NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 08-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Banned

The whole thread started over heritage with two dumb ali signed photos and they are still up after well over a week of heritage being aware of it. that doesnt concern anybody but hos does. all roads lead to rome and all threads lead to hos.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Belltown Vintage

Travis, one more thing, and this might help illustrate the point several of us have tried to make:

I have been to your 'Autograph Planet' website. I have also been to HOS. I go to HOS rarely, but there are times when a search brings it up and I can't help myself, and so I read the information presented. It's often very helpful information, but I will not follow HOS regularly because of who the messenger is.

Basically, I sometimes LIKE the message, but I don't respect the messenger - that's exactly the opposite of what you claim we do.

Are you understanding yet how helpful it would be for you to actually read what we write here?

Your site, on the other hand, has very little that interests me. So basically, I don't dislike the messenger (you), but the content doesn't do anything for me so I rarely go there. integrity is important to some of us. You might be an angry guy who doesn't listen, but you are honest and go about your business honestly (I assume). Nash was dishonest, and as far as I know, he still is. So you get a chance, he doesn't. It's pretty simple.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Are you understanding yet how helpful it would be for you to actually read what we write here?
He reads it.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:11 AM
Banned

http://sports.ha.com/c/video.zx?src=...rgeries-072811

check it out, this is rich, 1:55 mark,

yeah i have seen some forgeries too, right on your boxing listings, two muhammad ali operation bullpen fakes you have known about for several days now, how about taking them off?

oh man!

Last edited by travrosty; 08-26-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
The whole thread started over heritage with two dumb ali signed photos and they are still up after well over a week of heritage being aware of it. that doesnt concern anybody but hos does. all roads lead to rome and all threads lead to hos.
Bidding for the item in the link starts in October. I'm sure HA is waiting for some TPA to tell them it is good or bad before taking further action. From the history being presented in this thread, it seems the one thing that certainly WON'T happen is that they take it down based on your word.

And, no, this doesn't really concern me on any level.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Old 08-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Dan Bretta

I'm apologizing to Shelly...I certainly can take my sarcasm and online meanness too far and I did that in this thread and for that I am sorry.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Belltown Vintage

Two nice guys.

It's amazing to me how much better the entire autograph sub-forum is doing lately. Up until recently I think I've had at least one fight with everyone here, except maybe Travis, who refuses to fight with me
Old 08-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
This is hilarious coming from someone who does not allow any dissent at all on his own website. Why won't you allow Chris or Steve to sign up for your forum? You ever had a post on Net54 deleted? Have you ever been silenced here? You've overplayed your McCarthyism card, time to turn to Nazi Germany.
Travis Roste and his wife Nora Roste won't even explain why they rejected my membership over at "The Planet," but at the same time Travis is free to express his views here on Net54.

But obviously over at "The Planet" those unwritten rules of free expression are not allowed by Travis & Nora Roste.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:53 PM
James Wymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Travis Roste and his wife Nora Roste won't even explain why they rejected my membership over at "The Planet," but at the same time Travis is free to express his views here on Net54.

But obviously over at "The Planet" those unwritten rules of free expression are not allowed by Travis & Nora Roste.
Chris a bit of advice leave Nora out of this. Your feud is with Travis you know I am not trying to come down on you Chris, but just consider what I said and I know you will see it more clearly.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 08-26-2013, 04:07 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wymers Auction View Post
Chris a bit of advice leave Nora out of this. Your feud is with Travis you know I am not trying to come down on you Chris, but just consider what I said and I know you will see it more clearly.
Nora Roste is the owner, James.

The following is posted on her (AutographPlanet) website:

If you ever have any concerns about the site, please let me know as I am the chief in charge of the show.

So did Mrs. Roste reject my membership, or was it rejected on the advice (or demand) from Travis or Todd Mueller?

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 08-26-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Jim, you are correct. It is wrong to bring in anyone's faimly. There is the problem that she is the head of the Company. I still think Travis should answere but he has put her in a reall bad position
Old 08-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
Jim, you are correct. It is wrong to bring in anyone's faimly. There is the problem that she is the head of the Company. I still think Travis should answere but he has put her in a reall bad position
She appears to have an active role in the website though.

---------------------------------
Hello, welcome to my planet. I am Nora Roste and I created Autograph Planet for your enjoyment. I am your hostess ready to help you in your wonderful journey of collecting autographs. I have given my husband Travis, the boxing guy, the task of adminstering the site, so I can more easily help you with your collecting needs. You will be hearing from both of us a lot, and let me know how we can help you here at Autograph Planet.

