. We just aren't laughing.....

Just kidding...actually we don't get them.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Administrator

If you get any of them, consider yourself proud.

Check and mate.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brandon Brown

*POST REMOVED DUE TO COMPLAINT: SOME PEOPLE JUST DONT GET IT!

Old 08-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kyle

I find the image and words offensive. In a gesture of understanding, Brandon would you please edit your post and remove the image?

Thanks,
Kyle

Old 08-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Old 08-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Some people just don't get it. Just think of it like this... what words, images, etc. do you find offensive when used inappropriately?

Thank you for your understanding, Brandon.

-Kyle

EDITED last line of first sentence. Added "when used inappropriately".

Old 08-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Todd Schultz

thanks for removing that pic Brandon--you're right, I don't get it.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Administrator

<<what words, images, etc. do you find offensive?>>

I'd type them all out, but wouldn't want to risk offending myself!

Old 08-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brandon Brown

One mans' humor is another mans' hot-button issue. Growing up with a disability, I have been able to overlook abject stupidity of others, who intentionally mean to hurt peoples' feelings. When you are dealing with a society that hasnt been exposed to those sort of things (the type of issues dealt with in that post) it makes people uncomfortable, whereas someone who has been around people with disabilities, and heard all sorts of jokes and whatnot throughout my life, it doesnt phase me anymore. I appologise to those who I offended! NOW LETS GET BACK TO CARDS PEOPLE!!!!

Brandon

Old 08-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MB3

To those wondering why i posted my comments let me make it very clear. I do not know anyone from here. I enjoy baseball cards and most of the time i go right to the t-card post board. I have purchased T-206 cards on here and will continue doing so. I was told about this site from a very honest and also high end collector as a alternative to e-bay, his collection would be in the millions dollar wise. The reason for my posts is very simple, i thought this was a baseball card message board and not like every other site where the subject at hand always get pushed aside and then conversations turn into drama such as threats,ridicule,and confrontational situations. I am the type of guy that tries to break up fights not start them. My comments were made only to try and help Leon not let a individual get under his skin. MB3

Old 08-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Hi Brandon,

I knew there was a deeper meaning to your post, hence my hesitation to post something more blunt and potentially, well rude. I've come to learn not everyone on this board has the worst of intentions, some just need a little kick in the ass to realize what is worth posting, and what isn't. Your willingness to remove the image immediately scores you points in my book. Thank you, much appreciated.

Have a great rest of your night, rest of your week and soon to be... your weekend!

Regards,
-Kyle

Old 08-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Administrator

To John and Shawn. When a person has opened for Marilyn Manson on several occasions they do not have to think they are extreme or hardcore it is just a given, LMFAO because i am quite sure that you two individuals would probably stand at the back of the building near the exit once the first guitar chord was struck.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: B.C.Daniels

does this dildo even collect cards?

BcD

Old 08-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Administrator

I also will state for the record that i never saw Billy's post so i did not know what he said about Leon's daughter or how old she was. I really came onto the main page because i have a baseball photograph that is the only one in the world to exist and was going to post it and try to get some insight and possibly sell it here and just noticed the Leon thread. After seeing how things have gone down over the past two days this place is way to cheesy and self righteous for me. Leon you and Dan might want to get out of the baseball card business and possibly consider a job in law enforcement.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Administrator

Yeah BC i collect cards and own the highest grade examples of some t-206 cards that have been graded by PSA.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Administrator

I wish I were in the baseball card business.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Administrator

You've got me curious about your baseball photo...why not post it over on the memorabilia side and give us a try?

Old 08-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Dan....the photo is just the beginning. I just recently slabbed 250 t-206 cards and bought another collection that had 640 raw ones of which most will grade between 5 and 7. My goal was to sell them on this site and give the true t-card collector a chance at getting them without having to worry about being schill bidded against. My photo is turn of the century and i have contacted two museums and both were astounded that one survived. The photo also has several famous people in the stands and there photographs are highly sought after because not many survived. I thought that perhaps instead of sending it to Robert Edwards or Mastro that i would try and figure it's worth here because my friend told me this sight had the deepest collectors on the planet. After the drama over the past few days i am going to reconsider and the only reason i am still here is because i have made a few purchases from people and am waiting for the cards to arrive once they do rest assured i am ****ing out of this joint.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Todd Schultz

adios

Old 08-13-2008, 01:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

MB seems to be full of lots of BM.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:37 AM
Administrator

