NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-06-2018, 07:16 AM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14,389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
There could potentially be kickback from ebay. We think it's crazy but it could happen.
Right, very important to protect the super secret ID of a serial retractor, I am sure the consequences of posting the ID could be devastating for Greg M.
__________________
Buy high, sell low.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-06-2018 at 07:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-06-2018, 07:33 AM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 25,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Right, very important to protect the super secret ID of a serial retractor, I am sure the consequences of posting the ID could be devastating for Greg M.
They could get suspended for not following ebay rules just like anyone else. *I don't know those rules but I won't blame a company for not potentially jeopardizing their livelihood. The serial retractor should have been booted long by ebay.
.
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-06-2018, 08:47 AM
D. Bergin's Avatar
D. Bergin D. Bergin is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 3,382
Default

Yup, Ebay desperately likes to keep up the illusion that all bids are good bids. They will come down way harder on a seller revealing a bidder (bad or good), then they will a bidder serial retracting, not paying, canceling, damaging and returning, renting and returning, outright stealing, etc., etc.....

They file it under the privacy rights umbrella.

I once got a stern warning, a deletion of my posts and a threatened suspension from Ebay for revealing part of a conversation on an Ebay Powerseller Forum with a bidder who ran up one of my items, then claimed he bid erroneously and accused ME of running up the item, and then offered to buy the item from me at 25% of the final bid price, because he was such a good guy.

I didn't even reveal the guys ID. Just a part of the e-mail conversation, and the pinks slapped me down, saying it was against Ebay policy to reveal private communication with a buyer (even though he never actually paid for a damn thing).

I won't reveal an ID on a public forum either anymore, but I will to anybody who private messages me, if I think it's appropriate.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-06-2018, 08:50 AM
jfkheat jfkheat is offline
James
James Kin.chen
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SC
Posts: 506
Default

Many eBay ids have been posted on here for doing bad stuff over the years. Hell, Candiman alone has had 5 or 6 posted. Why is it all of a sudden an issue?
James
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-06-2018, 10:43 AM
D. Bergin's Avatar
D. Bergin D. Bergin is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 3,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
Many eBay ids have been posted on here for doing bad stuff over the years. Hell, Candiman alone has had 5 or 6 posted. Why is it all of a sudden an issue?
James
"Candiman" I'm guessing mentioned in the context of a seller, and not a buyer. That is fine with Ebay.

Some are more comfortable revealing ID's then others. Some have already been warned by Ebay for trying to be proactive and are gunshy about it, some have not and are ok with the risk. Some have more skin in the game then others, and more to lose, and don't want to rock the boat

I think it's as simple as that.

I think it's a badly kept secret that several of these serial retractors read or participate on this board regularly, and it is likely not a stretch that they are not above getting Ebay involved as retaliation for getting outed.

Hey, if you are not a regular seller, and mostly a bidder on Ebay, the risk is very, very low, and it's easier to post away problematic ID's. I'd be very curious about these two ID's myself and would welcome the opportunity to block them, even though they are likely not in my wheelhouse for what I sell.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-06-2018, 10:45 AM
Republicaninmass Republicaninmass is offline
T3d $h3rm@n
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,164
Default

Probably be a good idea to block them from consigning stuff as well
__________________
SIGNED 1952 Topps
381/407


"Trolling Ebay right now"
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-12-2018, 09:24 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14,389
Default

Sorry if I am reading this wrong but it looks to me like this bidder has continued to bid with the same seller despite being blocked? The first highlighted bid was his bid on June 3 on the 63 Maris PSA 7. A card on which he bid 5 times, as you can see in two places. That was with Seller 3, and he has placed many bids within the past few hours with the same Seller 3.

Bid History: Details








Bidding Details




Bidder Information
Bidder: t***i( 480Feedback score is 100 to 499)
Feedback: 100%Positive
Item description:
Item Title:
1963 Topps Set Break #120 Roger Maris PSA 7 NM
Bids on this item: 5

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 239
Items bid on: 105
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 56% Help
Bid retractions: 49
Bid retractions (6 months): 381













30-Day Bid History




Category

No. of Bids

SellerHelp

Last BidHelp


Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 1 Seller 1 5d 6h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 2 Seller 2 5d 7h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 1 Seller 3 3d 15h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 1 Seller 4 23h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 2 Seller 5 21h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 3 Seller 3 6d 9h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 1 Seller 6 4d 11h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 1 Seller 7 13h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 2 Seller 8 1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 1 Seller 9 1d 3h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 1 Seller 9 1d 13h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 3 Seller 9 1d 13h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 1 Seller 10 6d 21h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 5 Seller 3 9d 8h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 1 Seller 3 9d 16h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Football Cards 1 Seller 11 8d 15h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 3 Seller 3 <1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 4 Seller 3 <1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 4 Seller 3 <1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 3 Seller 3 <1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 2 Seller 3 1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 4 Seller 3 <1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 2 Seller 3 3h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 2 Seller 3 3h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 2 Seller 3 2h

Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 2 Seller 3 <1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 1 Seller 12 15h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 3 Seller 12 15h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 2 Seller 13 8d 15h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 8 Seller 3 <1h
__________________
Buy high, sell low.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-12-2018 at 09:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-12-2018, 10:12 PM
j05h.wu1k4n j05h.wu1k4n is offline
member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 19
Default Bidder Blocked

Peter,
Quite frankly, I have no idea how this bidder placed bids again. He is clearly on our blocked bidder list and was put there the day that you put this thread out, so I don't know what is going on. I will send Leon our entire blocked bidder list if that would give you some solace, and he can confirm to you that this bidder was and is on our blocked list. I'm not sure what else you would like for me to do. Oh, and for the record, this bidder has won items from us in the past and paid for them on time, but yet we still added him to our blocked bidder list when you posted the thread - the fact that he was still able to bid is something we will have to contact our eBay representative about; which I will do tomorrow.

Josh
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-13-2018, 09:11 AM
frankbmd's Avatar
frankbmd frankbmd is offline
Fr@nk Burke++
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Between the 1st tee and the 19th hole
Posts: 4,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Sorry if I am reading this wrong but it looks to me like this bidder has continued to bid with the same seller despite being blocked? The first highlighted bid was his bid on June 3 on the 63 Maris PSA 7. A card on which he bid 5 times, as you can see in two places. That was with Seller 3, and he has placed many bids within the past few hours with the same Seller 3.

Bid History: Details








Bidding Details




Bidder Information
Bidder: t***i( 480Feedback score is 100 to 499)
Feedback: 100%Positive
Item description:
Item Title:
1963 Topps Set Break #120 Roger Maris PSA 7 NM
Bids on this item: 5

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 239
Items bid on: 105
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 56% Help
Bid retractions: 49
Bid retractions (6 months): 381













30-Day Bid History




Category

No. of Bids

SellerHelp

Last BidHelp


Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 1 Seller 1 5d 6h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 2 Seller 2 5d 7h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 1 Seller 3 3d 15h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 1 Seller 4 23h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 2 Seller 5 21h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 3 Seller 3 6d 9h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 1 Seller 6 4d 11h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 1 Seller 7 13h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 2 Seller 8 1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 1 Seller 9 1d 3h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 1 Seller 9 1d 13h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 3 Seller 9 1d 13h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 1 Seller 10 6d 21h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 5 Seller 3 9d 8h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 1 Seller 3 9d 16h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Football Cards 1 Seller 11 8d 15h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 3 Seller 3 <1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 4 Seller 3 <1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 4 Seller 3 <1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 3 Seller 3 <1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 2 Seller 3 1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 4 Seller 3 <1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 2 Seller 3 3h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 2 Seller 3 3h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 2 Seller 3 2h

Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 2 Seller 3 <1h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 1 Seller 12 15h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 3 Seller 12 15h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 2 Seller 13 8d 15h
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Baseball Cards 8 Seller 3 <1h

The title of this thread should be updated to 381 Retractions.
__________________
FRANK:BUR:KETT - ALMOST OLD ENOUGH TO BE ON A PREWAR CARD.

519/1000 Monster Number --- WHAT'S YOUR MONSTER NUMBER?

Over*688* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-18.
Over 493 sales with satisfied Board members served.
Thank you all.


All my cards are centered, some are just cut incorrectly.

Only 37.10% crazy based on recent polling data, but still a weird dude.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-13-2018, 12:22 PM
j05h.wu1k4n j05h.wu1k4n is offline
member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 19
Default Bidder Blocked

Update:

So, to the best of our knowledge, here's what happened. When we found out about the serial retractor, we copied and pasted his userid into our blocked bidder list. At that point, we assumed it was done and he would no longer be allowed to bid, but then when Peter posted that he was still bidding, we went back to confirm his userid was on our list, and it was, however there must have been a space before or after the user id and it didn't take. We have deleted it and re-added him to our list, hopefully properly this time

We also spoke to eBay about posting his user id on the public forum and weren't given a clear answer about whether it was ok or not; so, I will provide the userid to anyone who wants it, via a PM to me and we ask that you do not post it publicly, but, we have nothing to hide and want everyone to understand that we do not condone bid retractions.

I hope this helps.
Josh
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PWCC and Bid Retractions dariushou Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) 42 05-01-2017 03:34 PM
Bid Retractions Edwolf1963 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 41 03-15-2017 01:23 PM
OT 599 retractions Peter_Spaeth Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 18 03-06-2016 05:28 PM
Are 128 bid retractions a lot? frankbmd Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 27 05-21-2014 04:39 PM
136 Bid Retractions in 6 mos?! Edwolf1963 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 9 04-05-2014 09:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.


ebay GSB