NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Terry
Ter.ence Le.wis

Default Feedback System?

I paid for a card the other day using paypal gift. I NEVER do that unless it's someone I know. Had a good vibe so I took the chance but got me thinking, is there a feedback system here that I have missed?
Old 05-24-2012, 02:23 AM
Pup6913

no feedback system or protection for your purchase either
Old 05-24-2012, 03:17 AM
Steven Finley

The Net54 B/S/T is probably the only marketplace I feel extremely safe using PayPal gift. I have paid for cards in this manner several times here and never had an issue. Reasons for this include:

1. Leon and the other moderators do a great job of catching vermin at the door before they can't get in.

2. On this site (and with pre-war purchases in general it seems) it is pretty easy to quickly tell who is on the up and up.

This week I just listed some stuff in the B/S/T and offered PayPal gift among the payment options. Everyone who has purchased something from me paid gift even though I offered other options.

That being said, not everyone is as blindly trusting as am so if someone doesn't feel comfortable using it I wouldn't expect them to do so. It is always buyer beware.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:32 AM
octavio ranzola

Never had a problem.classy collectors,Leon and his crew can smell a con artist a mile away.I've always felt safe selling or buying.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:55 AM
Steven

I prefer pp gift with net54 and only net54 for the reasons mentioned above. I consider this place a network of friends and feel that pp gift is appropriate. Also, net54 members have never had a problem providing me references when asked. I made one of the larger purchases of my life pp gift via net54 board a month or so ago and the card was beautiful!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:00 AM
Steve Freedman

A truly amazing community. I've received cards that I was buying in the mail from people I've never spoken to before I've even had a chance to get my money order in the mail.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:04 AM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorrister View Post
A truly amazing community. I've received cards that I was buying in the mail from people I've never spoken to before I've even had a chance to get my money order in the mail.
Same here. I actually received a card from a member with a note "Pay me if you want it or just send it back"...I had $50 in the mail asap. Great community.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:25 AM
Andrew

I have never had a problem on the board with the BST. Great group of guys and most will gladly provide you with references if needed.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:31 AM
Tony Ooten

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorrister View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
Same here. I actually received a card from a member with a note "Pay me if you want it or just send it back"...I had $50 in the mail asap. Great community.
Both of these have happened to me. One just this week. Shout out to Josh (vintagewhitesox).... I had an expensive (for me anyway) card in my hand on the same day he received my personal check in the mail.

Another time a member sent me a t206 I needed for my set and said "just pay me what you think it is worth" that was lower dollar but still.....

I'm trying to learn from these examples
Old 05-24-2012, 06:44 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default thanks and .....

Thanks for the kind words guys. We try. However please still Be Careful. We are at a record pace this month for new members (we average 60+) and anything can happen over there. ALWAYS check how many times folks have responded, how long they have been on the board and don't hesitate to ask for references. If anyone gives an iota of an attitude about you asking for a reference then I would like to know about it. NO ONE should mind that question whatsoever. It is caveat emptor over there.... and all that being said it is a fairly safe. happy collecting!!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Daryl

I will pile on. Cap'n Leon runs a tight ship, which leads to a safe vintage bb card marketplace. I've never had a single issue with any BST transaction.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:48 AM

i've paid using paypal gift and money order through the mail and always received what i paid for. never had a problem and a great card comunity
Old 05-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Lee B.
lee be.hrens

Default Delivery Notice

The BST is great and has worked out well for me for many years, but I have a huge petpeeve.

When purchasing a card please let the seller know when the card arrives. My last 5 transactions have been no replies after the card has been sent. By replying you are telling the seller that you have the proper card in hand and you are satisfied, the seller then can throw away or delete/move any paper work involved in the transaction. By not hearing there is the potential the card has not arrived or got into the work hands and that makes the buyer and seller worried.

To me this should be a common courtesy in all transactions.

Thanks to all that do do it,

Lee
Old 05-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Steve Birmingham

I haven't done much on BST, but what I've done has gone really well.

The only small problem I have is that some of you are very quick to buy leaving me reading the word "sold" more often than I'd like

Steve B
Old 05-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
I haven't done much on BST, but what I've done has gone really well.

The only small problem I have is that some of you are very quick to buy leaving me reading the word "sold" more often than I'd like

Steve B

Raise your prices Steve
Old 05-25-2012, 06:42 AM
Ben H*ds@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
I prefer pp gift with net54 and only net54 for the reasons mentioned above. I consider this place a network of friends and feel that pp gift is appropriate. Also, net54 members have never had a problem providing me references when asked. I made one of the larger purchases of my life pp gift via net54 board a month or so ago and the card was beautiful!
+1. I am usually very cautious about these type of internet transactions but I have had several great transactions on this board.