NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-20-2017, 08:09 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Hey guys and girls
Let's don't sling any other comments Kevin's way in this thread as it isn't fair that he can't respond, please. I think most of us are on the same page here. This thread and game isn't hurting anyone and some members are having fun watching and participating. We need more interesting things not less...carry on and good luck to Stephen...

Last edited by Leon; 04-20-2017 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:09 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Hey guys and girls
Let's don't sling any other comments Kevin's way in this thread as it isn't fair that he can't respond, please. I think most of us are on the same page here. This thread and game isn't hurting anyone and some members are having fun watching and participating. We need more interesting things not less...carry on and good luck to Stephen...
Fair enough haha

Anyways, Hi everyone, it's me the mooch.

Lets move a few of these items today.

I'll move the RUBE T-206 for $35 DLVD and that Wagner Photo for $50 DLVD orrrr take both of them for $80.

I have been getting trade offers on the T-206's that are graded, however I would much rather sell them, as I can't really down grade much from these cards, unless you want to offer 1 card for them then that may be easier for what I am trying to accomplish. will sell every graded card a VCP. Let's go boys. Give these puppies a new home and get ready for the next card I buy once these cards are gone.

Any recommendations for the next card I buy? something in the 800-1000 range. Thanks
Old 04-21-2017, 08:11 AM

I would look for a SGC 10 or SGC 15 Cobb T206 with nice eye appeal. I think you could get one for around $1,000 and it would be a desirable card for a lot of people with things to trade who want a Cobb.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:14 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
Fair enough haha

Anyways, Hi everyone, it's me the mooch.

Lets move a few of these items today.

I'll move the RUBE T-206 for $35 DLVD and that Wagner Photo for $50 DLVD orrrr take both of them for $80.

I have been getting trade offers on the T-206's that are graded, however I would much rather sell them, as I can't really down grade much from these cards, unless you want to offer 1 card for them then that may be easier for what I am trying to accomplish. will sell every graded card a VCP. Let's go boys. Give these puppies a new home and get ready for the next card I buy once these cards are gone.

Any recommendations for the next card I buy? something in the 800-1000 range. Thanks

When you get the mantle, how long do you plan on keeping it or do you already know how you wish to display it People that are giving you deals that are helping you inch your way toward that goal may want to know.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-21-2017 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:21 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
When you get the mantle, how long do you plan on keeping it or do you already know how you wish to display it People that are giving you deals that are helping you inch your way toward that goal may want to know.
And whoever has traded with me already can feel free to ask.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:59 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
People who may consider trading with you may want to know as well. Not sure why its a secret to everyone else
Old 04-22-2017, 10:10 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
People who may consider trading with you may want to know as well. Not sure why its a secret to everyone else
When you purchase a card from someone here or an A/H, do they ask what your plans are with the card?

Odd question, imo, Jake.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:13 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
When you purchase a card from someone here or an A/H, do they ask what your plans are with the card?

Odd question, imo, Jake.

It's ok irv. Jakes never contributed anything positive to any of my treads since I joined. Why start now?
Old 04-23-2017, 06:54 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post

Odd question, imo, Jake.
Of course not. But this situation is unlike most situations. He is asking for people to go out of their way to help and he has stated his goal (get a mantle). I know if he planned on selling the card a day after getting the mantle, i would want to know that.

Another example would be if someone says they need me to take lesser money for a card than i normally would because they needed medication and were going to sell the card to help them get funds for that. So i do the deal only to learn that it was not true.

Again, people dont have to follow through with what they say but i am just giving you a reason why asking him what he plans to do with the mantle isnt out of line considering this whole thread is about him getting a mantle based on the net54 community helping him out.

I really do not think me asking "what do you plan on doing with the mantle once you get it?" is a tough question for him to answer publicly. Perhaps he was going to put it in a nice looking display and show the net54 community a picture of it , that could encourage more people to work out deals with him. Maybe he doesnt know. My question isnt an attack, its just a simple question.

just saying.....

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-23-2017 at 06:58 AM.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:00 PM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Sorry, its nothing at all personal, but when you're asking for charity.... And yes, use any rhetoric you choose... You're still asking people to give you MORE for LESS...
Plus you're somewhat known for constantly asking others to share their knowledge with items you are unaware of.... but then the minute you get what you want, its no one's business expect the people willing to "donate" to your noble cause? With all due respect, you honestly can't see how that would rub people the wrong way?? This isn't rocket science, the bottom line is you're on here always asking to receive more than you give.... and some people get tired of it.

Again, its nothing personal. I'm sure you're a nice guy, but acting like this is somewhat juvenile. That said, if you were willingly more transparent, I think it would help benefit your goal.

Brent

Last edited by Huysmans; 04-23-2017 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-23-2017, 04:17 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

[QUOTE=Huysmans;1653603]Sorry, its nothing at all personal, but when you're asking for charity.... And yes, use any rhetoric you choose... You're still asking people to give you MORE for LESS...
Plus you're somewhat known for constantly asking others to share their knowledge with items you are unaware of.... but then the minute you get what you want, its no one's business expect the people willing to "donate" to your noble cause? With all due respect, you honestly can't see how that would rub people the wrong way?? This isn't rocket science, the bottom line is you're on here always asking to receive more than you give.... and some people get tired of it.

Again, its nothing personal. I'm sure you're a nice guy, but acting like this is somewhat juvenile. That said, if you were willingly more transparent, I think it would help benefit your goal. Quote

Ps it's not charity.

If I have a cobb and you have a don Larsen. Mines worth 1000 yours is worth 1200 psa 10 mines a psa 1. Which market is bigger? Which is a easier sell? Which would you rather have?

How am I not transparent? I couldn't make this post any more clear. I'm trading up to a mantle. Holy smokes.

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 04-23-2017 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:30 PM
Ben North

Quote:

Ps it's not charity.

If I have a cobb and you have a don Larsen. Mines worth 1000 yours is worth 1200 psa 10 mines a psa 1. Which market is bigger? Which is a easier sell? Which would you rather have?

How am I not transparent? I couldn't make this post any more clear. I'm trading up to a mantle. Holy smokes.
What would be really cool is if you would keep a running total of what you have for trade in each of your new posts.

There was a guy who did this a couple years ago over on BO and he done it perfectly. Even had eBay/PayPal and shipping fees listed. Everybody got to see how far he had come and how far he had left to go. Getting your posts in this thread organized and keeping them on point will really help in your goal.

Last edited by bnorth; 04-23-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:33 PM
Br.ent So.bie

[QUOTE=EYECOLLECTVINTAGE;1653607]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
Sorry, its nothing at all personal, but when you're asking for charity.... And yes, use any rhetoric you choose... You're still asking people to give you MORE for LESS...

Again, its nothing personal. I'm sure you're a nice guy, but acting like this is somewhat juvenile. That said, if you were willingly more transparent, I think it would help benefit your goal. Quote

Ps it's not charity.

You just said it yourself....YOURS is worth 1000... THEIRS is worth 1200
You do understand that one amount is MORE than the other right?? I don't care about what kind of rationale you use regarding which market is bigger, its CHARITY... plain and simple... You want MORE for giving LESS. Is this really hard for you to understand? Just be honest with yourself and others.