NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-11-2023, 01:02 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default Parsippany NJ show

Went to my first ever Parsiappany NJ card show. Maybe 60 tables? Short drive for me.

The show was interesting. EASILY 50% of the show was Yu Gi Oh cards. Maybe 60%. And lots of activity. Some prewar and older stuff. But no more than 6-8 cases. Was nice.

Young kids seemed almost exclusively to be interested in YU Gi Oh.

My only beef with it was the fact that there were three or four rooms very warm and there were too many people in too compact a space for my taste. Not relaxed. And people breathing down each others neck.

Seems like a lot of oldsters were enjoying chatting and selling. Clearly no one there making a fortune. Did see some nice 60s baseball cards. Planted a few seeds of things I might follow up on.
Old 02-11-2023, 01:19 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Steve, was this the PAL show? Scott used to run a live auctions there which were a lot of fun. Nothing major, but loved picking up a few odd ball items and having basically no competition for the prewar stuff.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 02-11-2023, 07:22 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
Steve, was this the PAL show? Scott used to run a live auctions there which were a lot of fun. Nothing major, but loved picking up a few odd ball items and having basically no competition for the prewar stuff.
Was not the PAL show. Some local card collector group of some kind. Looked for Scott and didn't see him.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 02-12-2023 at 05:11 AM.
Old 02-12-2023, 03:39 AM
Gary McNabb

Default PAL show

I miss going and helping Scott with the auction, he is such a nice guy !
Old 02-12-2023, 07:07 AM

My son and I went to the Parsippany show yesterday. The last few have been in the Embassy Suites there, decent layout, spread out nicely over several rooms in the lobby/lower level of the hotel. Probably 50% Pokemon cards, and 50% modern sports cards. Only saw one table with decent enough vintage worth mentioning. Regardless, we had a good time.

Spoke to the show promoter, they're moving the show back to the Holiday Inn for the rest of the year, which is a little disappointing, as it's just one room there, whereas the Embassy Suites show had a nice variety of space. Anyway, we'll keep going no matter where it is, as my son and I enjoy walking around.

Here's the upcoming schedule:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6404.jpg (190.0 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by MVSNYC; 02-12-2023 at 07:14 AM.
Old 02-12-2023, 07:37 AM
Rich Klein

Before it moved to the PAL the Parsippany show used to be at Holiday Inn and I will tell you those were the best "small" show in NJ there was in the 1980's. I bought and sold a ton of cards at those show at the Holiday Inn and it was really an easy place to get to

Rich
Old 02-12-2023, 07:55 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

For thse who might not know, this is a great resource for info on shows.

https://sportscollectorsdigest.com/c.../show-calendar
Old 02-12-2023, 08:18 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
For thse who might not know, this is a great resource for info on shows.

https://sportscollectorsdigest.com/c.../show-calendar
Very nice and very helpful

Thanks

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 02-12-2023, 08:22 AM
Scott Russell

I actually stopped doing the PAL show a few years back. Got tires of selling all my pre war to DJ for nothing lol. We ran live auctions there for a little over a year. I'd be interested in doing a live auction at a show again, but it takes a while to get traction and that's a tough sell to consignors, and I don't have the personal inventory to do it anymore.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions