NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Pup6913

Default Getting sued for helping out

Kyletexas you sent me this in a PM:

Money talks and BS walks.. and if something of mine is for sale it is still seriously for sale on a first come first serve basis to those ready and willing to buy it.... that is my way even if it is not yours. My cards are the ones being sold in this situation. You have no say so in who I sell them to and were Never authorized by me to do so.

.I never ask you to be my agent or representative... You offered to contact some people you knew..I assumed just because you wanted to be helpful..If you were working on some kind of finders fee it was through your buyers and not through me.

I just sent your "Threaten to spread news about me" email to my attorney. Along with copies of all our emails and PMs.
If you are serious about making false accusations about me to others as you have threatened I will be suing you for liable and you will get to come all the way to Texas to defend yourself or face judgement by default.

I have a brother and cousin who are attorneys.. My legal financial warchest..therefore.. is pretty much unlimited without me spending a cent.

I just wanted to make sure you have the right address to send the suit to.

Andrew Woodfin

This is what you get when you help people out without a signed contract. What are you so worried about Kyle? Why would me telling my group of friends what happened be grounds for a lawsuit? Why are you willing to get a lawyer(s) to shut me up? I'm not the one that changed my mind every few hrs and was calling and emailing to tell me this and that and the new changes you wanted and so on. Thats an awful lot of work for someone that says we had no agreement to sell those cards right? Im just saying. I have nothing to lose or gain from this man. I stare death in the face everyday and life is to short to deal with people like you. So if you want to sue me for some BS you created then you have my phone number and address. Best wishes to you and the sale of your collection.

BTW you can ask anyone on the board that I have gotten cards for at the nationals or where ever I have gotten them from, that never once have I asked for payment. They have always done me right for my help. Wether it was a beer or 2 at a bar or a surprise card in the mail a few months later as a thank you.

Last edited by Leon; 06-13-2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: took out address per request of OP
Old 06-12-2012, 08:37 AM
K1rk K3ith

Default Kyle

I hope his brother and cousin own a Holiday Inn Express.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:57 AM
pete ullman

Eek gads?!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:06 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Andrew can I sue you as well, or should I wait a few weeks until Kyle's suit clears.

Welcome to the club you're just not doing the chat boards right until somebody tosses the words council and suit your way.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=152380

Cheers,

John

Last edited by wonkaticket; 06-12-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Andrew can I sue you as well, or should I wait a few weeks until Kyle's suit clears.

Welcome to the club you're just not doing the chat boards right until somebody tosses the words council and suit your way.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=152380

Cheers,

John
Well hot damn. Didn't even see that Thread. Well if there is anything left when he's done I will contact you.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:16 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Keep me posted, can you cover the shipping on the documents it's looking like $3-4 in shipping?
Old 06-12-2012, 09:17 AM
Brian Macdonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
Kyletexas you sent me this in a PM:

I will be suing you for liable and you will get to come all the way to Texas to defend yourself or face judgement by default.
Is this similar to "libel"?
Old 06-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Mark Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrone View Post
Is this similar to "libel"?
He'll be liable for libel. Haha!!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Keep me posted, can you cover the shipping on the documents it's looking like $3-4 in shipping?
That's it!! I am suing Net54baseball. Where do I send the documents? Oh wait, never mind...

Last edited by Leon; 06-12-2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: took out mention of another board
Old 06-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Barry Sloate

May I make a suggestion: how about both of you agree this was a very unfortunate situation, and then move on. No lawsuit, no more contact, just bring it to an end. It's not worth it. Sometimes bad stuff happens to all of us. Life goes on.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:22 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Legal war chest....giggle....
Old 06-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Matt Hall

Agreed. See Exhibitmans's tag line.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Pup6913

Quote:
Well John I would need to have those documents sent registered mail so it might be a bit more but I am sure if I don't eat dinner one night I can handle the postal charges for you. You will be covering the expenses to process the paperwork right?
Old 06-12-2012, 10:16 AM
And.rew Whi.te

I have met a few people on this board in person and have even shaken the mighty Leon's hand a time or two at a few Nationals but I just want to say I am suing everyone for no other reason because my kid is a lawyer and he needs some work as things have been a bit slow for him.

