NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-12-2016, 10:42 AM
Banned

Default Finally got my holy grail

This photo is what really got me interested in photo collecting. Ive ALWAYS wanted this photo but always seemed to miss out on the opportunity. Well had to give up some nice stuff but extremely happy that I did. Had a painting of this done a year ago also (see below)

Old 07-12-2016, 11:53 AM

Awesome photo! Congrats.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:55 AM
Mikeknapp

Congratulations Joey

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)
Old 07-12-2016, 06:03 PM
M@rk Comer

Default Photo

Great looking photo; congrats!
Old 07-12-2016, 07:41 PM

Congrats! What a great image.

I didn't know what my holy grail even was until you posted it a few weeks ago.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
Congrats! What a great image.

I didn't know what my holy grail even was until you posted it a few weeks ago.
Thanks bro...which one
Old 07-12-2016, 07:48 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Iconic shot. Apparently Gehrig was absolutely bullsh*t at Ruth for coming forward with an unexpected big dramatic hug. By that point Gehrig was done with Ruth and they had barely spoken for years. Reportedly Gehrig looked at it like one more self-engrandizing move by Ruth to hog the spot light and try to come off as a great guy. Of course none of this comes through in the picture.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Iconic shot. Apparently Gehrig was absolutely bullsh*t at Ruth for coming forward with an unexpected big dramatic hug. By that point Gehrig was done with Ruth and they had barely spoken for years. Reportedly Gehrig looked at it like one more self-engrandizing move by Ruth to hog the spot light and try to come off as a great guy. Of course none of this comes through in the picture.
Wow really? I was always under the impression they remained good friends but that makes sense. Curious where you heard that...always love learning new things about ruth and gehrig
Old 07-12-2016, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyFarino View Post
Thanks bro...which one
Jackie and Clyde Sukeforth opening day 1947. A beauty!

What was the occasion for the grail photo? Lou's last game?
Old 07-12-2016, 11:28 PM

I think it comes through. I saw it and said Lou doesn't look happy. A very polite smile.
Quote:
Old 07-13-2016, 04:28 AM
Dennis Winters

Default In great condition

Congrats. I have always loved this pic...got mine in 1989 or 1990 when I was 15 years old. Paid $200. Guy who sold it to me immediately regretted it.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
Jackie and Clyde Sukeforth opening day 1947. A beauty!

What was the occasion for the grail photo? Lou's last game?
Just for you

Old 07-13-2016, 05:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwinters View Post
Congrats. I have always loved this pic...got mine in 1989 or 1990 when I was 15 years old. Paid $200. Guy who sold it to me immediately regretted it.
Wow talk about a great deal...do you still have it? Would love to see a pic of it
Old 07-13-2016, 05:46 AM
Paul Herbener

Awesome picture Joey!! Congrats!!
Old 07-13-2016, 05:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pherbener View Post
Awesome picture Joey!! Congrats!!
Thanks alot paul
Old 07-16-2016, 08:27 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
This photo is what really got me interested in photo collecting. Ive ALWAYS wanted this photo but always seemed to miss out on the opportunity. Well had to give up some nice stuff but extremely happy that I did. Had a painting of this done a year ago also (see below)

Nice! So you're not selling this one right?!?

edit: nevermind.. sold 3 days later.. lol. wow.

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 07-18-2016 at 01:27 PM. Reason: congrats??!?
Old 07-19-2016, 06:37 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:

What a piece of work. And here I was thinking, with it being your Holy Grail piece, surely the image would stay up for at least a week. I really get tired of seeing all of the Photobucket ads in your posts after you delete all of the images out. Not to mention that the threads are confusing or useless for anyone to refer back to later. I could maybe understand if this site didn't have a built-in way to upload images so that you needed to clear space on your Photobucket account now and then. Net54 does allow image uploads though, which makes the continual deletion of images look more you're covering your tracks. Maybe that's not the case, but it's still darn annoying.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 07-19-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Because none of it is true.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:00 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
Because none of it is true.
Agreed David.

Also, Joey is "at it again" Lance.

He came to me with a trade. Texting me constantly.. After I said I would think about it. I then accepted and "crickets". I had one of the photos in the works with another trade. Here I found out he sold one of the items after I accepted HIS trade.
He came to me with another story..
Remember his "my house got broken into" story?