Want to see who is full of it there bottom? How about we make a friendly wager of oh about 25k which can be put in escrow that i can produce the cards and photo. I enjoy gambling and i am not the type to bs about the items i have especially when i dropped over 30k to purchase the last lot of t-cards. I currently own over 50 tin types and pre 1900 baseball photos that i have aquired from my travels playing golf all over the country the past ten years. Most folks at small town antique shops have no idea what items are worth so they just do not understand what a baseball tintype is worth, when i am not practicing i generally seek these places out and also attend auctions. Let me make it real easy on you, i'll just bet you 5k that i have the photo and when you accept the bet i'll let you talk to the two museum curators and also send you a image. Then we will see if you want to wager on whether or not i have the cards.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: DMcD

Billy Gilliam is Steve McCormick is MB3, right? This is getting kinda confusing.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:46 AM
Administrator

No...i do not know Gilliam or anyone else on this board.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John

Oh...Poochie.....

"Most folks at small town antique shops have no idea what items are worth so they just do not understand what a baseball tintype is worth"

Yeah maybe you can go on the XTREME antiques road show that would be XTREME to the MAX! Yeah folks have never heard of eBay or the internet. Wow smart, a rock god, and an XTREME golfer, are you also a Navy Seal/CIA agent...and Astronaut.

"When a person has opened for Marilyn Manson on several occasions they do not have to think they are extreme or hardcore it is just a given"

Yeah you're right popular music is so scary today, I just want to stay home and listen to my Glenn Miller albums...speaking of which "extreme" and "hardcore"...LOL what other buzz words are you planning on pulling out "Dope", "The Bomb", "Word"... MB 1997 called their missing some words from the yawn vault.

Somehow I think you're not the real MBrocks... at least I hope guys who open for Manson don't always sound so sad and whinny...

"and the only reason i am still here is because i have made a few purchases from people and am waiting for the cards to arrive once they do rest assured i am ****ing out of this joint."

Boo hoo I'm going to take my ball and go home..boo...hoo...hoo..God you can't even leave in an XTREME way.

P.S. Cash in escrow Billy, wow 30k is almost like 50yrs allowance to you, and if you are the famous MB3 I think it's safe to say we know the money's not coming from your huge golf purses. Looks like from 2006's numbers you'll be about 24k short of the bet, I hope 2007 and 2008 and have been more XTREME in payouts.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:32 AM
Administrator

John.... since you are to cool for school then why don't you cut all the talk and put your money where your mouth is. Contact me via my website and then i will write you back and you will see that this is not a imposter. I played pretty well in 06 considering i played half the season with a torn ribcage before it got so serious that i had to rest the entire 07 season. I must be able to play since i shot 68 at US Open qualifying and won the event while injured. I also made two cuts while injured and missed qualifying for the Nationwide tour event by one shot in New York while only being able to swing 70%. In response to your assumption about antique shop owners watching the road show and e-bay here is where you are wrong. Most people just figure a tintype is worth between 100 to 300 and do not figure out who the player is on the tintype. If i were you and you seem like such a tough guy with that chilly willy wonka five year old mindset that likes to call people down then do so. If i thought a guy was bogus or just talking **** then i would shut him up by putting my money where my mouth is because real men bet money. I really do not want to reveal any of my baseball items because after seeing how the people on this board act i would never put a item for sale on here. There are a couple of members who know i just bought some t-206 cards from them via the pay-pal route and that i am waiting for them to arrive, one of them has even posted comments during this whole billy situation. Here is a tintype i own of General Custer and to his right is a african american soldier, the tintype is worth around 5 to 8 thousand and i purchased it in the parking lot of a antique store when a gentleman who had a booth in the store sold me a baseball tintype and said he had a few with soldiers in them at the house. He had no idea what Custer looks like. Let me know how much you want to lose and i will produce the goods.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:34 AM
Administrator

You probably do not know what custer looks like either but now you do.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:54 AM
Administrator

Glenn Miller and Willy Wonka...now there is a real exacta box if i ever saw one. Might try dusting off your record player and vcr tapes or i know pop a few geritol to take the edge off.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

MB3- I have been buying and selling tintypes for about twenty years and have seen and handled hundreds of them. Maybe I have positively identified a ballplayer on two or three of them.

Just curious, who are some of the ballplayers you have identified of which the antique dealers were unaware?

You also mentioned you bought a collection of 640 T206, most which would grade between 5 and 7. Sounds like a collection worth in the vicinity of a million dollars. Wish I could find something like that, and retire on it. Could you fill us in on some details? Thank you.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Shawn Chambers

MB3 of orient are...

