NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Pup6913

Default 2010 National Pickups,Pics, and Post

Today has been a great day. I was able to fulfill a few very sought after cards for some board members who were not able to make it. Hope to close some more deals tomorrow for more. Had a great dinner with some fellow 54'ers, my Dad, and a smokin' hot waitress named Brittany

I was able to complete 50% of my Dads 69 Topps set wishlist today.

Got to meet Leon, Scott B, Buckler, Steve, Tony, Larry and so many more. Only made it up 3 rows today. Man I got alot to go. I will post updates and pics as soon as I get the camera downloaded.

Please feel free to share comments and pics from the National guys. Lets try to bring it to the guys/gals unable to attend this year.

Have a great night everybody
Old 08-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Dan Bretta

Looking forward to the pics Andrew...I don't think anyone posted a single pic from last years National on the card side (Carlton always does a fantastic job on the memorabilia side)...the year before that someone (Jerry S?) posted a ton of pics and videos.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Banned

Kind of OT, but I had a great time today at the Edgar Allan Poe memorial offering condolences.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

I was unaware that he had passed. My prayers and condolences to any remaining relatives and anyone who even resembles him.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:19 AM
Matt Hall

Do you have any pick-ups or pics from the Memorial?
Old 08-05-2010, 04:45 AM
Jason

Default Wow, that is sad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
I was unaware that he had passed. My prayers and condolences to any remaining relatives and anyone who even resembles him.
I understand he was a very good writer, with exceptionally strong spelling skills. I think he and Barry would have hit it off in grand fashion...
Old 08-05-2010, 04:46 AM
Jason

Default great news Andrew!

congrats on the pickups, but given your lead in, I have to know,...did they include Brittany?

and a great thing to hear that you have made acquisitions on behalf of others...you're like a Net54 commando hit-man or something and some such! keep it up
Old 08-05-2010, 05:54 AM
T0dd M@rcum

We will be cruising up tomorrow! My son is coming off a week long hike on the Appalachian Trail, and we're hitting the road...hope he gets a chance to take a shower!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:13 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

I've picked up some minor cards thus far. I haven't seen anything for sale which has blown me away and the prices for the most part are ridiculously high. Nicest card I saw for sale was a Rose PC Wagner in great shape (but overpriced by about 5K). Dan McKee has some incredible cards (including a J=K Wagner) but I was a little disappointed by both his table location (inside the Men's room) and his refusal to wear the Net 54 pin. SGC has Pat Preece's collection laid out and I'd say that it is the most impressive 19th century collection (or any other century) that I've ever seen.

Some of the nicest cards for sale are packaged as as full sets so you can't break them up and that drives me crazy.

All in all it's a bit overwhelming and my feet and back hurt but at least I'm not 100 lbs overweight and stuffed into a major league baseball jersey so I've got that going for me.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Mike Charron / American Sports Antiquities

Hi Guys,

Not on the boards very often due to time constraints but I am in Baltimore and had a great time so far with my wife and 9 year old daughter. I was at the show when the opening bell sounded, it was like being at the starting line of the Daytona 500. Very fortunate my daughter didn't get trampled !

Anyway as far as pickups we were running through the booths to see what was available so I probably missed a lot but the list so far includes a High end complete set of 1939 R303-B Premiums with a Dimaggio, Foxx & Greenberg that are among the finest I have ever seen in this very condition sensitive issue. Next a Super High Grade 1956 Topps Pin complete set including Stobbs & Diering which is near impossible as well. Some of these I'm sure are among the finest that will ever be graded when I submit them. Next was $3,000.00 worth of 1910 P2 Sweet Caporal Pins and 1932 PR2 Orbit Pins which had a Cobb that has a good shot at a PSA 9, it is certainly an 8. These pins were blazers and I basically cherry picked what was probably an entire set that had not been dragged around the shows yet. This has only happened to me once before about 5 years ago in Chicago The dealer couldn't keep up with me since I was pulling pins out of the plastic sleeves faster than he could add them up. Also I picked up an assorted group which included 1947 Exhibit, 1948 HOF Exhibit & 1961 Wrigley Field Exhibit cards, 2 -1930 Lou Gehrig Cracker Jack Pins, 1934 Babe Ruth Quaker Oats Pin, 1956 Yellow Basepath Stan Musial Pin, Khedival White Border Maurice Sayers (never see a White Border Khedival Boxing Card before), 1914 Polo Grounds Ed Walsh, Rube Marquard-2, Nap Lajoie & Eddie Collins -2, 1911 Tom Barker Game Ed Walsh, T206 Piedmont Tom Jones - St. Louis which is a minimum a PSA 7 with a shot at an 8. Got this from a reputable dealer and is the nicest T206 I have ever seen as far as condition. I typically stay away from these type of items due to alterations but I'm hoping this is a Home Run, it is that nice. Also 4 - 1969 Kahn's Wieners which have great shots at PSA 9's and 8 - 1950 Callahan HOF Blazers including Cy Young, Honus Wagner and a tough Paul Waner variation.

