NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-10-2017, 09:17 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Default eBay member realdealsportsli

Does anybody know this seller? I purchased a 1985 Topps Dwight Gooden auto from him last month, paid for it, but it never arrived. The tracking number shows delivered, but it wasn't. I just figured it got lost in the mail and I didn't bother to contact the seller because it did show delivered and I figured I would lose a PayPal case if I'd opened one.

Well, tonight, the seller has the same card listed. Same card, same serial number, different scans. I just contacted him, so I'll wait to hear what he has to say, but he's real close to getting negged.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-TOPP-6...72.m2749.l2648

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-TOPPS-...D/162787601351
Old 12-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Peter Spaeth

Other than that, how was the deal?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:32 PM

Just file an item not received, leave neg. He obviously sold for too little in his opinion.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:33 AM
Scott S

Weird about the tracking number showing delivered - dumb question but I assume the tracking number references your city?
Old 12-11-2017, 06:16 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Same as Scooter729 -
according to my son who is a supervisor if the tracking number shows delivery it was delivered someplace - so double check the tracking number and see where.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:22 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Yeah, the tracking really threw me off. The number is 9400109699937081033306 and it shows as delivered to my zip code.

On the other hand, I've been having a lot of problems with my carrier lately. I have things that show as delivered and they don't show up until the next day. - some even a couple/few days later.

Either way, the seller can't claim they accidentally relisted it. It's obviously the same card, but the second time they provided a more clearer scan.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:49 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy
On the other hand, I've been having a lot of problems with my carrier lately. I have things that show as delivered and they don't show up until the next day. - some even a couple/few days later.
This happens when you have a carrier who doesn’t want to get “dinged” by their supervisor and scans all their packages as being delivered.......
Old 12-11-2017, 06:55 AM
Peter Spaeth

So if the seller never sent it, how does it scan as delivered? Or if he sent it but it was misscanned as delivered to you, how did it end up back with him?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:09 AM

I had a package "delivered" Saturday that clearly was not. The last time this happened, it was delivered to house #40 instead of my #48. No idea where the current package is yet.

Successful sales transactions with jamorton215, gorditadogg, myerburg311, TAFKADixie, jimq16415, Thromdog, CardPadre
Old 12-11-2017, 07:10 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Well what is weird now is second listing was sold to someone else! For $15...
Old 12-11-2017, 07:29 AM
Scott S

So, the package made its way to the destination and was marked as delivered. Then, somehow it got re-routed back to the seller. Seller probably checks and sees the package is marked as delivered, and uses this opportunity to take the dishonest route and re-list the item, committing the Costanza-esque party foul of a double dip, all for a lousy extra $13 after fees.

PayPal claim may go nowhere (or it may, thanks to dishonest seller's poor decision to immediately re-list same item with a new pic). But at least neg him for it, and be happy it was a low-dollar item.....

Last edited by scooter729; 12-11-2017 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:35 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Maybe it is time to go to your PO and speak to a supervisor.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:49 AM
Al Richter

If I sold the item and it did come back to me after it was shown as delivered, might I think the buyer had rejected it, and that is why I got it back. And would I then think the buyer had reneged on the deal, put the card back up and wait for buyer to explain what happened in considering any refund amount.

Of course, that could all be pure fantasy
Old 12-11-2017, 08:18 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default tracking

All of the PO scanners now have GPS, so a supervisor can tell exactly where and when the delivered scan was made. It takes about 2 minutes for the supervisor to track the package, export the info into google maps, and see the exact location of the package when it was scanned. You can even tell if the package was delivered to the front door, or put in the garage, etc.

I would look it up for you, but I retired two weeks ago () so I no longer have access to the Postal Service info.

It is very easy for a clerk or Supervisor or Postmaster to look this up for you.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:21 AM
James
James Kin.chen

Take a screen shot of both auctions before the pictures are deleted.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:49 AM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
I would look it up for you, but I retired two weeks ago () so I no longer have access to the Postal Service info.Rick
Congrats Rick !
Old 12-12-2017, 12:23 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Thanks for the replies.

Congrats, Rick, on your retirement.

I opened a PayPal case and unfortunately lost because it shows as delivered. I called them to plead my case over the phone, but it fell on deaf ears. As long as it shows as delivered, the seller wins. It wasn't a large amount, only $25, but its the principle of the matter. This seller chose to tarnish their reputation and get a neg over a $25 item.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:31 PM

Sometimes sellers post the same image for multiple cards. I've bought cards before that aren't the card in the picture, but the same card otherwise. It's a lazy way of doing business but what can you expect from some people.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:59 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Sometimes sellers post the same image for multiple cards. I've bought cards before that aren't the card in the picture, but the same card otherwise. It's a lazy way of doing business but what can you expect from some people.
It's a different image in the relisting. Same card, same serial number. In the first listing (the one I won), the image was slightly blurry. For the re-listing, he re-scanned it with a better image.

My last option is filing a mail fraud case with USPS. I've already talked to my local post office and they assured me that it would be investigated. In fact, they were the only ones that seemed to understand and care. PayPal didn't give a crap as long as it showed as delivered.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg good 1.jpg (77.9 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg gOOD 2.jpg (74.7 KB, 174 views)
Old 12-12-2017, 02:16 PM
James
James Kin.chen

Can you file a claim with eBay?
James
Old 12-12-2017, 04:35 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
All of the PO scanners now have GPS, so a supervisor can tell exactly where and when the delivered scan was made. It takes about 2 minutes for the supervisor to track the package, export the info into google maps, and see the exact location of the package when it was scanned. You can even tell if the package was delivered to the front door, or put in the garage, etc.

I would look it up for you, but I retired two weeks ago () so I no longer have access to the Postal Service info.

It is very easy for a clerk or Supervisor or Postmaster to look this up for you.

Rick
Allow me to second this. My wife worked for the USPS and taught me how to resolve issues.

Call or go into the Post Office and ask for a delivery supervisor. Be nice and respectful, acknowledge you know they are busy and ask for their help. Going in hot and pissy is not the best route to get results.

And anything can happen. There was a postal delivery guy in Montgomery, AL that got arrested because they found he was taking mail home and burning it. He couldn't keep up, was needing help and was nearing the end of his initial 90 days, and all of a sudden started finishing his route an hour early and was helping others. A few people saw him putting his mail bag in his truck before going back in the office a few times and reported him. About 3 weeks later the Postal Inspector went to his home and found he had dug a 5-6' deep pit in his back yard and was burning everything. I guess he was at least smart enough to deliver the tracked packages and take home the magazines and other stamped mail.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:40 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
Can you file a claim with eBay?
James
He could, but if it shows as delivered in the zip code you live in (or even a nearby zipcode) ebay will side with the seller. If the seller cared enough, he could even call ebay and have the negative removed.

Some buyers in David's spot would open a NAD claim and send back some local air to the seller...once it shows as delivered back to the seller, they would receive their refund. After relisting the identical item, the seller is not likely to fight the case against him.