This one:
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=187925

It appears he is over extending himself again and not following through with his deals which negatively affects others.
He really needs to Just stop. Also, those that bail him out and then sell to him then bail him(buy back for less 1 day later-example)and sell to him need to stop anabling him. I know it's no ones responsibility to do so but man.. It's not good.
He clearly uses this place as a bst(not suppose to).. To show his stuff and then sells. I don't feel bad for him anymore. There needs to be a limit to the amount of strikes one gets.

Last edited by Forever Young; 07-19-2016 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:50 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Just for you

It's nice to see this one still kept.. It is for sale btw.. He needs to apparently raise money because his job MIGHT be outsourced. Perhaps we should start a gofund me?

Old 07-24-2016, 08:44 PM
Banned

Im only responding to clear the record since Ben likes to leave part of the story out

I came to you with a trade which was 3 photos and $300 for one of your "blue chip" ruth photos. You said you couldnt do that and that you needed $500. I told you id think about it. When i went to work we had a boeing employee meeting discussing the high possibility of lay-offs (which is in the news and been on tv). That same day you miraculously decided you would trade me the 3 photos straight across for the ruth. I didnt respond because I was deciding what to do. The next day you got all emotional and went on a rant because i sold one of the photos. I told you i did and that i was selling others so i can be prepared in case lay offs do come. You changed the deal twice which i only committed with my first offer that you countered on. I told you id think about it. My decision to sell one of the photos came as a last minute decision. And your harassing text messages and constantly going through my photo bucket is just plain weird

Btw i can sell any of my photos i want to...you know why...because there mine. I dont give u sh*t for marking your photos up 500% on ebay which sit and sit and sit. How many of your photos have you posted on here that you later sold benny?

Its funny because that day we talked on the phone you were texting me for almost an hour showing me all your collection and trying to be bff's. Lol...come on man. Get over yourself

Last edited by JoeyFarino; 07-24-2016 at 08:54 PM. Reason: More info
Old 07-24-2016, 08:56 PM
Banned

And what was that stuff you were saying when we talked that youre not friends with majority of the people on here because they either want something from you, jealous or want free advice. Youve told me that several times if im not mistaken.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:56 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Im only responding to clear the record since Ben likes to leave part of the story out

I came to you with a trade which was 3 photos and $300 for one of your "blue chip" ruth photos. You said you couldnt do that and that you needed $500. I told you id think about it. When i went to work we had a boeing employee meeting discussing the high possibility of lay-offs (which is in the news and been on tv). That same day you miraculously decided you would trade me the 3 photos straight across for the ruth. I didnt respond because I was deciding what to do. The next day you got all emotional and went on a rant because i sold one of the photos. I told you i did and that i was selling others so i can be prepared in case lay offs do come. You changed the deal twice which i only committed with my first offer that you countered on. I told you id think about it. My decision to sell one of the photos came as a last minute decision. And your harassing text messages and constantly going through my photo bucket is just plain weird

Btw i can sell any of my photos i want to...you know why...because there mine. I dont give u sh*t for marking your photos up 500% on ebay which sit and sit and sit. How many of your photos have you posted on here that you later sold benny?
No. I told you I would do YOUR trade. I then offered to even let you throw in a lower end photo that you have been peddling for the 300 just so you wouldn't have an out. See.. I knew you would come up with a bill sh*t story.
Don't try to to blow smoke around the truth. I think everyone is quite aware now of your antics. Holding someone accountable for a deal and following up is not harassing.

What's plain weird is harassing me on my eBay photos from countless eBay ids. What's weird is making up relatives deaths and pregnancies to get out of deals. What's weird is making up a police report to get out of deals. What's weird is winning 50 eBay listings with the money to maybe pay for 1 if you sell other stuff for a loss(maybe an extreme example but everyone gets my point). What's weird is telling me that you are going to lose your job and need the money for your family yet try and change the deal(take one of the photos out and ask me how much more it will cost). What's weird is that you try and compare your selling to me or anyone else. The list of weirds go on and on.
I would rather mark my photos up 500 percent and care less if they sell than take a loss on every photo I own and make up about every ridiculous story in the book to feed a habit.
You came to be for my "blue chip" photo. Not the other way around.

