NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-16-2018, 11:52 AM
N
Banned

Default Full Disclosure and Public Apology, Regarding T206 Reproductions Sold on Ebay in Feb.

Net54 members and all,

Before I communicate the following words, I wanted to let you know that this is NJ Dunkin, posting regarding a mistake I made a few weeks’ past. I made some counterfeit T206 reproductions to sell on eBay, but instead of making clear that these were fakes, I made the area of authenticity very gray. I recognize this as immoral, deceptive, and misleading.

Here is a link to one of the four auctions in question:

Abbatchio Uzit

I seek forgiveness for three things:
1) My actions were wrong. I recognize this and apologize for it.
2) I was confronted about this on Facebook (Tobacco Row) and stretched the truth in order to paint myself in a better light. I seek forgiveness for deceiving Facebook and board members alike.
3) I should have posted this publicly as soon as it happened, yet I delayed in posting to try and preserve my self-image and reputation.

I realize that this whole situation and how I handled it was wrong, and that I have no excuse for my actions.

I have reserved post #2 for the full details of the story. I wrote this out about a week ago. The details of the story below are the truth, but you do not have to read them or even read further than this sentence. I know the last thing I deserve is your forgiveness, but I felt led to communicate this to you knowing that it was wrong to carry on without associating myself publicly with my actions.

Thank you to the board and Facebook members for the encouragement to take this step.

Noah "NJ" Dunkin

Last edited by njdunkin1; 04-16-2018 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:52 AM
N
Banned

Posting story...
-I made a few T206 reproductions as I had in the past and posted them on eBay to make a few bucks, circa February 13th of this year.
-However, this time I made my listings very gray regarding authenticity and provenance of the cards.
-I thought at the time it would be a cool thing to do to perhaps earn a few more bids. I willingly chose to use an alternate account and I since recognize that as deceptive and wrong (changed username for clarification. current name: njdunkin_2, previous name: katie5831)
-The auction went on; I realized the final day that I was going to be out of town and couldn’t ship the cards to the winning bidder(s), so I tried to cancel the auctions in hopes of relisting the auctions later.
-The first two (Magee and Doyle) didn’t have any bids, so those could cancel with no issues.
-In contrast, the Abbatchio and Cobb each had bids, so I couldn’t cancel. Instead of facing up to the buyer and being straightforward, I tried to bid and win my own cards with my purchasing account (username: njdunkin_1). I did not and would not shill my own auctions to earn a higher bid.
-It backfired. Turns out the buyer had a higher bid than both of mine on the cards, causing him to win both.
-I was in trouble, but the buyer did not end up paying. Shamefully, I opened unpaid cases instead of just cancelling the auctions.
-Nothing really happened and I didn't dwell on this until a friend spoke with me via email with righteous rebuke, pointing out the wrong that I had done. Ashamedly, I didn’t think twice about it until his email, and I saw that he was completely right. Through his words, I could see that I had done wrong and needed make reparations with the people involved as best I could (thank you K).
-However, even more to my shame today, I thought I could postpone making things right or even bury my wrongdoing with time.
-Fast forward to joining Tobacco Row on Facebook (this would be very late March, early April); I received an inquiry about this situation. I was so embarrassed, but I was set on trying to make myself look better and cover up my actions. I made up lies and tried to make myself look better by stretching the truth.
-Deservedly, I’m removed from the FB group as members uncover the truth of the story
-Completely ashamed, I didn't sleep well and dwelled on this almost constantly during this past few weeks' time.
-Through the encouragement of a close friend, I sought forgiveness of those whom were directly affected by my actions (M and D on FB, along with the eBay buyer.)
-I made contact with the eBay buyer and called eBay to remove the unpaid item strikes and apologized to him. I committed to sending out his cards and did so last Tuesday (tracking: 9405509699938375223352)
- This opportunity has been orchestrated to humble me, and I'm thankful for that today.

Thank you for reading this, and again, I am so, so sorry for the grief that I’ve caused you. My actions were wrong and I realize what this has done to my fellowship with much, if not all of the T206, FB, + N54 community.

-Noah "NJ" Dunkin

Last edited by njdunkin1; 04-16-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:00 PM
pete ullman

what...no "god bless?"