All the above pickups are at the high end range of what you would typically be able to find since obviously these are more difficult. Was a very impressive 4 hours worth of treasure hunting. I will be at the show Thursday, Friday and Saturday as well, which will be much more relaxing. Last night was like a fire drill but really paid off big time.

Hope all of you enjoy the show and our great hobby. Most of these items will be in our American Sports Antiquities auctions in about a month on E-Bay ID - (Morgan118).

Last edited by morgan118; 08-05-2010 at 06:46 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Jason

Default Jeff, I had no idea you were on the ground there...

Quote:
All in all it's a bit overwhelming and my feet and back hurt but at least I'm not 100 lbs overweight and stuffed into a major league baseball jersey so I've got that going for me.
Don't ever underestimate the importance of this!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:23 AM
T0dd M@rcum

Gotta ask...is the a show where the dealers are making reasonable deals (like Houston / Atlanta) or is it a show that is more like a museum (Atlantic City comes to mind).

I am not talking about the top shelf stuff...just the mid-range stuff like T206 low to mid grade commons and exish 50s and 60s stuff. Pretty much the collector grade cards.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonL View Post
Don't ever underestimate the importance of this!
They flew him in for the meeting last night.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Matt Hall

Default Sorry fellas...

While all you guys were out wasting time at the national, I managed to snag this sweet 1933 card of "Skippy praying" off eBay.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Doug C.

Quote:
So you are saying C.C. Sabathia made it to the show?

Old 08-06-2010, 01:37 AM
Pup6913

I forgot my USB cable for my camera. I have the iphone but not the pics I want to show. I got 3 wagners (2 I am holding) a 1909 206 plank and a 206 plank no ink, a boston garter joe jax and much more.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:07 AM
Matt Hall

For those who don't know, the Boston Garter is the one that depicts a young Joe Jackson sipping a cup of coffee and exchanging pleasantries with a spirited waitress named Brittney.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:43 AM
Jason

Default Yeah, all while

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew H View Post
For those who don't know, the Boston Garter is the one that depicts a young Joe Jackson sipping a cup of coffee and exchanging pleasantries with a spirited waitress named Brittney.
sliding into third base!
Old 08-06-2010, 05:53 AM
Ed McCollum

Default With all the talk so far,

I would hope someone made it to third base with Brittney.

Last edited by Howe’s Hunter; 08-06-2010 at 05:54 AM. Reason: bad speller. too early.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:48 AM

Default National Photos! (and pickups)

I'm back after spending Wednesday and Thursday at the National and have quite a few photos to share.
In this post a few of my favorite pickups:

Purchased from Terry Knouse, a previously unknown issue (at least to everyone at the show), featuring six Atlanta players, many of whom also appear in the T210 set. I'm told another net54 member also bought one. The card is about the size of a cabinet card, but more square and slightly more thick than a T206.

1937 All Star pin with a great banner listing all the players on both teams.

Brass rocking chair presented to Charlie Gehringer at a Mets Old-Timers Game, has his name engraved at the top and on each tiny bat being used as spindles.

A few Colgan's for my empty tins.

Photo of Leon for your viewing pleasure.

I'll also post a couple of photos I bought from the massive Sporting News/Sport magazine collection and include a few observation in a future post.

MANY more photos are now posted at baseballbasement.com

Greg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Smith card.jpg (72.3 KB, 1212 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3066.jpg (78.0 KB, 1207 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3064.jpg (77.5 KB, 1200 views)
File Type: jpg colgan_0001.jpg (89.4 KB, 1196 views)
File Type: jpg Leon.jpg (71.2 KB, 1186 views)
Old 08-06-2010, 08:05 AM
Barry Sloate

Leon is like a fine wine. He gets better with age.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Default some of my pickups

1932 Rogers Peet

1910 American Caramel Co. E90-3

1909 Ramly T204

1910 Cubs PC

Last edited by calvindog; 08-06-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Matt Wieder

Gee Jeff - couldn't you find a nicer Rogers Peet Cobb?

