NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-13-2018, 07:52 PM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Incredible Bob.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:30 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicem View Post
Incredible Bob.
What happened to this? I was going to look at it closer when I got home as it was a ruth item I had never seen. Is this a movie poster?

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 01-17-2018, 10:59 AM

Default 1927 Ruth Poster

I am adding it back, it originates from the Halper sale (Lot 617)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1927 Babe Ruth Movie Poster.jpg (74.4 KB, 572 views)

Last edited by bobfreedman; 01-17-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:22 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfreedman View Post
I am adding it back, it originates from the Halper sale (Lot 617)
Very cool

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 01-17-2018, 04:52 PM
Dave Grob

Default Glass Slide Projector and Slide

A little before the time of being able to throw in a DVD or stream a game live from MLB. While these glass slide projectors and slides are not all that rare, finding slides with major league baseball content is sort of tough.

Dave Grob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slide1.JPG (62.9 KB, 539 views)
Old 01-17-2018, 08:07 PM
J0n@th@n P@rker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Grob View Post
A little before the time of being able to throw in a DVD or stream a game live from MLB. While these glass slide projectors and slides are not all that rare, finding slides with major league baseball content is sort of tough.

Dave Grob
That is pretty cool Dave. Nice pick up
Old 01-18-2018, 07:21 AM
Mike

Love that Ruth movie poster Bob!

Very cool item Dave.

Mike
Old 01-28-2018, 03:02 PM

Default A couple of small items

The bottle id a Tappan Avon bottle (it is my second one), my other has the label and the other piece is an eBay find (a Boston Garter Store Display).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1910s Boston Garter Display Case.jpg (41.2 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpg 1880s Tappan Baseball Bat Bottle.jpg (20.4 KB, 195 views)
Old 01-28-2018, 03:45 PM

Default Vandy goes yard!

Here is a Reds scorecard that I just picked up from 6/12/48 @ Reds.
It's neatly scored and a definite must for my advanced Vandy collection.

In the 1st game of a twinbill, Johnny "Double No-Hit" Vander Meer homers for the 1st and only time in his career that spanned the better part of 14 years in the bigs. He must have accidently ran into one...

Vandy also got the win against the visiting Boston Braves 3-1, his 115th career win out of 119.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:24 PM
Phil

Default Carter Hoffman figures

I was just able to snag some Carter Hoffman figures. I got all the ones pictured except for the Columbia Lion.

The crown jewel is the Dartmouth Indian. It is a very rare jumbo sized piece that I have never seen before. Does anyone else collect these things?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carters1.jpg (74.6 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg Carters2.jpg (77.0 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg DartmouthJumbo.jpg (77.0 KB, 182 views)
Old 01-30-2018, 10:51 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Those are great! Especially the Dartmouth Indian.... brilliant Mascot!

I do love them, but don't collect them. Inside the Park offers a good selection of these via the auction route, and also at the National.

Cool pickups!
Old 01-31-2018, 05:57 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Picked up some lumber the last two months. Very excited about the Oliva in particular.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0377.jpg (75.7 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0378.jpg (77.4 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0379.jpg (77.6 KB, 147 views)
Old 01-17-2018, 05:04 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
What happened to this? I was going to look at it closer when I got home as it was a ruth item I had never seen. Is this a movie poster?
It's what is known as a window card. These would be placed around town to promote either the current or upcoming offering at the local movie theater.

The most common size is 14x22 though there are less common mini window cards at 8x14 and jumbo window cards at 22x28 (same size as a half sheet). The window cards were generally on a cardboard stock and often had writing on the top, which was a blank space used by the theater to promote dates and times of the showing.

Last edited by btcarfagno; 01-17-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcarfagno View Post
It's what is known as a window card. These would be placed around town to promote either the current or upcoming offering at the local movie theater.

The most common size is 14x22 though there are less common mini window cards at 8x14 and jumbo window cards at 22x28 (same size as a half sheet). The window cards were generally on a cardboard stock and often had writing on the top, which was a blank space used by the theater to promote dates and times of the showing.
Tom, this is the 14" x 22" version and as far as I know, the only on known
Old 01-22-2018, 06:44 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
Tom, this is the 14" x 22" version and as far as I know, the only on known
I can imagine. I have never seen one before this one and I have been a part time dealer in movie paper on and off for almost 30 years.

The scarcity of the other sizes is for all movies in general. 14x22 is the standard size for a window card. Some movies might have also had the mini version or the giant version, but like I said, I haven't seen another window card of any size for this title.

Does it have restoration?
Old 01-22-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcarfagno View Post
I can imagine. I have never seen one before this one and I have been a part time dealer in movie paper on and off for almost 30 years.

The scarcity of the other sizes is for all movies in general. 14x22 is the standard size for a window card. Some movies might have also had the mini version or the giant version, but like I said, I haven't seen another window card of any size for this title.

Does it have restoration?
Tom, It has two very small areas that look to have had some restoration done to it. One is in the middle on the right hand side that is about 2" long and the other is in the bottom right hand corner that is hard to tell if it is a repair or tape residue. I have a very nice black light and that is all I can ascertain from shining the flashlight on it. I was able to look at the back by having it re-framed recently. I should have taken some photos of the back when I had it opened.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:17 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
Tom, It has two very small areas that look to have had some restoration done to it. One is in the middle on the right hand side that is about 2" long and the other is in the bottom right hand corner that is hard to tell if it is a repair or tape residue. I have a very nice black light and that is all I can ascertain from shining the flashlight on it. I was able to look at the back by having it re-framed recently. I should have taken some photos of the back when I had it opened.
I guess you could have for future sale purposes but knowing you that won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Sounds like it doesn't have much restoration which is really nice. I mean....with a piece that scarce restoration doesn't mean a whole lot but there would likely be some who would be off put by it having a ton of work done.on it.

Last edited by btcarfagno; 01-22-2018 at 02:17 PM.