NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Mark

Default Life long collecting goal accomplished....now what?

I have been collecting cards since I was 7 years old in 1969. Like most people I got rid of my collection when I got married, but got back into it after my son was born.

I had one goal in mind..set collecting. I wanted to get one Topps set from every year from today all the way back to 1951. Budget considerations allowed me to exclude the 1952 high numbers from that quest.

I went to the National yesterday with high hopes and finally did it. I now have every Topps card from 1951 -2015. I finished off the 1952 run of #250-310 and picked up a 18953 Mantle. The results rest below..

The collection also includes a 1954 Bowman and 1955 Bowman set for good measure. There are other sets I've collected, but my main goal has always been the annual sets.

I must admit, it's an odd feeling to consider my quest done. It's almost as disappointing as it is exciting.

So now I have to consider what's next. The 1952 Mantle is out of the question. Never going to happen, so the 52 high numbers aren't really a consideration.

I'll probably work on the Bowman sets from 1948-1950 just to keep an annual run going. I've also considered getting a second set from every year, putting the Leaf and Fleer sets from the 60's into play.

After that...who knows. I doubt I'll be done collecting, but I also doubt it will have the same appeal it has had in the past.

Strange feeling indeed.