The only reason I would be standing next to the Exit at a Marilyn Manson show is because I've already seen the concert...years ago...when it was Alice Cooper! Oh, and you should love Alice, he plays golf, but probably not as XTREMELY as you. Since, obviously, you are taken to the 3rd power.

Sorry, hardslick, but Marilyn is NOT nearly hard enough for me. Too damn radio friendly, chief. I will be happy to accompany you to some shows where your stupid Penguin polo will be shoved down your throat. Penguin...remember when it was Munsingwear...now it just seems to be Mansonwear. Aaahh, how "punk" has changed.

Keep trying.

Shawn

Old 08-13-2008, 06:03 AM
Administrator

I like applesauce.

Steve

Old 08-13-2008, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Boy, far too many of these disrespectful newbees are really hungup on themselves... Apparently, someone in this chute didn't get enough of momma's milk.

MB3, Read what you've typed. You sound like a pompous stuffed shirt. You think you are threatening with your macho spew?.. Well I got a news flash, You come across as a whiney, uptight, little piss ant. Take your amazing collection of mens pictures and stuff them where the sun don't shine -cuz noone here give's a rat's ass. Ya see, It's not what is in your collection that earns respect. How you creeps avoided being sucker'd in high school eludes me!

Too many of these confrontational posts lately. Leon, Speaking for myself here, but I wouldn't mind seeing a born on date with our IDs. Just to keep track of the new-age egotists with internet-induced cajones. Also, would help in knowing which threads to ignore. Perhaps it's time?

Old 08-13-2008, 06:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Zinn

Old 08-13-2008, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I am with you on seeing some more stuff, and as our friend little Billy said, our s/w is somewhat antiquated. But ya know what? The more I seen in upgrades and how newer s/w works I am not sure our tried and true KISS s/w isn't pretty darn good.

MB3- the folks on this site have known each other for many, many years. The core group are almost like family. Going back to our previous board I have been on it 9 yrs. Many others have been on it that long too...and a very few about a yr longer, which was the inception of the original board. Some of our board members have known each other for 30 or more years. Most of us are fairly mature (really) regular ole family folks. I have nothing against you personally but you are fairly new here and as such aren't known too well. It looks like you are a golfer and a pretty good one. Kudo's for that. It looks like you "roll" your own way. I have been "rolling" for about 10 yrs longer than you have been alive. But that's a whole nuther story . We need to get together and have a few beers if you want to talk extreme. Cold warfare training in Korea in the USMC was extreme. Living the other side of Miami vice for several years was extreme. Many things we do are extreme....Heck, a lot of us are addicted to our little cards....which is mostly better than some other addictions and could be considered extreme. So I say...sit back, take it easy....enjoy our board if you want to...and if you don't want to it's ok too. I appreciate your thoughts on little Billy. Maybe someday when you have a little daughter you will understand why just letting this go is not a good thing...also, little Billy needs to learn this lesson...Just like a lot of us have had life's learning lessons in the past. I will be talking to one of his University's internet security people today and then call back one of their Regents with an update. I expect a federal agency to be involved today too...Maybe you are unaware but little Billy has been disrupting our board for quite some time. Now he gets to learn from it....If I can ever help you let me know....best regards

Old 08-13-2008, 07:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

I know people get sick of this stuff - once in awhile I do too. But I think it's worth wading through these threads sometimes just to see the humor of some people here. HAH! What I wouldn't give to be as sharp as Wonka or Lichtman when they get on a roll and get after some jerk. lolol. I just absolutely crack up.

And MB,

"i collect cards and own the highest grade examples of some t-206 cards that have been graded by PSA."

.. we already have all the Bruces we need here. Thanks though.

J

Old 08-13-2008, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Lately we've had a number of newbies come onto the board not with the intention of assimilating into our community, but instead to anatgonize it. They aren't here to share or learn, but to derail intelligent conversations. I don't have a plan to correct this but it is something the board needs to address. There seems to be less discussion about baseball cards than there should be.

And yes Joann, we already have many Bruces; now MP3 wants to outBruce Bruce.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

I've got to say that I really admire Leon's patience and professionalism during this debacle. Having been the moderator of a few message boards, and I can definitely say I am not a big enough person to have handled this the same way.

-Al

Old 08-13-2008, 07:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John S

One could do a Master's Thesis in psychology simply by frequenting the board and analyzing and interpreting the motives of some of the antagonists that Barry mentions.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Kenneth A. Cohen

Where did MB3 come from? Just got off the night shift. Too much to go back and read. Is he just the latest of Billy's gaggle of alter-egos? Can't tell the players without a scorecard. (There - a baseball reference.)