NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-19-2006, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Default Mr. Mint - Alan Rosen

Posted By: t205

Any new Mr. Mint stories you may have...

Old 03-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

I have to say in the few times I have met him, I have not had any problems with him. I also have to add for the record that I have not bought anything from him via auction or sold anything to him. There is no particular reason for this lack of a transaction history.

Old 03-19-2006, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Clarke

Actually, funny you should bring this topic up... I was at my parents house tonight sitting around watching the NCAA games. My Dad asked me when and where Nationals were going to be this year. I told him he should come out for a show and do me a favor. Take my Boston Store Set (ungraded) in a showbox to Mr. Mint's table and see what the offer would be... Then let him know that you are going to get 4 other dealers appraisals as well before you sold. Then you will see how demanding and rude he can become. I've heard he refers to all the other dealers as STIFFS and noone pays more then he does.. But Noone would know that since all his offers are cash on the spot and if you walk away all bets are off the table. If unsuspecting people did not walk blindly into shows Mr Mint would be in another industry... Just my opinion..

JC

Old 03-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Evanov

Mint typically sets up near the entrance at shows so he can get first dibs on stuff walking in the door.

Frank

Old 03-20-2006, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jackgoodman

But is Mr. Mint such a big draw, that every promoter, every year, gives him the table at the front of the room? Just always wondered about that. I'm certain there are many more dealers with equal long-standing attendance at the National. Why aren't they afforded the front table?

Old 03-20-2006, 07:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay

T205-Before you set up a thread meant to slam someone else I think you should identify yourself.

Old 03-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Pennsylvania Ted

JAY

DITTO.....from me, too.....We have beaten this subject into the
ground many times over. It's O/T and these type of Threads just
draw all the "oxygen" away from meaningful BB card discussions.

Old 03-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

I'm sure Rosne doesn't get put right at the entrance becuase promotoers want to put him there. More like he pays a premium to be able to set up there. I can't imagine a promoter passing up getting extra money as I am sure numerous dealers would be willing to pay extra to be able to set up in that location.

At the National last year, his table location was far from prime. I was only there for one day, but I never once saw him at his table.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 03-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Clarke

From what I hear... He has his following of dealers who he passes down all his KILLS from.. I think the only way to describe it is like a PYRAMID. Many dealers rely on him to do their buys during a show.. If all the dealers come together and have one hitman.. Then it is pretty easy to pay high premiums for placement. I would love to know all the companies that support Mr. Mint for certain reasons of my own... I know of two companies which I will NOT support, but I elect not to share info as that would hurt their REP and really start an ugly debate.. I think in my blessing tonight I will ask for EBAY to continue to grow and for show promotors to do the right thing and keep certain PREDITORS away from the front door where un-suspecting PREY don't get KILLED. Just my opinion....

Old 03-21-2006, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Well, I am back after a 4 day work related leave from the board. Glad to see all is going fairly well, except maybe the one '55 Topps thread, which another moderator squashed/locked (thanks). I pretty much ignore Mr.Mint when I see him at the Nationals. I have enough grief without starting more although I do sort of like JC's idea....in a devious sort of way. Since the thread has already started and had responses it can go on, however if you post in this thread, we either need to know your handle or you need to put your full name, per the board rules. Thanks much....

Old 03-21-2006, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob

Heck, there might some posts here stating Al rosen is now a really a wonderful guy. That he pays the most and sells for less. Right?

Old 03-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

I saw them in action at a show in SF. I watched him buy a big 1950s deal from a walk-in for $5,300 (this was 15 years ago). He then split the deal into two pieces and sent it to 2 other dealers for $3k each. They split the cards again and send them to 4 dealers for $1,800. I recognized the cards in some dealers' cases and one of them was chatty and told me what had transpired.

Old 03-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

We have never established who T205 is. Has the board changed so people can post in anonymity?

Old 03-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Zach Rice

T205 is an interesting fellow. Last night he came into the chat wondering how much his near set of T205s would be worth, he also mentioned that he owned 2 Broadleafs. He then came back on another name, something like Turner15 a few minutes later and asked if anyone had a near t205 set for sale and he mentioned that he had two Broadleafs. When asked about if he was the other guy he ignored it then later said he was and he was using the Turner15 ID because he was known better on it, when in reality he is not known on either.

Old 03-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam Smith

I have never heard of either T205 or turner15.

Old 03-21-2006, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Read my last post guys.....T205 dude didn't say anything offensive and I put a stop to the anonymity.....

Old 03-22-2006, 02:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

go to psa registry and note a guy with two sets in hjigh range of rank. Then notice on e-bay he lives in Atlanta! just a guess,"Turner"- Atlanta plus T-205s =

http://www.psacard.com/set%5Fregistry/display_rsets.chtml?setid=163&set_name=1911%20T205%20Gold%20Border

just a guess

Old 03-22-2006, 02:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Martin Neal

Bill Latzko has the two highly ranked sets on the PSA set registry. If I am not mistaken, he also has two t206 sets on the registry. He is very active, both buying and selling, and is pretty knowledgable about t205 pricing.
Maybe t205 dude is Mr. Mint!

Old 03-22-2006, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T205

I was the one who posted "Any New Mr. Mint Stories" but still dont'want to say my name.

First I said nothing offensive or wrong..... just a little payback from 3 years ago was offended by Mr. Mint.
I

Here is my story:

3 years ago I was 11 years old at the Robert Morris show in Pittsburgh I was having a card raw graded. When I got my card back (a Mickey Mantle jersey card from 2002 Upper Deck Piece of History) Mr. Mint was standing there and wanted to see what it was.
He said "those kinds of cards are crap kid"

I was hurt.

Sorry for the message but I enjoyed seeing the other stories. My dad helped me fix the situation here. Once again sorry. I am still collecting.... crap and t205's
thank you . No wonder people my age don't buy that much. This is the end of this line for me.

Old 03-22-2006, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: ScottIngold

Understandable.....if this was said in seriousness to my son Mr Mint would have more to worry about than some negative posts.
From what i understand he is really a bottom feeder. Just the sight of him at the fort show usually leaves a bad taste. Of course he is the first thing you see upon entering.