Last edited by Forever Young; 07-25-2016 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:59 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
And what was that stuff you were saying when we talked that youre not friends with majority of the people on here because they either want something from you, jealous or want free advice. Youve told me that several times if im not mistaken.
Nope... I told you that people that "pm'd you about me after you went off on a swear rant" were probably like that. I didn't know who they were or even if it happened but anyone who would side with you on anything clearly has issues.
There you go, completely spinning the truth again.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:01 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Bffs? Do you mean showing you stuff after you ask me if I have picked up anything lately or advice on something? I was simply trying to help you Joey. It is clear some people are not capable of being helped.

I had to block your number for god's sake..just like others have.

Last edited by Forever Young; 07-24-2016 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:22 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Joey, FYI, Ben (hey Ben) is an EXTREMELY knowledgeable member here and has helped MANY (including me), we've texted, spoke, etc. and have never harassed each other. IF you're civil, you'll get the same in return from most of us here (including Ben), I assure you.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Ya know something Joey? You're a complete asshole. And that's why most people here are not friends with you.

How many times has your complete lack of a moral compass gotten you in trouble here? And how many times have you attacked those who've caught you lying and/or cheating?

You were banned once. Do us all a favor and ask Leon to ban you again. Or just leave.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
Bffs? Do you mean showing you stuff after you ask me if I have picked up anything lately or advice on something? I was simply trying to help you Joey. It is clear some people are not capable of being helped.

I had to block your number for god's sake..just like others have.

Lol....yaaaaaa right. Almost 5 mins after we got off the phone you text me saying you were glad we got all that stuff passed us and then you started sending me scans of almost all your ruths and some gehrigs. Come on man. Are u just not trying to look bad in front of your "friends" .

I wish i wouldve recorded our conversation. You clearly stated how the majority of photo collectors youre not friends with because theyre either jealous , want something from you or always want free advice. Dont backtrack now

Last edited by JoeyFarino; 07-24-2016 at 09:27 PM. Reason: More info
Old 07-24-2016, 09:33 PM
Banned

The problem with you ben is you think youre superior because every photo you have is high end. I remember awhile ago when you told me i was wasting my money on "loser" photos because they werent up to your high end standards apparently. Photo collecting isnt just about 5k+ photos. Its whatever photo makes you happy and something you enjoy. Youre so obsessed about my collection and what i buy and sell. Thats weird dude. Now take a midol and get off your period bruh

Last edited by JoeyFarino; 07-24-2016 at 09:34 PM. Reason: More info
Old 07-24-2016, 09:48 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Lol....yaaaaaa right. Almost 5 mins after we got off the phone you text me saying you were glad we got all that stuff passed us and then you started sending me scans of almost all your ruths and some gehrigs. Come on man. Are u just not trying to look bad in front of your "friends" .

I wish i wouldve recorded our conversation. You clearly stated how the majority of photo collectors youre not friends with because theyre either jealous , want something from you or always want free advice. Dont backtrack now

This is absurd. You just make up stories.. Turn words around and try and ruin the character of those calling you out for your horses#it.
loser" photos? Seriously!?!? I would never ever say that but now we know how you think. just make up scenarios /stories whenever you want.. Why not?

What I will say is: you're jealous, you want something from everyone and always looking for free advice.

If we all get to wish. I wish we had a copy of that police report.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:48 PM
Banned

Im done with you benny! I didnt record our 20 min conversation so i obviously cant post it but we both know what was said. You wanna save face and deny it thats cool. I dont blame you. Especially on a forum full of your "friends". Thats a joke
Old 07-24-2016, 09:56 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Im done with you benny! I didnt record our 20 min conversation so i obviously cant post it but we both know what was said. You wanna save face and deny it thats cool. I dont blame you. Especially on a forum full of your "friends". Thats a joke
You are a piece of work Joey. Yes, Please leave. Forever. Thank you

Old 07-26-2016, 02:17 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

I love these threads lol They are so fun to read. I'm slowly making new friends on here which is awesome as I can share my passion with others. My 2 cents on this whole thing is some people should just try to ignore others. Don't get so worked up if at all possible. I'm sure there is underlying history here as I'm a newbee, however, from everything I have been reading maybe if people choose to not deal with certain people it would make everyone's life easier. Liek I said just my 2 cents. Some of these photos are legit looking!