JK

Last edited by ullmandds; 04-16-2018 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:14 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Didn’t you already apologize for some other shanagians you were up to when you first signed up?
Old 04-16-2018, 12:16 PM
C@rl P@rk

Surprising and disappointing. You seem like an earnest young man and this seems very out of character, but I guess that's the problem with only seeing interactions on a message board. Thanks for telling the story and owning up to it, but this is pretty lousy behavior. EDITED TO ADD: Hope it would've been worth the $50 to destroy your reputation amongst what is generally a great group of knowledgeable and helpful collectors.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by KingFisk; 04-16-2018 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:22 PM
Jeff Lar.son

There's way too much shadiness in all of that to really believe you're sorry for anything other than being caught. Even your effort to make T206 reproductions and sell them as reprints is illegal, regardless if you identify them as reprint or not.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:23 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Bye Felicia
Old 04-16-2018, 12:44 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

I would sometimes make middle-of-the-night phone calls to ex-girlfriends...
Old 04-16-2018, 12:50 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batpig View Post
There's way too much shadiness in all of that to really believe you're sorry for anything other than being caught. Even your effort to make T206 reproductions and sell them as reprints is illegal, regardless if you identify them as reprint or not.
I agree ,I use to have a friend when I was young that would screw everyone over in different ways. Then when he gets called out on it he would apologize. It seemed like he was always apologizing and getting accepted back in to the friend
Group. Eventually everyone got sick of the guy and stopped talking to him. He then started to give people money and personal items to try to win there favor. Wasn’t long until the cops got him for some stupid stuff.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:51 PM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Derivative.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:10 PM
Jeff Lar.son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiemonster View Post
I agree ,I use to have a friend when I was young that would screw everyone over in different ways. Then when he gets called out on it he would apologize. It seemed like he was always apologizing and getting accepted back in to the friend
Group. Eventually everyone got sick of the guy and stopped talking to him. He then started to give people money and personal items to try to win there favor. Wasn’t long until the cops got him for some stupid stuff.
I had almost exactly the same experience with a "friend". He ended up doing some jail time for selling things on eBay that he didn't actually have.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:11 PM
Barry Sloate

Plus you misspelled Abbaticchio. Add that to your list of transgressions.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:14 PM
Bob Andrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdunkin1 View Post
Posting story...
buyer had a higher bid than both of mine on the cards, causing him to win both.
-I was in trouble, but the buyer did not end up paying. Shamefully, I opened unpaid cases instead of just cancelling the auctions.........
-Noah "NJ" Dunkin
Am I reading this right? The winning bidder didn't pay for your fake cards and you opened a case on him/her?

That's pretty ballsy.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:15 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by commishbob View Post
Am I reading this right? The winning bidder didn't pay for your fake cards and you opened a case on him/her?

That's pretty ballsy.
LOl. Indeed. What balls. How dare you rip me off when I'm trying to rip you off.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 04-16-2018 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:22 PM
N
Banned

Thank you for the responses so far.

I know that my post will affect my communication and connection with many of this board's members, forever. I deserve this fully. For what it's worth, this was most certainly not worth anything that I thought could be gained from my actions.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:25 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Plus you misspelled Abbaticchio. Add that to your list of transgressions.

and in addition to your other transgressions, Mr Berkowitz, you insist on using dangling participles
Old 04-16-2018, 01:33 PM
David L.

Wow. Maybe now would be a good time to take a hiatus and try to reset your moral compass a bit.

Quote:
Net54 members and all,

Before I communicate the following words, I wanted to let you know that this is NJ Dunkin, posting regarding a mistake I made a few weeks’ past. I made some counterfeit T206 reproductions to sell on eBay, but instead of making clear that these were fakes, I made the area of authenticity very gray. I recognize this as immoral, deceptive, and misleading.

Abbatchio Uzit

2) I was confronted about this on Facebook (Tobacco Row) and stretched the truth in order to paint myself in a better light. I seek forgiveness for deceiving Facebook and board members alike.
3) I should have posted this publicly as soon as it happened, yet I delayed in posting to try and preserve my self-image and reputation.

I realize that this whole situation and how I handled it was wrong, and that I have no excuse for my actions.

I have reserved post #2 for the full details of the story. I wrote this out about a week ago. The details of the story below are the truth, but you do not have to read them or even read further than this sentence. I know the last thing I deserve is your forgiveness, but I felt led to communicate this to you knowing that it was wrong to carry on without associating myself publicly with my actions.