Seriously, when did this hobby I have enjoyed for 40 years of my life turn into a freaking soap opera with a few true crime stories thrown into the mix. It seems nearly every message board I am a member of has a few members who like to mix it up and stir the pot with other members. Isnt fighting with your wife and kids enough that you have to come here and fight too?

I dont post here much but I visit these boards several times a day to see things I can never afford and learn about items that I hope someday to walk in and find in an antigue store that you guys have yet to hit. Cant we just leave the arguments and threats with our family and come here to escape and talk about a hobby that should keep us all occupied when we want to forget about life for awhile?

As for my lawsuits......you all will be served very soon. Just dont answer the door when someone knocks REAL hard on it!
Old 06-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehse View Post
I have met a few people on this board in person and have even shaken the mighty Leon's hand a time or two at a few Nationals but I just want to say I am suing everyone for no other reason because my kid is a lawyer and he needs some work as things have been a bit slow for him.

Seriously, when did this hobby I have enjoyed for 40 years of my life turn into a freaking soap opera with a few true crime stories thrown into the mix. It seems nearly every message board I am a member of has a few members who like to mix it up and stir the pot with other members. Isnt fighting with your wife and kids enough that you have to come here and fight too?

I dont post here much but I visit these boards several times a day to see things I can never afford and learn about items that I hope someday to walk in and find in an antigue store that you guys have yet to hit. Cant we just leave the arguments and threats with our family and come here to escape and talk about a hobby that should keep us all occupied when we want to forget about life for awhile?

As for my lawsuits......you all will be served very soon. Just dont answer the door when someone knocks REAL hard on it!
+1
Old 06-12-2012, 01:21 PM

This is the problem anymore you sneeze and you can or will sue another person for damages. This s*%t needs to stop i come on this board to learn new things about a hobby that i and many others enjoy so grow up we are all adults here.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by esd10 View Post
This is the problem anymore you sneeze and you can or will sue another person for damages. This s*%t needs to stop i come on this board to learn new things about a hobby that i and many others enjoy so grow up we are all adults here.
+1 again I thought Baseball cards were supposed to be fun, innocent, and fascinating. What happened??
Old 06-12-2012, 01:27 PM
John Startleman

There should be a monetary penalty for bringing a frivolous case into a court and muddying up the system. That would stop a lot of it REAL quick.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardtheory View Post
There should be a monetary penalty for bringing a frivolous case into a court and muddying up the system. That would stop a lot of it REAL quick.
Agreed.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:41 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardtheory View Post
+1!
Old 06-12-2012, 01:42 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
May I make a suggestion: how about both of you agree this was a very unfortunate situation, and then move on. No lawsuit, no more contact, just bring it to an end. It's not worth it. Sometimes bad stuff happens to all of us. Life goes on.

That would just be too simple though...
Old 06-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

This is a very tough call. Just don't know whose side to take. The guy who has been here five minutes, whines about $4.00 shipping, brags about a 48 feedback rating in 7 years on ebay and threatens to sue at the drop of a hat or the guy whose posts I have been reading for 3 years or so and seems to be a knowledgeable straight-shooter. Hmmmm.....but I do love a good lawsuit.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Cameron Crafton

Dang people will sue for just about anything...kind of reminds of when a woman sued McDonald's because her coffee was too hot a few years ago haha.
Good luck with your "lawsuit".

Last edited by UOFLfan7; 06-12-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by UOFLfan7 View Post
Dang people will sure for just about anything...kind of reminds of when a woman sued McDonald's because here coffee was too hot a few years ago haha.
Good luck with your "lawsuit".
Not for nothing, but the coffee lawsuit had some merit and it's not just my opinion..it is the opinion of many legal scholars. What gets reported in the press and the truth aren't always the same.