Last edited by Matt; 08-06-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Matt, I tried but none to be had. Plus I'm still feeling bad about the purchase because the poor dealer told me he didn't make any money off the deal. This is incredible as all of the dealers I purchased cards from said the same thing! Sounds like these guys need a trade association.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Matt Hall

Quote:
Matt, I tried but none to be had. Plus I'm still feeling bad about the purchase because the poor dealer told me he didn't make any money off the deal. This is incredible as all of the dealers I purchased cards from said the same thing! Sounds like these guys need a trade association.
I seriously doubt any dealers made anything at the National, it's the collectors that need policing.

On a serious note, great pick-ups so far. I really wish I was there.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Rob G.

On Thursday I was able to attend my first National! I thought there was a good amount of vintage, and like others have said you almost never paid sticker price. Even just asking "whats the best you can do on this piece" knocked 15-20% right off.

About 24 aisles of tables. I walked briskley thru, only stopping when I saw something vintage of interest. Started when they opened the gate at 10am and got to the end around 4pm without sitting down once, then went back to a few spots before I had to leave at 5pm. By the end my head was definitely spinning from seeing so many cards haha. I didn't like, though, how the last 10 or so aisles were no long aisles cuz some of the big guys took up 2 or 3 aisles so it started getting confusing to remember which tables you'd been to already.

Two items I picked up (below):

The Matty is the same image used in the Aug 5, 1909 M101-2 Supplement, but doesn't have the "Supplement to the Sporting News" caption at the top, but does have a caption along the bottom. If you were to take off the caption at the bottom, it'd be the same exact size as the Matty M101-2. I got this from Bagger77.

The Schulte is similar, but I don't think they are from the same "series". Not only is the Schulte image different from its M101-2 counterpart, but its also printed on a thicker paper stock. The gentleman I bought it from also had a Wagner (batting action pose similar to one I've seen on a postcard) and a Collins, and another common that I saw someone buy. He said when he got them they were strung together at the top, thus the hole at the top.

Anyone have any info/insight on either of these?

I met a few Net54ers:
Ken Cohen
James Feagin (sp?)
Leon Luckey
Scott Brockelman (thanks for the net54 pin!)
Chris (from Imperial Sports Auction)

Also picked up my winnings from the recent H&S Auction. Thanks to Josh Wulkan!

One quick little story ... a run-down setup was asking 10x going price for some M101-2 Supplements. $170 for a common in average condition. I offered $20 for it. He laughed and said something to the effect that he'd pay me $50 to let him keep it, and the lady (his wife?) kackled and said she wanted to meet my grade school math teacher so she could slap her. I smiled, told them to have a nice day and walked away.

In all, I had a great time. I saw some nice gloves and bats and jerseys and equipment that were really neat. And a few of the items that Bryan Dec and Kirk Kovacs had were amazing. Old photos and Supplements that were out of my reach, but great to look at. Even though I don't conversate much, I met lots of nice people and saw some great things. Hope to go to another National in the coming years.

Rob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MattyMiscSupp.jpg (73.0 KB, 1091 views)
File Type: jpg ShulteMiscSupp.JPG (60.6 KB, 1086 views)
Old 08-07-2010, 12:10 PM

Rob G.
Those are cool. Never seen them before.

Frank
Old 08-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Dave Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcard1 View Post
We will be cruising up tomorrow! My son is coming off a week long hike on the Appalachian Trail, and we're hitting the road...hope he gets a chance to take a shower!
Just wondering . . . did he run into ex-Gov. Sanford?
Old 08-07-2010, 02:48 PM
John

He's an ex-husband...but still governor.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Greg, those Atlanta cards were from a set that my brother (Rhys) and I purchased several years ago off an ebay seller after his item didn't reach the minimum bid he was looking for. I remember we found record of another set that was in a library/museum collection in the Atlanta area but other than that they are the only examples we had ever seen. We sold the set to Terry Sr. maybe 5 years ago and he has had them since but was only looking to sell as a complete set until this show (assuming ou only bought the one single).

