NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-26-2016, 05:56 PM

Default Ichiro #3000 - in town for history!

I flew Into Miami today for business and didn't realize Ichiro is only 4 hits away from #3000!! Marlins on a homestand through the weekend - looks like I'll be at the ballpark everyday this week!

Anyone in town for this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (68.6 KB, 188 views)

Minneapolis Millers & St. Paul Saints Game Used Bats, Uniforms & Memorabilia

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...apolis+millers

Uniforms of the American Association of Baseball (1902-1962)

https://net54baseball.com/showthread...58#post2008658
Old 07-26-2016, 06:38 PM
Rob

Say "hi" to that %€!?"#@$& Marlins Man. My wife says he just loves baseball but I think he's an attention whore......and always, always on his phone.

Have fun! I'm pretty sure Ichiro will get it done.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:21 PM
ThreadKiller

Default sorry, Rob...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Say "hi" to that %€!?"#@$& Marlins Man. My wife says he just loves baseball but I think he's an attention whore......and always, always on his phone.
NO offense intended, but..."attention whore"???

granted, MANY of his hits are infield singles, but - dude can HIT (and RUN and FIELD - especially back in the day)...love me some Ichiro - not quite hanging on for "attention whoring" reasons, and still productive, albeit in a limited role - would YOU *possibly* feel the same way if he was an MLB Giant for his career??? WTF is wrong with being 40+ years old and still able to leg out an infield single??? eventual 3000+ hits and 500+ stolen bases + many Gold Gloves = a highly talented MLB player!

again, no offense - we're all entitled to our opinions, but - "attention whore"???

P.S. - this just in: 3 hits to go - a LINE DRIVE (not an infield single - for #2997...FOLLOWED by career stolen base #507 - now 9-11 in 2016)...not bad for a 42+ year old "attention whore" !!! just sayin'.

P.S. - love your passion for Giants items / pennants and all of the collecting contributions you've made to Net54 - you've got some great stuff!

Last edited by FourStrikes; 07-26-2016 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:31 PM
Clint

I think he's talking about the guy that wears the jersey behind home plate. He was at World Series last year.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:36 PM
De.rek Gre.nce

Never knew who Marlin Man was until now, and the funny thing is I remember watching the NBA finals and thinking "who's that guy who keeps wearing Marlins stuff to these games?!" Haha now I know!

Last edited by deeg23; 07-26-2016 at 07:38 PM. Reason: ^^^ beat me to it
Old 07-26-2016, 07:37 PM
pete ullman

very cool...have fun!!!!! get as many ticket stubs as you can!!!!!
Old 07-26-2016, 07:39 PM
ThreadKiller

Default perhaps...but NOT watching the game, so...

IF that's the case, I stand corrected and apologize for all of the the above - it seemed ambiguous, in respect to the OP statement, which I was referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfarmboy View Post
I think he's talking about the guy that wears the jersey behind home plate. He was at World Series last year.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:41 PM
ThreadKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfarmboy View Post
thanks, Clint.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:47 PM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourStrikes View Post
thanks, Clint.
I was thinking the same thing you were at first. Ichirio is pretty low keyed. Then I remembered that guy cheering for the Royals last year.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:56 PM

Default Ichiro and Pre-War baseball

I think if you are a Pre-War baseball fan then you can not NOT like Ichiro. I watch him play and do the things he does and I think I am watching one of the guys who played before 1920.

David
Old 07-27-2016, 06:41 AM
Ja.son Hugh.es

I believe Ichiro is one of, if not the most underrated player I have ever seen. Had he played more years in MLB instead of Japan he would most likely be taking a run at the all time hit record. He was an unbelievable fielder and runner as well. We didn't even get to see him until he had already played many seasons in Japan. Normally I would dismiss a comparison like that, but he immediately was shredding MLB pitching upon arrival like it was nothing. His stats are incredible if you keep some of this in mind. Add to all of that he had a press core following him around and he didn't speak English. Truly amazing and I consider myself lucky to have seen him multiple times in person. A real throwback of a player.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:09 AM
Rob

Yeah, the "super fan." At least he somewhat blends in at Giants games. That dude is front row at damn near every "big" sporting event.