NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Game Used Forum - 1980-Present

Old 01-18-2013, 08:10 AM
Jay Shelton

Default Game Used Universe Problems?

Hi:
I am (or was) a member of the Game Used Universe forums since 2009. About 7 weeks ago, I had a brain bleep and forgot my password, so I followed correct protocol and submitted a new password request through the forums. The forums are supposed to send out an email with a link to change one's password. I never received anything at all. I have tried to use the "forgot password" form on three separate occasions since the original request, and I have also used the "Contact Administrator" link twice to explain my problem. No responses to anything at all. Is anyone here on Net54 a member of GUU, and if so, have you had any similar problems at all?

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Chris.tian Aug.ustus

i'm not a member there, but from what i gather, the board is totally un-administered.

its still a pretty active board, but the owner has just left it untended.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Jay Shelton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan-budman View Post
i'm not a member there, but from what i gather, the board is totally un-administered.

its still a pretty active board, but the owner has just left it untended.
Ah, that would explain no replies to numerous emails, etc. So basically, if you forget your password, you are out of luck. Thank you very much for the information.

That would also explain the lack of updates to the auction part of the site, etc. To quote the great Daffy Duck, "What a way to run a railroad!"

Good thing we don't have to worry about that here at Net54. Leon and the Mods do a GREAT job!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:48 PM
keith janosky

Half the time over at GUU the site is down and you can't log in. Either poorly run or they need to upgrade something. Glad net54 started a GU forum and they do a great job over here.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Hank

I have experienced the same problems with the site being down from time to time.

Hank
Old 01-18-2013, 07:21 PM

I had the exact same forgotten password retrieval problem about two months ago. I quit trying soon after.

I heard they quit accepting new members some time ago.

Last edited by drc; 01-18-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:02 PM
keith janosky

Even posting pictures over there sucks. Everytime I try to post even one picture it says the file is to big. I post on Net54 and it NEVER happens here. I post 6 pictures on Net54 and never a problem, try to post one over there and it won't take. No matter what always to big to post. It looks like the same system but they refuse to upgrade or something. Ive emailed before with no reply. I'm sure there is other ways to get pictures on over there but not wasting my time. Net54 is the way to go.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:30 PM
Christopher Cavalier

Default Game Used Universe

Hello Everyone,

My name is Chris Cavalier and I am the owner of Game Used Universe. Looking back I probably should have registered with my actual name but at least everyone will now know I am a big fan of the Christopher Nolan Batman series

I would like to address some of the comments made on this thread as well as offer to have anyone contact me directly if they have any issues going forward with the Game Used Universe site. My email address is chris@gameuseduniverse.com and I will be happy to answer any questions you might have. In addition, I would like to provide the following information here:

1) Regarding passwords, Jayworld and drc, I am not sure why the auto-system response hasn't provided you with a new password but I will be happy to reset your password for you if you email me directly. While we do not have access to individual passwords, we are able to reset them through the administrative function. I will be happy to issue you new passwords and then you can change them in your profile later if you so desire.

2) There was a period where I was personally out of pocket. This was due to some health issues that have now been resolved. However, the boards at Game Used Universe are not "un-administered." In fact, there are a team of moderators and there have been numerous threads that have recently been moderated to conform with our forum rules. The moderators there do a fantastic job so any issues you may have had in the past where due to my absence and are my responsibility. I personally apologize if there have been any inconveniences in the past but we have been working very hard to make sure everything is now working properly.

3) Regarding accepting members, I have personally made sure that any person who has registered with what appears to be a real name, email address and phone number has been approved to use the site. Every person who has been approved has also received an email directly from me letting them know they have been approved. Unfortunately, we had to change the registration system a while back to require approval because we had banned members registering under new aliases and posting simply to cause trouble. These registrations/posts were often done in the middle of the night and, though we would delete them, there were times when they might be on the boards for a bit of time before they were removed. This was something we did not want to subject our members to and thus the reason for the change in the registration process. We will be moving to a new registration process soon but, as for now, I have been approving new members daily and the approved ones get a welcome email from me directly as soon as they are approved and are reminded to familiarize themselves with the forum rules for posting before they begin using the site.

4) Regarding the site outages, that has to do with a server issue that we are trying to address. For a total fix we are planning to move to new servers but that will require a technical migration involving people who intimately understand the source code to prevent any major interruptions with the site. I believe we have found the developers needed and we plan to do that soon. In the interim, I have personally been monitoring the site and work to get it back up immediately if there are any outages. I believe if you ask our members, they will tell you there has not been any significant amount of time the site has been down in the last few months.

5) Regarding the posting of pictures, I was not aware of that issue. There is a size limit restriction to prevent the posting of numerous large files that might slow down the speed of the site. We have brought in a new Network Administrator and I will check into this and see what can be done. Keithsky, if you can please email me directly and let me know the file sizes you were attempting to post I would appreciate it and I will look into it.

6) We are also planning some other things that I can't really discuss right now. However, you can be sure that, as always, we will be thinking of things we can do to help the collecting community in any way possible.

