NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 08-01-2016, 06:41 PM
Greg

Default Louisvile Slugger question

I just purchased this bat off ebay, being a big Dodger fan and all and I'm totally stumped by Ohio Wesleyan being under Willie Davis's name instead of Louisville slugger?http://www.ebay.com/itm/371676931826...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

After over a hour of Google search I've come up with nothing. I'm assuming Ohio Wesleyan is the college? The lettering looks wonky like maybe it's not factory printed. I'd be very grateful if some one knew what was going on with this bat.

Thanks

Last edited by Wihawk; 08-01-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:13 PM
Alan Elefson

Hi-
This is what is known as a college bat. From what I understand they are very similar to models given to players, but are instead provided to the colleges. From what I understand, they add a little bit of value to a normal store model bat but do not bring anywhere near what a game issued or used bat would sell for. If you collect Willie Davis and have ties to the college, the price paid with shipping is probably worth it. Otherwise, it is a bat that I think is valued at about 25.00 at most. Please note that I am not an expert so hopefully smarter folks will chime in with better information.

Alan
Old 08-01-2016, 08:36 PM
Greg

Thanks Alan for the reply. I don't mind overpaying a bit for something that interests me. I loved watching Willie Davis play on Saturday Game of the week when I was a kid. Being a college bat makes it a bit unusual for me, so I'm quite happy with it.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:34 AM
Dave Grob

Default College Bats

Some of these college bats actually had the school name branded between the center brand and the signature stamping. I know of at least one Duke Snider bat that had the college named filled with wood putty, and the bat was lightly sanded and refinished, and the bat sold as a Duke Snider game used bat. The work was pretty well done and I suspect that there are others out there as well that have been made into "gamers."

Dave Grob