I am originally from Philippines, which is on the other side of Autograph Planet, ha, but we have our celebrities there, too. Most notably Manny Pacquiao, but also billiards legend Efren Reyes and Americans who have Filipino heritage such as DWTS Cheryl Burke, and Tia Carrere, Phoebe Cates, Lou Diamond Philips and a lot more.

I have a lot of entertainment and collecting interests and it will be fun to learn yours! You will be seeing more posts from me and my sidekick, that's my husband, as we travel together on this spinning globe we call the Autograph Planet. Mabuhay!
-----------------------------------
Old 08-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Correct, Shelly. Mrs. Roste announced "I am Nora Roste and I created Autograph Planet for your enjoyment."

All I want to know is why my membership was rejected.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:09 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Correct, Shelly. Mrs. Roste announced "I am Nora Roste and I created Autograph Planet for your enjoyment."

Sounds like a fair question to me.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:

Then preface your question with: "Travis, I think PSA and DNA are the worst things since unsliced bread. What are your thoughts? Oh, and why was my Planet membership rejected?"

You'll at least get a response to half of your post.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:37 PM
James Wymer

Quote:

I see your point Chris, Dan, and Shelly. I tried to state my concern politely as I have much respect for Chris. You are right fair question Leon. Chris certainly not wanting to start trouble here, but without the back story you can see why I would say that. I have never been to that website I get plenty of Travis on here. I actually like Travis just fine, but that small dig was to easy to avoid and rather harmless. Thanks for clearing this up for me guys.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:41 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
I see your point Chris, Dan, and Shelly. I tried to state my concern politely as I have much respect for Chris. You are right fair question Leon. Chris certainly not wanting to start trouble here, but without the back story you can see why I would say that. I have never been to that website I get plenty of Travis on here. I actually like Travis just fine, but that small dig was to easy to avoid and rather harmless. Thanks for clearing this up for me guys.

Hey James
You haven't been on the board a long, long time. Just so you know, I have absolutely 0 tolerance for anyone bringing any family members into any discussions in a negative, or close to negative way. I am very protective in this area. If anyone wants to get immediately kicked off of the board just give it a go. So I think we are on the same page in how we feel. That being said, She is one of the owners of that site, so in a respectful way should be fair game. Chris was/is respectful and the question was certainly fair, as you agreed. I just wanted to reiterate my feelings on bringing any family members into discussions for those who may not know.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:04 PM
James Wymer

Hey that is cool Leon. I think all of us are gentlemen and agree on this topic. Chris and I get along very well I knew I could ask the question without offending him.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:15 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Hey James
You haven't been on the board a long, long time. Just so you know, I have absolutely 0 tolerance for anyone bringing any family members into any discussions in a negative, or close to negative way. I am very protective in this area. If anyone wants to get immediately kicked off of the board just give it a go. So I think we are on the same page in how we feel. That being said, She is one of the owners of that site, so in a respectful way should be fair game. Chris was/is respectful and the question was certainly fair, as you agreed. I just wanted to reiterate my feelings on bringing any family members into discussions for those who may not know.
I, too, have ZERO tolerance for anyone bringing family members into these forums.

But Mrs. Roste is the "Owner" of AutographPlanet.

All I want to know is why my membership was rejected and by who (Travis, Nora, or Mueller)?
Old 08-26-2013, 06:23 PM
Dan Bretta

Let me see if I have my facts straight here...Travis comes to Net54 daily, spouts off about whatever he wants to regarding PSA/DNA, JSA, and auction houses..never once having a single word he's written stricken from the record, yet constantly accuses us of McCarthyism. He's also been demanding Heritage come here and tell him why he was banned from their auctions.

Meanwhile he runs a web forum that does not allow dissent, and won't tell Chris why he is "banned" from his website.

This is hilarious.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:28 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Let me see if I have my facts straight here...Travis comes to Net54 daily, spouts off about whatever he wants to regarding PSA/DNA, JSA, and auction houses..never once having a single word he's written stricken from the record, yet constantly accuses us of McCarthyism. He's also been demanding Heritage come here and tell him why he was banned from their auctions.

Meanwhile he runs a web forum that does not allow dissent, and won't tell Chris why he is "banned" from his website.

This is hilarious.
Actually, Dan, I believe the correct adjective is "Orwellian."

