NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
How much do you sell on ebay? The buyer is an idiot...I agree that Larry should accept the return, but he shouldn't pay a cent more than the original sale price plus shipping.
I think we are on the same page. I would not be willing to refund grading fees. To answer your question, I am not a high-volume seller on eBay the way I used to be long-ago. I sell maybe a couple dozen items a month on average with an average sales price of around $100.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharri3600 View Post
You are right,
I do offer a 14 day return. However, like I stated earlier, why attempt to get a number grade when it is clearly stated the cards is trimmed? Is that someway
on me? Just asking. Had I not stated the condition I would give the full refund.
I think there is a very good chance he did not read the description when he bid, or read over it. This is not on you. My thinking is there is not a big transaction cost to taking the card back and listing it again.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Ken McMillan

You are clearly dealing with an idiot. No way in Hell would I pay this idiots fees associated with grading. The card was stated as trimmed and the buyer knew this when purchasing the card. He hoped that the card would get through the cracks and that the graders would miss the trim. He gambled and lost plain and simply.

The only bad thing about this is that eBay allows this kind of idiot to post negative feedback. My wife had a situation with a buyer 6 months ago where she had listed a women's sweater for sale and a newbie buyer bought it. The sweater was listed as a large, tags showed large, pictures showed sweater was a large, and this idiot tried to say that the sweater was not a large as it didn't fit her. Not our fault that this most likely obese person couldn't fit into the sweater that was properly listed, but eBay allowed the feedback to stand even though it was not truthful. In this situation, we did not refund because it was listed correctly and the person who had bid up the item wouldn't have reversed the feedback left anyway.

You are in a no win situation so I would tell this guy to jump off a bridge. If he leaves negative feedback, reply to it so the world cand see how stupid he is and block him from bidding.

Kmac
Old 04-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Rob Ruddy

Default Buyer's no idiot

The buyer is no newbie to eBay. His feedback is 6948. He is no idiot but he is a first class A-hole. I'm surprised that he doesn't have any negative feedback himself!!!

Refund his money and shipping and tell him to take a hike if he insists on screwing you out of the costs for grading. How nicely you tell him that, I'll leave up to you.

I'd lose the Cobb image. It has nothing to do with the item you were selling. Also, there is no need to put "TRIMMED" in the title. The title line is limited. That's why we have a description area for the details.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:56 PM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Default my opinion

In my opinion, there's only one instance where refunding grading costs would be warranted. That is the case where the seller explicitly states that the card is NOT trimmed and/or that the card is guaranteed to receive a numerical grade.

I play the grading game a lot. Try to buy (gamble) cards that I "think" will grade well and submit them. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose, sometimes it rains. I've bought several raw T206s that ended up 5.5+; I've also bought several that were trimmed (including three in my latest submission). I chalk it up to playing the game... definitely not going to win them all.

The buyer (with that feedback) must know the game and certainly wouldn't have given Larry additional money had the card graded a 6.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:52 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Should you refund him in any way? Unquestionably NO!!! Clearly a scammer. If he's being a d_ck to you, be one right back!!

However, you seem to be getting a lot of input here from sellers and most are very biased points of view. Sellers want to maximize their profits, so they feel they never do anything wrong.

If nothing else, you should listen to some of us buyers, too. If you're listing a trimmed card, you need to make it much clearer. It's right there in your auction--in red--so I'm not putting any blame on you. But if I was looking at that auction, I'd be disturbed by the almost complete lack of a description. If it's trimmed, say "This card has obviously been trimmed" in your description.

Oh, and get rid of that Cobb picture.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.