Thank you to the board and Facebook members for the encouragement to take this step.

Noah "NJ" Dunkin

Quote:
Posting story...
-I made a few T206 reproductions as I had in the past and posted them on eBay to make a few bucks, circa February 13th of this year.
-However, this time I made my listings very gray regarding authenticity and provenance of the cards.
-I thought at the time it would be a cool thing to do to perhaps earn a few more bids. I willingly chose to use an alternate account and I since recognize that as deceptive and wrong (changed username for clarification. current name: njdunkin_2, previous name: katie5831)
-The auction went on; I realized the final day that I was going to be out of town and couldn’t ship the cards to the winning bidder(s), so I tried to cancel the auctions in hopes of relisting the auctions later.
-The first two (Magee and Doyle) didn’t have any bids, so those could cancel with no issues.
-In contrast, the Abbatchio and Cobb each had bids, so I couldn’t cancel. Instead of facing up to the buyer and being straightforward, I tried to bid and win my own cards with my purchasing account (username: njdunkin_1). I did not and would not shill my own auctions to earn a higher bid.
-It backfired. Turns out the buyer had a higher bid than both of mine on the cards, causing him to win both.
-I was in trouble, but the buyer did not end up paying. Shamefully, I opened unpaid cases instead of just cancelling the auctions.
-Nothing really happened and I didn't dwell on this until a friend spoke with me via email with righteous rebuke, pointing out the wrong that I had done. Ashamedly, I didn’t think twice about it until his email, and I saw that he was completely right. Through his words, I could see that I had done wrong and needed make reparations with the people involved as best I could (thank you K).
-However, even more to my shame today, I thought I could postpone making things right or even bury my wrongdoing with time.
-Fast forward to joining Tobacco Row on Facebook (this would be very late March, early April); I received an inquiry about this situation. I was so embarrassed, but I was set on trying to make myself look better and cover up my actions. I made up lies and tried to make myself look better by stretching the truth.
-Deservedly, I’m removed from the FB group as members uncover the truth of the story
-Completely ashamed, I didn't sleep well and dwelled on this almost constantly during this past few weeks' time.
-Through the encouragement of a close friend, I sought forgiveness of those whom were directly affected by my actions (M and D on FB, along with the eBay buyer.)
-I made contact with the eBay buyer and called eBay to remove the unpaid item strikes and apologized to him. I committed to sending out his cards and did so last Tuesday (tracking: 9405509699938375223352)
- This opportunity has been orchestrated to humble me, and I'm thankful for that today.

Thank you for reading this, and again, I am so, so sorry for the grief that I’ve caused you. My actions were wrong and I realize what this has done to my fellowship with much, if not all of the T206, FB, + N54 community.

-Noah "NJ" Dunkin
Old 04-16-2018, 01:35 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

Gotta say, truly disappointing reading this. I remember when you first joined the board and the genuine excitement you seemed to have in both learning from and being a part of this community.

Yes, you eventually came clean, but only after some pure shadiness. Learn from this and move on, but remember that while many WILL forgive, they will NOT forget.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:49 PM
Kyle May

... And it's 1... 2... 3 strikes you're out at the old, ball game!

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 04-16-2018, 01:54 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
Gotta say, truly disappointing reading this. I remember when you first joined the board and the genuine excitement you seemed to have in both learning from and being a part of this community.

Yes, you eventually came clean, but only after some pure shadiness. Learn from this and move on, but remember that while many WILL forgive, they will NOT forget.
+1. This is a hobby. It is supposed to be fun.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:55 PM
James

i believe you skipped chapter 1 in the "How to Commit Fraud for Dummies" handbook. it's titled, "When Committing Fraud, Don't Use Your Real Name." maybe you didn't...

i agree with the other posters who said the series of things you are ashamed about are over too long a time span, and happened too repeatedly, to feel truly contrite. you kinda conned some people out of a small amount of money, but the buyers of those cards might have been buying with the intent of conning someone else.

if you are sincere about your misgivings you have the choice whether to try and not repeat your actions in the future...same as all the rest of us who are human.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:56 PM
Jeff

