NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-28-2009, 01:15 PM

Default Mastro/legendary consignment checks?

For the last month the message on mastroauctions says the intend to send checks out in May. With two days left in may what are the chances?
Will Mastroauctions ever pay the consignors? From a legal standpoint I consigned
when all the new owners of legendary auctions were with Mastro. Can they legally be held responsible for the debt since they were a part of mastro when the auction took place.Am I the only one who feels that legendary is badly tainted by this whole mess? Is mastroauctions eventually going to pay or are they getting ready for bankruptcy?

Last edited by gnuche; 05-28-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Dan Bretta

I have no idea if Mastro is ready to file bankruptcy, but I'm almost certain the principles of Legendary are not responsible for anything that Mastro is liable for. Since all the individuals running Legendary are also the same as those who were running Mastro I can't see how not paying consignors won't reflect poorly on Legendary.

The whole thing reminds me of a fellow here in town (Rod 'The Krusher' Kush - yes the former pro football player) who owned a furniture store that had possibly the worst customer service you can imagine...I had two poor experiences with his store and the last one ended up with me filing a complaint with the BBB. The store had the lowest rating one can get from them before I ever lodged my complaint. His store went out of business a few years ago.....now he is opening a new store and he still owes hundreds of thousands of dollars on his old store.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Jim VB

Just to clarify, are you waiting for payment from the final Mastro auction, of the premier Legendary auction?

In the case of the former that seems well over due. If it's the latter, you may be waiting a little while longer.

I'm not a lawyer, but it seems to me that all the steps they have taken to separate Legendary from Mastro would not stand up to close scrutiny. To announce that Legendary has acquired the assets of Mastro is ludicrous. They were/are owned by the same investment group (Silk Road Equity). Any money transfered during the sale came out of a left hand pocket and into a right hand pocket (with perhaps, a little going Bill's way to stay out of the new company.) Doesn't seem like it would take much work to prove that the "sale" was a farce.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:21 PM

Default mastro/legendary consignment checks?

Jim,
I consigned a large lot of cards to mastroauctions on 9/28/2008
Yes 2008! It was auctioned in mastro's last auction. 8 months
Old 05-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Jim VB

I'd be looking for an attorney by now.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim VB View Post
I'd be looking for an attorney by now.
Or perhaps an owner of a chat room.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default owner of a chat room?

Are we a chat room? As much as I get beat up I thought it was a boxing ring, or an octagon? I will make a call or two but I have a feeling I might not find much out. I am sorry you are having this problem Gary.....You are certainly one of the good guys in the hobby.....

btw Gary- have you tried calling Doug?

Last edited by Leon; 05-28-2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: additional question