Again, I apologize if my health related issues have caused any inconvenience for anyone in the past and I am happy to personally answer any questions you might have. As listed earlier, I can be reached at chris@gameuseduniverse.com. Please feel free to email me and I will try to get back to you as quickly as possible.

I also want to thank Leon for running such a great site and for allowing me to post. We spoke earlier today and I will echo the comments in this thread that Leon has done a great job here.

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

Last edited by BruceWayne; 01-21-2013 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-22-2013, 09:36 AM
Jay Shelton

Chris:
Thank you very much for coming on the boards and addressing the issue(s). I have sent you a password request via email.

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Christopher Cavalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayworld View Post
Chris:
Thank you very much for coming on the boards and addressing the issue(s). I have sent you a password request via email.

Thanks!
Hello Jay,

Thank you for the kind words and the email. I have already sent you a reply. Please let me know if you received it.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 10-02-2014, 04:44 PM
Jos.eph Dw.ek

I cannot get access to my account as well and no one answers the emails or phone calls. Is he still in business ?
Old 03-26-2015, 08:06 AM
Jay Shelton

Well, I had to reset my password over at Game Used universe last night (I sent a request via the "forgot password" link), and it seems as if the same problems back in 2013 are still occurring on the site; i.e. no email to reset the password was ever sent, so unfortunately (again) I am locked out of the Game Used Universe forum.

I have followed up with an email to Chris Cavalier early this morning....we'll see what happens. I have also found out that others are having this problem as well. Seems as though the automated system was never fixed....

Hmmmm.....
Old 02-13-2016, 10:05 AM
clark J
Clar.k Ja.lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWayne View Post
Hello Everyone,

My name is Chris Cavalier and I am the owner of Game Used Universe. Looking back I probably should have registered with my actual name but at least everyone will now know I am a big fan of the Christopher Nolan Batman series

I would like to address some of the comments made on this thread as well as offer to have anyone contact me directly if they have any issues going forward with the Game Used Universe site. My email address is chris@gameuseduniverse.com and I will be happy to answer any questions you might have. In addition, I would like to provide the following information here:

1) Regarding passwords, Jayworld and drc, I am not sure why the auto-system response hasn't provided you with a new password but I will be happy to reset your password for you if you email me directly. While we do not have access to individual passwords, we are able to reset them through the administrative function. I will be happy to issue you new passwords and then you can change them in your profile later if you so desire.

2) There was a period where I was personally out of pocket. This was due to some health issues that have now been resolved. However, the boards at Game Used Universe are not "un-administered." In fact, there are a team of moderators and there have been numerous threads that have recently been moderated to conform with our forum rules. The moderators there do a fantastic job so any issues you may have had in the past where due to my absence and are my responsibility. I personally apologize if there have been any inconveniences in the past but we have been working very hard to make sure everything is now working properly.

3) Regarding accepting members, I have personally made sure that any person who has registered with what appears to be a real name, email address and phone number has been approved to use the site. Every person who has been approved has also received an email directly from me letting them know they have been approved. Unfortunately, we had to change the registration system a while back to require approval because we had banned members registering under new aliases and posting simply to cause trouble. These registrations/posts were often done in the middle of the night and, though we would delete them, there were times when they might be on the boards for a bit of time before they were removed. This was something we did not want to subject our members to and thus the reason for the change in the registration process. We will be moving to a new registration process soon but, as for now, I have been approving new members daily and the approved ones get a welcome email from me directly as soon as they are approved and are reminded to familiarize themselves with the forum rules for posting before they begin using the site.

4) Regarding the site outages, that has to do with a server issue that we are trying to address. For a total fix we are planning to move to new servers but that will require a technical migration involving people who intimately understand the source code to prevent any major interruptions with the site. I believe we have found the developers needed and we plan to do that soon. In the interim, I have personally been monitoring the site and work to get it back up immediately if there are any outages. I believe if you ask our members, they will tell you there has not been any significant amount of time the site has been down in the last few months.

5) Regarding the posting of pictures, I was not aware of that issue. There is a size limit restriction to prevent the posting of numerous large files that might slow down the speed of the site. We have brought in a new Network Administrator and I will check into this and see what can be done. Keithsky, if you can please email me directly and let me know the file sizes you were attempting to post I would appreciate it and I will look into it.

6) We are also planning some other things that I can't really discuss right now. However, you can be sure that, as always, we will be thinking of things we can do to help the collecting community in any way possible.

Again, I apologize if my health related issues have caused any inconvenience for anyone in the past and I am happy to personally answer any questions you might have. As listed earlier, I can be reached at chris@gameuseduniverse.com. Please feel free to email me and I will try to get back to you as quickly as possible.

I also want to thank Leon for running such a great site and for allowing me to post. We spoke earlier today and I will echo the comments in this thread that Leon has done a great job here.

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe
Rather interesting that "banned members" and banishment common banter among GUU and it's associates.
Clark J