Man, I don't know if you can ever come back from this one. Printing off rare back T206 cards from your printer and selling them on ebay is worse than the T206 buyback scam exposed here a while back... at least the buyer that was getting scammed was getting a real card. Your printed T206 cards are ludicrous.
Jeff

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 04-16-2018, 01:56 PM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Reproduction

Quote:
Net54 members and all,

Abbatchio Uzit

Noah "NJ" Dunkin
By clicking the link only I see the words reproduction. I would see that as a buyer, not knowing T206, as a flag to not bid/buy. That's what I look for. Unless you added the reproduction part of the description later/after the auction began then I don't see much to complain about. Again I have not read everything because I have had great dealings with NJ and saw the disclaimer of "reproduction".
Old 04-16-2018, 02:03 PM
Peter Spaeth

found a few t cards, this one is a nice uzit. tough to find

placed next to an authentic waddell in 3rd image. you decide.

selling as reproduction per ebay.

This suggests he found the card not made it. And it suggests he is only selling it as a repro because ebay makes him but he isn't sure, "You decide."

BS.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:07 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
... And it's 1... 2... 3 strikes you're out at the old, ball game!
Very well done. Or, to use the internet acronym, AMF.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:07 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_l View Post
Wow. Maybe now would be a good time to take a hiatus and try to reset your moral compass a bit.
I'd suggest a permanent hiatus from this boand. Scammers like you are not needed here. It's bad enough we have to deal with them in the hobby.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:09 PM
Mark Medlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradedcardman View Post
By clicking the link only I see the words reproduction. I would see that as a buyer, not knowing T206, as a flag to not bid/buy. That's what I look for. Unless you added the reproduction part of the description later/after the auction began then I don't see much to complain about. Again I have not read everything because I have had great dealings with NJ and saw the disclaimer of "reproduction".
Here is his admission from post #2 on this thread:

However, this time I made my listings very gray regarding authenticity and provenance of the cards.

That is pretty clear. He also said this:

He says he wouldn’t shill, but I believe his actions are shilling.

Mark Medlin
Old 04-16-2018, 02:20 PM
Joshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I'd suggest a permanent hiatus from this boand. Scammers like you are not needed here. It's bad enough we have to deal with them in the hobby.
+1

I hear you wanting to come clean, but that was after you were caught right?

Sorry NJ but I agree with Jesse. Were all human but zero tolerance for this stuff. Like another board member said, this is about having fun. And this hurts our hobby.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:27 PM

Im a forgiving type but this type of bull$hit is happening way to often on ebay/othe sights and this board is a kind of shelter from that type of non sense. I trust the members on this forum to be straight up and honest the first time not when they are busted for doing the wrong things and then apologizing once they are caught.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:46 PM
C@rl P@rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinbulldog View Post
I love that movie. Never found a big audience back then and sadly overlooked these days. Nice reference.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2018, 02:55 PM
pete ullman

all joking aside...it'll be tough to recover from such a flub...but it can be done. Some will never forgive...many others will forget. But It WILL take years of being an upstanding member of society...I mean net54.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:03 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Noah, pretty much all of the other posters have been very hard on you, but you are good in my book. Everyone makes mistakes, even bad ones. It's how we handle ourselves afterwards that measure our true character. Stay true to yourself even in rough times.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:22 PM

Default Conover, WI?

The OP listed his home as Conover, WI in his fraudulent listing.

I'm curious if this is a bogus location as well since it truly appears the Con is Over!

Patrick
Old 04-16-2018, 03:24 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
Noah, pretty much all of the other posters have been very hard on you, but you are good in my book. Everyone makes mistakes, even bad ones. It's how we handle ourselves afterwards that measure our true character. Stay true to yourself even in rough times.
But it’s what you do when no one is looking that proves your integrity. Without integrity what is character?

I don’t think anyone has been hard on him. I do think his shill of justice is a joke. Then to open a case about it . That’s the worst part. Not printing some lame t206 reprints. It never stopped until he got busted. No character or integrity in sight.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:25 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

Man, this sucks.

I wanted to believe in you. You came on here all howdy doody-like with a cartoon avatar, calling everyone "Mr.," and loving your beater commons. I loved the purity of your collecting. It seemed genuine. But you now seem as fake as your cards. You knew what you were doing here.