The facts: http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm
Old 06-12-2012, 05:02 PM
BRIAN C0ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Not for nothing, but the coffee lawsuit had some merit and it's not just my opinion..it is the opinion of many legal scholars. What gets reported in the press and the truth aren't always the same.

The damning evidence against McDonalds was they actually did a business case analysis and decided that the money they would save by keeping the coffee hotter and therefore fresher longer would offset any legal losses they would incur because the coffee was too hot to drink. That didn't make the jury very happy.

And if anyone questions my inside information I will immediately sue Archive for liable and slather.

Last edited by BleedinBlue; 06-12-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Cameron Crafton

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post

True...I gues McDonald's was kind of at fault for not putting labels on thier coffee.
On another note, man did I make a ton of typos haha. Dang is it hard to type on a iPhone.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:34 PM

I'm not taking sides in the case, but know that McDonald had been specifically warned multiple times beforehand by health officials that their coffee was too hot and could cause injury to customers. From personal experience, I remember back in college that McDonald's had by far the hottest coffee in the biz. It always seemed like it was three degree below boiling.

Last edited by drc; 06-12-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:47 PM

The cajones award goes to Andrew for publishing his name and address. I'm too paranoid to even use my real name. I feel like I should send him a gift or something.
Looks around the room for some sort of token......
Old 06-12-2012, 06:58 PM
J.O.N

I'm suing this thread for making my head hurt.

My PM box might be full.

Email:
jcfowler6@zoominternet.net

Want list:
Prewar Pirates items
1909 Pirates
BF2 Wagner
Cracker Jack Wagner and Clarke

Love the hobby.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:03 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcfowler6 View Post
I'm suing this thread for making my head hurt.
Add me to that list, make it a class action suit!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Bob Pomilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrain View Post
This is a very tough call. Just don't know whose side to take. The guy who has been here five minutes, whines about $4.00 shipping, brags about a 48 feedback rating in 7 years on ebay and threatens to sue at the drop of a hat or the guy whose posts I have been reading for 3 years or so and seems to be a knowledgeable straight-shooter. Hmmmm.....but I do love a good lawsuit.
+1
Old 06-12-2012, 08:36 PM

Default reading this saddens me....

as a libra i hope this all works out.....
Old 06-13-2012, 08:09 AM

the mcdonalds law suit was stupid coffee is suppose to be HOT.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:23 AM
Sean BH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
I just wanted to make sure you have the right address to send the suit to.

Andrew Woodfin
424 Minnesota St
Cannon Falls MN 55009
I used to live off Water and Vine in CF!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:23 AM
Doug Doremus

Default coffee is suppose to be HOT.

Yeah, but that stuff burned ones lips and palate. It was dangerous, especially if driving. I cursed it the few times I sipped it, and I learned to be very careful.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:29 AM
BRIAN C0ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by esd10 View Post
the mcdonalds law suit was stupid coffee is suppose to be HOT.
Not to derail this thread, but what temperature to you consider "hot". 180-190F that McDonalds used to serve their coffee? Or the 150F that they and every other restaurant serves it at now. They settled over 700 cases over 10 years because the coffee was too hot and they had money in their budget to cover the anticipated lawsuits. They knew they were endangering people and were OK with it. THAT is why they got punitive damages. Spilling coffee shouldn't put you in the hospital for 8 days.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default not taking sides

I don't really want to take sides on this whole mess but Kyle and I spoke on the phone for quite a while yesterday. I let him know my thoughts on this whole scenario and told him repeatedly just to let it go. Locking threads is a last resort but I see no need to have 2 threads discussing the same stupid issue. Trust me too folks, everything that is being said about the idiocy of threatening a lawsuit, I conveyed over and over to Kyle yesterday. I must have told him to just drop the whole thing approximately 10x. I even told him that if I were him I would take the high road out of this whole fiasco and that in my experience the high road is always the best road. I think that conversation fell on deaf ears. So, this horrid discussion can continue (for now at least) in the other thread.