NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: J Levine

Fred is right!!

Like nearly every card in my prewar collection, this thread is pointless!

Joshua

Old 02-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

I want to be #400.....

edited to say I WANTED... oops.... one post too short... 401...

It's pointless...

Old 02-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Sorry Fred, beat ya to it!

Old 02-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

I should have set up my "snipe" poster...

Old 02-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

A good idea, snipe poster except it is in reverse...everytime someone posts on a topic that you think is pointless (i.e. PSA 9 cards), your snipe poster will immediately post an inane and useless response! Love it!

Joshua

Old 02-02-2007, 03:41 AM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Rich Klein

But I agree with the poster who mentioned (geez it seems like centuries ago) that at the end of the month -- we can have ONE free for all thread -- with the following caveat (No political or moral issue animus -- and keep families out of it as well). Music; dinner places in New York; Barry Bonds; etc. are all good choices for topics -- there are many more

Jim; this is not picking on you - and I never read that part of Collectors Universe -- but for the longest time did not they have a free for all type of board. Yes, one entered at his or her own risk.

And as many of you realize, on a pesonal level; about 95% of the time I make serious posts -- and I work with cards for a living -- but a little levity goes a long way in this business in terms of making friends.

Regards
Rich

Old 02-02-2007, 04:09 AM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: barrysloate

I woke up to see we coasted past 400 posts, but Fred cheated a little- like pushing the odometer back a bit before selling a used car.

I think we covered everything, and then some, but just one final thought:

Jim- in no way am I on the anti-Jim band wagon. But at our meeting you admitted to me you are a divisive force on the board. I agree it is irrelevant whether we are political opposites. What is important is that you are dividing this board in half. And I don't see how you are going to move forward with an organization when half the people just won't want any part of it. If I were thinking of forming any kind of group I would do my best to get as many people on my side as possible.

Old 02-02-2007, 04:10 AM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: JimCrandell

Lee,

See what happens when you Jay and Scott leave--out of the several hundred posts on the new board I do not recall one that was not about cards.

Jim

Old 02-02-2007, 04:45 AM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Barry,

A sizable chunk of posters here do not care about whether cards are altered or not or a collectors group.

Just don't think Net54 is the vehicle for constructive change--rather I would say those that are interested (if any)can have private discussions about it. While I have led the effort to date(with a big assist from you), I don't have to lead it in the future if I am perceived as too divisive.

Anyway, I agree--who cares about politics when it comes to collecting--I like you the same whether you are liberal or conservative.

Jim

Old 02-02-2007, 04:49 AM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Thanks Jim- and maybe in the end, if an official organization becomes impossible to form, we should all just do what we can to protect ourselves and the hobby in general. I think we are all on the same page when it comes to maintaining the integrity of the cards and memorabilia in the marketplace.

Old 02-02-2007, 04:50 AM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: Chad

I can see I'm going to get no work done again today! I love you guys!

--Chad

Old 02-02-2007, 04:52 AM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Barry,

Maybe you and I can have a phone conversation tomorrow--I will look at my e-mails--and figure out where we go from here.

Jim

Old 02-02-2007, 04:52 AM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Posted By: leon

I don't think the board is doing any better or worse than it has previously. Lets get back to our normally scheduled programming. One small comment. Why is it always the ones that whine about this kind of thread that rarely post otherwise? If you fit in that category maybe you should be part of the solution ie...good card information...and not the problem ..best regards

Old 02-02-2007, 04:53 AM
Administrator

Default Hijacked Threads

Chad- work is for suckers! Tell your boss I said that!