My advice, for what it's worth: take a break, gather yourself, and come back when the time is right. But leave the little boy-schtick in the past. Plenty of other people have come back from worse as this sh*t seems to sadly be the status quo in this glorious hobby of ours. I truly wish you the best.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:29 PM
C@rl P@rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
all joking aside...it'll be tough to recover from such a flub...but it can be done. Some will never forgive...many others will forget. But It WILL take years of being an upstanding member of society...I mean net54.
Agreed, Pete, and for me it is going to be extremely hard to forgive and/or forget this one, and that's 100% attributable to the way NJ had carried himself on this board since his first forgiven transgression a few years ago (on the BST). The unfailingly polite, aw shucks, "Thanks, Mr. (insert name here)," sweet-natured enthusiasm really duped me, even though I had a less than great personal experience with him once (way, way down on the transgression list - he simply didn't get back to me after telling me he was interested in a card and then not responding to me after I quoted a price. Not a big deal at all, just kind of annoying). It's now just really tough to square that nice kid with the person that pulled off a scam and only came clean by his own admission after being prodded. I'm glad he admitted everything - I wish more scammers would do so - but I hate the feeling I have about being had by NJ's squeaky-clean kid act.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:39 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

So after opening an unpaid on ebay did you turn yourself in to the local police?

That would show an intent to change...and be believable...
Old 04-16-2018, 03:42 PM
N
Banned

Thanks to all who have posted. I've read each response thoroughly and have been in discussion with Leon.

Without revealing too much personal information, I'm still in high school and am in the learning process about a lot of things. I'm not saying this as an excuse, but (for example) each time I addressed someone by their first name, it was genuine and it was how I was raised.

These actions of mine are not a proper example of how I was raised and on what moral grounds I'm being taught to live by. I again apologize to each member affected by this; it wasn't just foolishness, I acted out stupidly and arrogantly.

I've spoken with Leon; I'm going to take a break for a little while and gather myself.

I appreciate all of the feedback as I'm going to spend some time under the leadership of wise council and trusted adults in my life.

NJ Dunkin

Last edited by njdunkin1; 04-16-2018 at 03:46 PM. Reason: I made a grammar mistake (these actions is)
Old 04-16-2018, 03:49 PM
€dw@rd Sk€£t0n

Not to discount what any of you guys have said, but dude, those are the worst looking fakes I have ever seen. By far. Other than that, you did wrong, but don't let it define you. The guys are being justifiably hard on you, but this is not the end of your world. Learn from this, and grow to be a better person. I always liked the saying that until you hit rock bottom you don't know how far it is to the top. Now is the time to make the change.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 04-16-2018, 03:52 PM
Lar.ry Buch.heim

Quote:
I'm still in high school and am in the learning process about a lot of things.
"The eBay User Agreement requires that members be at least 18 years."

User ID
Effective Date
End Date

njdunkin_2
Apr-16-18
Present

katie5831
Mar-20-17
Apr-16-18

njdunkin1
Jan-14-17
Mar-20-17

k*******1
Jan-01-05
Jan-14-17

Last edited by PiratesWS1979; 04-16-2018 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:53 PM
Tony

Quote:
Thanks to all who have posted. I've read each response thoroughly and have been in discussion with Leon.

Without revealing too much personal information, I'm still in high school and am in the learning process about a lot of things. I'm not saying this as an excuse, but (for example) each time I addressed someone by their first name, it was genuine and it was how I was raised.

These actions of mine are not a proper example of how I was raised and on what moral grounds I'm being taught to live by. I again apologize to each member affected by this; it wasn't just foolishness, I acted out stupidly and arrogantly.

I've spoken with Leon; I'm going to take a break for a little while and gather myself.

I appreciate all of the feedback as I'm going to spend some time under the leadership of wise council and trusted adults in my life.

NJ Dunkin

Dude;

I certainly have made my share of mistakes; To err is human, to forgive is divine, but to fraud is unforgivable {as in intentional act to deceive}. You seem responsible enough to admit you made a mistake. My advice, learn from this life lesson and realize your reputation is worth a lot more than a few $. In a small niche marketplace; you will be better off overcharging for the right stuff {if you have to} than to sell a fake product. I think it's a good idea to reflect on this and maybe even return any money, even at a loss if you have to. {although I am not your father} Good luck in the future and remember when you lie once, you usually have to lie multiple times to cover the original lie. Start with the truth...................it's much easier. I do admire your sincerity, if it's real, though.

