NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Banned

So there are no real t206 overprints, ghost images, miscuts exist? I guess that guy has a printing factory in his basement or something.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:47 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmk59 View Post
I think this is the ultimate irony. He was actually offering - for $25 - a certification service for T206's. Worse, he cites errors and variations as a particular area where his certification service might be valuable.

Da noive!

http://www.t206museum.com/page/coa.html

Joann
Yes JoAnn but the $25 fee is waivied if you buy any overprints from him.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Default Unbelievable

Every time you think you've seen the bottom, you scrape a little deeper and more slime oozes out.

"I'm sorry" is no defense to fraud but full restitution may help mitigate the sentence and avoid having to defend a civil case with punitive damages. At least he had the stupidity to admit he was guilty and save the taxpayers some investigation and trouble.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 05-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Barry Sloate

Bond73 just posted above that "that guy" must have a printing press in his basement.

Well Bond73, do you?
Old 05-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Joe P.

Default Bravo! John Bravo!

My hats off to you, and the team.

Good to see the interest, and active defense of the hobby.

Again, my hats off to you guys!

Joe Pelaez
Old 05-09-2009, 11:28 AM

You would make Sherlock Holmes proud. Good work.

DH
Old 05-09-2009, 11:28 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond73 View Post
So there are no real t206 overprints, ghost images, miscuts exist? I guess that guy has a printing factory in his basement or something.
I don’t know Pat uh I mean Scott Bob or Bond73 do you have a printing press in your basement?

Why don’t you tell us how you made these cards?

Are you impaired in some way we are unaware of?

You would think that being under the FBI’s microscope for fraud and forgery would make a guy like you crawl into a hole for some time?

But too answer your question yes there are legit overprints and mistakes out there...that is unless you owned them.

At the risk of being called racist I have to say there’s “Sum Ting Wong” with you guy….come clean or go away for good.

Cheers,

John

P.S. Chan a little advice next time when you make fake overprints get the color right genius.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default I would think

I would think if this guy was really remorseful he wouldn't still be acting this way. Maybe this will show the FBI how remorseful he is too. ...

Last edited by Matt; 05-15-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Look, let's marshal all the evidence (including the posts on this and other threads) and make a visit to his local US Attorney's Office. I'll happily make the contact.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Joann

I guess this incident demonstrates the exact reason that Jay Behrens has always said he stays completely away from overprints - even some of the known issues like Old Put, Toy Town, etc - because they would be too easy to fake.

Not that my bank account would ever have room for an overprint (except for the infamous Russell Sewell?), but even if it did I'd probably conclude at this point that Jay is onto something.

Joann

ETA - hey ... why did my post and Jeff's post as replies within Leon's post? I know that there are buttons for reply to thread and reply to a certain post, but I'm pretty sure there was only one button at the bottom of the thread, and that's the one I hit.

Last edited by jmk59; 05-09-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:44 PM

Hi Patrick - bond73, welcome to the forum. I am with Leon on this one, if he is remorseful and was really just doing it to gain money for collecting, then why is he trying to troll in here? And if it were to just enhance his collection, then he should have plenty of stuff to sell to refund the people he ripped off.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Joe P.

Default I Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Look, let's marshal all the evidence (including the posts on this and other threads) and make a visit to his local US Attorney's Office. I'll happily make the contact.
If we don't deal with this guy NOW, he'll come back to haunt later ... just like Dr Koo's did after 1990.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
I guess this incident demonstrates the exact reason that Jay Behrens has always said he stays completely away from overprints - even some of the known issues like Old Put, Toy Town, etc - because they would be too easy to fake.

Not that my bank account would ever have room for an overprint (except for the infamous Russell Sewell?), but even if it did I'd probably conclude at this point that Jay is onto something.

Joann

ETA - hey ... why did my post and Jeff's post as replies within Leon's post? I know that there are buttons for reply to thread and reply to a certain post, but I'm pretty sure there was only one button at the bottom of the thread, and that's the one I hit.
It makes one wonder if this guy can get these past both PSA and SGC then what is out there that isn't authentic???

And I'm not sure what your talking about with your post being within Leon's. Everything looks normal on my end.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Jamie

"FRAUD MULTIPLIER 2.5" ahhaha quote of the day lol
Old 05-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
What about 150K underprints?
Old 05-09-2009, 04:17 PM

I was dubious of T206 Museum from way back when they lifted (plagiarized) a chunk of my T206 back article from VCBC.

Ha ha ha
Old 05-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

At last, a prosecutor in the house. Ok, so when's the arrest?
Old 05-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Dave.Horn.ish

Wonka-well done! This is something that should be sent to the various hobby publications.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:48 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppcat View Post
Wonka-well done! This is something that should be sent to the various hobby publications.
If so please let me correct my Typos..LOL

I'm currently casting for the made for TV movie "Coo Coo For Overprints: The Patrick Chan Story" right now.

Patrick Chan: ???
Leon Luckey: Steven Seagal
FBI Agent : Danny Devito
Rob Lifson: Ricardo Montalban
Jim Rivera: Larry "The" Cable Guy
Barry Sloate: Roy Scheider
Dan McKee: Walter Matheu
Wonka: Jim J. Bullock
Kit My Talking Trans AM (Artistic licensing work with me on this one): Keith Olbermann

Now I'm off for dinner I'm having some Chan's Special Chicken (Psss it's really pork made to look like chicken)

Last edited by wonkaticket; 05-09-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

This is why I love this forum so much. Thank you to everyone who was involved with this entire thing.

When I first started getting back into the hobby, and I was looking into T206s, I would study t206museum.com and I thought it was such a great site. After a while, I realized it wasn't updated very often and then I stopped going back. I was getting more info from other places by then, mostly from the members of N54 (shortly after the Full Count conversion).

I can't imagine how many collectors thought that site was legitimately there as a resource for them and an honest reference. Fake articles? Fake finds? And how many times did people on the boards ask who the owner of the site was because they didn't agree with some of his info?

What a remarkable job you've all done. Thank you again.

AndyH
Old 05-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Dan Bretta

Before I found Net54 I used to post on the T206museum's message board...I looked around this morning before the site went dead and couldn't find it.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:17 PM

Walter Matheu ??? Walter wasn't as ugly as I am. That Jim comparison was just wrong!
Old 05-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

Default www.T206museum and Collector Linked to Fake T206

I'm currently able to access FTP site for T206museum.com. Ne1 else?

http://t206museum.com/

Check out this spreadsheet Chan did:

http://t206museum.com/data_/T206Database3.zip

Also the Drum pouch on T206museum.com is the same one that 800hitter is selling on eBay:

http://t206museum.com/shop_/DrumPouch_GAI7.5_bk.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/GAI-7-5-SEALED-T...3A1%7C294%3A50

Last edited by rdwyer; 05-09-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default just testing

sorry to test here but something go messed up when I tried to do something I don't think I should have ...
Closed Thread