I can't help but think they are related somehow to the 1909 Atlanta oversized postcards that are among the rarest of the early PC's sets, just due to the similarity in the way they look. There are only (2) known subjects in the PC set: Roy Castleton, and Dick Bayless. To my knowledge each postcard is either unique or perhaps there is a second copy known of each but I haven't seen them. Here is the Castleton that I currently own...

Regardless, it is a great piece and I wouldn't mind owning one again.
-Rhett

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Old 08-07-2010, 03:14 PM

Rhett thank you so much for that information, and your postcards are terrific -- now I have to get one!

Terry only decided to break up the set because one of his longtime customers really wanted to buy one card, so then Terry sold me the Sid Smith and indicated he was going to keep one for himself.

Greg
Old 08-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Matt Hall

Rhett, that Atlanta PC is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Yankeefan51

Default Atlanta Crackers

We have collected rare post cards for more than 20 years.

We have only ever seen one Atlanta Crackers Post card offered in auction or for sale, in addition
to the one that Rhett owns and the one that we own. We purchased our copy, Bayles, from Lew Lipset in 1996.

The set that Terry had was stunning. We were so pleased that we were able to pick up an example in excellent to mint condition.

At the show we picked up a number of extraordinary items, several of which were hidden behind dealer tables. Whilst we are not at liberty to disclose all of acquisitions (do to a deal with the sellers). However. we also acquired the only Rose Post Card ever Graded 7 by PSA

Hope each of you had a great show!

Bruce Dorskind
bdorskind@dorskindgroup.com
America's Toughest Want

The world's leading buyer of ultra rare, high condition baseball cards, postcards, advertising signs and memorabilia

Last edited by Yankeefan51; 08-07-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Bruce, mine also originated from Lew as well. He sold this same Castleton pc in an auction of his, then a few years later (I believe) he rec'd it back from that same buyer on consignment and I purchased it, so I believe there is still only one of each player known (but I may be mistaken as I wouldn't doubt someone has something hidden in an old time collection somewhere), however I doubt very much at the time of issue that they chose only Castleton and Bayless so at least at that time they likely produced more subjects, if any survived to the present day is another matter.

Also, if you wouldn't mind checking your Bayless I have suspected that these originally came with rounded corners, if you could confirm that that would be great.

-Rhett

just fyi, the Columbus, OH team PC is pictured above only to show size difference of the Atlanta PC to a "normal sized" PC.

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562

Last edited by rhettyeakley; 08-07-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeefan51 View Post
At the show we picked up a number of extraordinary items, several of which were hidden behind dealer tables. Whilst we are not at liberty to disclose all of acquisitions (do to a deal with the sellers). However. we also acquired the only Rose Post Card ever Graded 7 by PSA
Bruce- I'm confused, are you saying that the cards/items you purchased were intentionally hidden from sight by the sellers so no one else would see them but they showed them to you? Or, are you saying that you stumbled upon them behind the tables and the sellers didn't have them displayed for sale? That seems like a strange way to do business. It also seems strange that the sellers wouldn't want anyone to find out they sold to you.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Tony N.

Default Just wondering

Does anyone remember seeing either a Boston Store or Collins Mccarthy Joe Jackson card for sale at the National?

Thanks,
Tony
Old 08-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Pup6913

Tony there was a Joe j garter in and auction. Other than that none others were found there. Only one t204 brown found but in a set of ramleys
Old 08-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Tony N.

Default Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
Tony there was a Joe j garter in and auction. Other than that none others were found there. Only one t204 brown found but in a set of ramleys
Andrew,

I really appreciate you taking the time to look for some items on not only my wantlist, but cards for other fellow board members as well. Great job.

Tony
Old 08-07-2010, 09:34 PM
T0dd M@rcum

Good day...but I didn't get to meet Leon. Picked up about 20 t206s for my set...not really sure how i did $ wise...probably wlll work out ok. Had a great day, though, really enjoyed myself.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by e107collector View Post
Does anyone remember seeing either a Boston Store or Collins Mccarthy Joe Jackson card for sale at the National?

Thanks,
Tony
Tony -- no on both of these cards. Also, as Andrew pointed out and I noted the other day, some of the best cards were for sale only within the entire set. There were some incredible sets to be had -- for large dollars.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Tony -- no on both of these cards. Also, as Andrew pointed out and I noted the other day, some of the best cards were for sale only within the entire set. There were some incredible sets to be had -- for large dollars.
You forgot to ask what they had behind the table.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:46 PM

I was in Washington DC a few days with my family. I got to go over to the show on thursday. Didn't know what to expect since my last National was in Ohio in the mid 1990's. I went over the whole show in about 6 hours, but not in major detail. There was a huge amount of cards.