Last edited by cardsnstuff; 04-16-2018 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:53 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiemonster View Post
But it’s what you do when no one is looking that proves your integrity. Without integrity what is character?

I don’t think anyone has been hard on him. I do think his shill of justice is a joke. Then to open a case about it . That’s the worst part. Not printing some lame t206 reprints. It never stopped until he got busted. No character or integrity in sight.
He made a mistake. He fessed up. This isn't like Candiman auctions where they are trying to sell more junk. Probably, he should be suspended or banned from BST, and he should avoid giving his opinions in ethical threads. However, I see no reason why he shouldn't collect and participate in the hobby.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:55 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesWS1979 View Post
"The eBay User Agreement requires that members be at least 18 years."

User ID
Effective Date
End Date

njdunkin_2
Apr-16-18
Present

katie5831
Mar-20-17
Apr-16-18

njdunkin1
Jan-14-17
Mar-20-17

k*******1
Jan-01-05
Jan-14-17
Yeah, I just saw that as well. "Member since: Jan-01-05" ???? (I have a guess though)

Last edited by tschock; 04-16-2018 at 03:57 PM. Reason: modified
Old 04-16-2018, 03:57 PM
pete ullman

Heaven knows the trouble I'd have gotten into when I was a young man if the internet existed as it does today. Dunkin...take this to heart...learn from it...you'll be ok...hopefully.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:59 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Heaven knows the trouble I'd have gotten into when I was a young man if the internet existed as it does today. Dunkin...take this to heart...learn from it...you'll be ok...hopefully.
+ (pick a number)
Old 04-16-2018, 03:59 PM
Howard Chasser

Default and another thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdmtx View Post
Here is his admission from post #2 on this thread:

However, this time I made my listings very gray regarding authenticity and provenance of the cards.

That is pretty clear. He also said this:

He says he wouldn’t shill, but I believe his actions are shilling.

Mark Medlin
He said he wanted to "win" his own auctions to chop off the head of the snake, but then has perfect opportunity to just keep them when the bidder didn't pay. Instead he chose to open a case against.....something doesn't make sense about that.

Regarding accountability and apology - it takes a lot to publicly step up and be accountable - good for you (sincerely). First and foremost when you "act in a way you know to be wrong (and I believe you knew this as you were doing it) - you violate your own integrity - something much more difficult to forgive than the forgiveness you seek here.

I was not harmed by you and have nothing invested here - I hope your words and intent are true - first and foremost for you. I am sure that while some may forgive, as stated by others - many (myself included) would not choose to do business with you.

Act right and show yourself and others that you can. Honestly wishing you all the best.

Howard
Old 04-16-2018, 04:01 PM
€dw@rd Sk€£t0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
Yeah, I just saw that as well. "Member since: Jan-01-05" ???? (I have a guess though)
Yeah, that needs some explaining. How old were you when you joined eBay? Obviously under the "must be 18" rule. Since that was 13 years ago, and you are in high school, you must of been what, 3 or 4?

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 04-16-2018, 04:10 PM
N
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjs View Post
Yeah, that needs some explaining. How old were you when you joined eBay? Obviously under the "must be 18" rule. Since that was 13 years ago, and you are in high school, you must of been what, 3 or 4?
I can attest to this; It's my folks' account (hence "katie")

If you'll look at the original name and first name change, you'll see it coincided not too long after I began buying cards.

NJ Dunkin

Edit: this is likely my last post to answer any residual questions in conclusion before my suspension. thank you to all who have responded.

Last edited by njdunkin1; 04-16-2018 at 04:38 PM. Reason: edited to add name and last part
Old 04-16-2018, 04:47 PM
Sam Lemoine

Forgiven dude. Put it in the past. Be a stand up person here from now on and you'll eventually get credibility back. None here can claim to have been 100% honest for their entire lives. It is how you learn and grow from it. Good luck.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:17 PM
Tony Colacino

Default Well

I guess I don't understand. Actions have consequences. This young man made a conscientious effort to deceive, for financial profit. Not only that, but he is technically under his parent's jurisdiction, yes? He made an effort to deceive people of their hard earned money, their time, and their love of collecting. I have no idea why his continued presence here would be justifiable.

Ban.

Tony