NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
LOL Jim be careful hate to see you get sued over any comments you make regarding T206's. New board lots of legal action going on
Net54baseball vs Wonkaticket .....I can seen it now
Old 06-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Michael R.

I have enjoyed reading this thread and so many of the reasons are spot on! For me the original reason was that my 10-year old son had a book report about Jim Thorpe. Now I know that Jim is not in the T206 collection but Fred Snodgrass is. Fred was a good friend of Thorpe's so I went on line and purchased a T206 Snodgrass as a surprise for him.

Well the collecting bug took over and now we are well on our way to completing it (well, at least to try for 520). We even have a wall display of all the graded cards in order (takes up the entire wall too...) and we have The T206 Collection book as a ready guide...

I know this is my first post as I just joined last week, so let me also thank everyone on this board for your perspective and your obvious excitement that ALL of you feel for this collection. Even though all the players are long gone to only memories, the "Monster" LIVES because of the fever and fervor of all of you.

Hope to post many more!

Michael
Old 06-12-2012, 09:14 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

I've put all my complaints under advisement to the mod....
Old 06-12-2012, 09:15 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
I've put all my complaints under advisement to the mod....
ok.. Now you are covered. The Net54baseball administration is duly advised.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
Wow - nice card indeed.

I'm in it for the history of the game. The deadball era I find very interesting in not only baseball history, but American history.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:10 AM
nels0n aud.et

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffettFan View Post
I have enjoyed reading this thread and so many of the reasons are spot on! For me the original reason was that my 10-year old son had a book report about Jim Thorpe. Now I know that Jim is not in the T206 collection but Fred Snodgrass is. Fred was a good friend of Thorpe's so I went on line and purchased a T206 Snodgrass as a surprise for him.

Well the collecting bug took over and now we are well on our way to completing it (well, at least to try for 520). We even have a wall display of all the graded cards in order (takes up the entire wall too...) and we have The T206 Collection book as a ready guide...

I know this is my first post as I just joined last week, so let me also thank everyone on this board for your perspective and your obvious excitement that ALL of you feel for this collection. Even though all the players are long gone to only memories, the "Monster" LIVES because of the fever and fervor of all of you.

Hope to post many more!

Michael
Welcome ! and when you have time show pic of your wall
Old 06-12-2012, 10:15 AM

A t206 was the first really old card I ever held when I was a kid collecting mass produced stuff in the 80's and they just grabbed me. I went near twenty years without collecting at all and when I came back a couple of years ago, I wanted to start with the t206, they are beautiful.

So, I started a collection that I imagined when i was 10 years old, but could never realistically complete, my Indiana T206 collection. It became a 24 card checklist of all the players from Indiana. As I neared completion of that goal i realized that I wanted to continue collecting. I am only 3 cards away from finishing my Indiana T206 collection, but my checklist has grown to include all "T" cards of Indiana players, the checklist is currently at 70 and I have added a couple of t207s and a t201 already...

So, I collect them because i love them, but T206 has also lead me to so many other areas. T206 is affordable, beautiful and fun and varied. Many of you have moved on from T206 and find other issues more attractive and exciting, but T206 is the gateway drug of pre-war collecting...

Cheers,

Jim