Had a few pickups including Cobb(T206), Chesbro, Mantle, Williams.

The prices varied greatly from one table to the next. Some were very expensive. Example was I found some Orient Theatre cards at over $1000 each.

Did get to the Brockelman/Luckey table early on and met a few Net54 members including Leon. Members I met were very nice.

One interesting table was the SPORTING NEWS COLLECTION table, where there seemed to be an endless numbers of photographs, Type 1 and 2. Did acquire the Type 1 shown below.

Overall, was a good experience. Hope to go back next year.

Frank

Last edited by joeadcock; 08-07-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:52 PM

Sorry. Here are the photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img167.jpg (77.5 KB, 908 views)
File Type: jpg img168.jpg (70.3 KB, 898 views)
Old 08-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
You forgot to ask what they had behind the table.
Yes, I found that many of the dealers purposely did not take out their expensive cards at the National so as not to sell them. I mean it's not like they were going to a once a year event which was centered around four and a half days of selling cards.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Larry Harris
Banned

part 1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2864.jpg (72.2 KB, 859 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2865.jpg (70.7 KB, 860 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2866.jpg (72.2 KB, 852 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2867.jpg (69.5 KB, 857 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2868.jpg (65.9 KB, 853 views)
Old 08-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Larry Harris
Banned

part 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2869.jpg (70.8 KB, 856 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2870.jpg (71.5 KB, 857 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2871.jpg (79.5 KB, 859 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2872.jpg (65.7 KB, 858 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2873.jpg (71.0 KB, 852 views)
Old 08-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Larry Harris
Banned

part 3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2874.jpg (66.4 KB, 849 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2875.jpg (74.8 KB, 848 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2863.jpg (74.2 KB, 845 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2806.jpg (75.8 KB, 847 views)

Last edited by lharri3600; 08-07-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:08 AM
Pup6913

Quote:
Yes, I found that many of the dealers purposely did not take out their expensive cards at the National so as not to sell them. I mean it's not like they were going to a once a year event which was centered around four and a half days of selling cards.

Yes I agree 100%. Most of the good stuff I found came from the shoebox in the closet type deal. I had to just about talk the shirt off a guy for one of my buddies card but he save a boat load of $$$$ just because I asked about a list of cards. Handed him a list, asked if he had anything on there. He spotted something from the look on his face and then said well I dont think I have anything for you from this list. I asked what he spotted on the list and to let me atleast see the cards. Out came a small box and within 30 min I secured a card from a very needed set for him. Called him up, he came back and got the card and knocked the biggest card from his list for about $650 less than the others in the show. Everybody was happy.

I am glad that I was Lucky enough to attend this year. I am glad that I was able to find some great stuff also for the guys not able to be here and got some amazing deals. They were there but you had to ask and be stubborn in negotiations to get cards at market $$$.

I will be posting pics on monday when I get back. Have a great weekend and safe returns guys.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:03 AM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
... Out came a small box and within 30 min I secured a card from a very needed set for him. Called him up, he came back and got the card and knocked the biggest card from his list for about $650 less than the others in the show. Everybody was happy.
Are you sure the seller is OK with you talking about it? Publicly? On a message board?

I've heard that many sellers are using a new strategy that involves NOT TELLING paying customers what they have, or if it's for sale, and, if they do sell something requiring buyers to sign confidentiality agreements. Some sort of back-door marketing.

Of course, this information is very difficult to verify. Only ultra-high collectors, of penultimate items are supposed to be aware of this policy. Apparently, if the dealers reduce their sales low enough, this becomes some kind of a high end tax dodge.

This is a strategy only taught at the finest Ivy League institutions, and even then, only to those with tenure, who graduate Magna Cum Laude. This is not to be tried by sorted, red neck, community college alumni!

Sincerely,

Archive

Last edited by Jim VB; 08-08-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:45 AM

Default t206 printers scrap

HELLO ALL,
i would have loved to meet most of you
Great posts and pics!!unfortunately i couldn't make it and looks like a blast...i was wondering if any dealers had t206 printers scraps for sale??just curious, that would have been my focus...was there any sightings???

Trae thanks for looking....Jantz, did u make it??

Peace

Johnny