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 08-26-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Let us be totaly honest. This is Autograph Alert. Steve can not have his own site so he uses the same team. I give you a topic and if you dont agree you not here anymore. I would just say that I wish Travis and his faimly well.
On a seperate note. You really are a coward and I do feel bad for your better half.
Travis, there is a Woody Alen movie called the front. You should whatch it. Look at the ending over and over and you will find out who and what you should be.
www.imdb.com/title/tt0074554/‎

Last edited by shelly; 08-26-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:58 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Then preface your question with: "Travis, I think PSA and DNA are the worst things since unsliced bread. What are your thoughts? Oh, and why was my Planet membership rejected?"

You'll at least get a response to half of your post.
I just might do that, Scott.....
Old 08-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Leon, can' Travis have his wife sign up? I would think she would be a lot better person to talk about that site than Travis. It seems to me the person that owns it and runs can tell us why some people can belong and others can't
Old 08-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Leon, can' Travis have his wife sign up? I would think she would be a lot better person to talk about that site than Travis. It seems to me the person that owns it and runs can tell us why some people can belong and others can't
Anyone can sign up. No one has ever not been approved upon original registration. Peter Nash could even sign up .
Old 08-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Anyone can sign up. No one has ever not been approved upon original registration. Peter Nash could even sign up .
Leon. who is that
Old 08-27-2013, 04:59 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
I think that's a great idea.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:07 AM
Steve Zarelli

Shame on Travis for putting his wife in a terrible position if it is indeed true that other people are controlling what goes on at his(?) site.

Just another example of very poor judgement.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
Shame on Travis for putting his wife in a terrible position if it is indeed true that other people are controlling what goes on at his(?) site.

Just another example of very poor judgement.
Agreed.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:14 PM
Christopher Williams

I sincerely hope that Mrs. Roste wasn't put in that position to act as some kind of shield from criticism.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:29 PM
Christopher Williams

I wonder what would happen if, out-of-the-blue, Leon decided to ban Travis?

That would never happen, of course, but what would Travis, and his buddies, like Mueller, comment, if Travis was banned from Net54?
Old 08-27-2013, 05:59 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
I wonder what would happen if, out-of-the-blue, Leon decided to ban Travis?

That would never happen, of course, but what would Travis, and his buddies, like Mueller, comment, if Travis was banned from Net54?
Kind of a "if a tree falls in the woods" sort of question...?
Old 08-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
Yes, Lance, kind of......
Old 08-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

There is no reason to ban him. He doesnt say anything
Old 08-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Christopher Williams

The silence from Travis is deafening..........

Maybe Travis will start another deflection thread.....
Old 08-28-2013, 07:55 AM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

Isn't freedom of speech a great thing......even if you don't like what someone has to say...or someone doesnt like what you say.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Leon. who is that
Peter Nash is Prime Minister Pete Nice of 3rd Bass. Here he is preforming on stage July 2013 in Brooklyn, first show in 13 years, see link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aijf-nq1Zgk

Hope you do well Peter because you owe a lot of people money. Maybe you should write a new song about pleading the fifth since you have firsthand experience. You can give some words of wisdom about how you got the gas face by pleading the fifth dozens of times in a civil lawsuit. I have a suggestion for you write something about your life experiences on your Hauls of Shame website such as your “American Baseball Archives and Wax Museum” in Cooperstown, NY that you used to own in 1995 & 1996. Your “American Baseball Archives and Wax Museum” had a large collection of old trophy balls and very interesting artifacts and memorabilia on display such as that 1853 Knickerbockers Trophy Ball that was given to Henry Chadwick, now subject to the lawsuit between Corey Shanus and Robert Lifson. Where did you get all those items on display at the wax museum? It’s time to tell all Peter Nash! After all you own the Hauls of Shame website. We want to know the truth! What about the 1854 Trophy Ball you had on display at the wax museum and then you sold it for $72,050 back in 1996 which was a record selling price at the time and now that same 1854 Trophy Ball is on permanent display at the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY. MastroNet wrote in there description that the 1854 Trophy ball is similar in color and lettering to the 1853 Trophy Ball that Corey Shanus bought for $161,992 in 2003. Mr. Nash, where did you get these items from? Corey Shanus should depose you and put you in the hot seat! What about the 1903 World Series baseball once owned by Cy Young and donated to the Brooklyn Elks Lodge #22 that you sold in 1994 and was recently sold by Legendary Auctions for $65,000. Where did you get that 1903 World Series baseball that was owned by the Brooklyn Elks #22? See Link:

http://www.legendaryauctions.com/Lot...y-Winning-Pitc

I noticed some of the items that you sold have BPOE No. 22 stamped on it meaning (Brooklyn Elks Lodge 22 of the Benevolent Protective Order of Elks). For example the Henry Chadwick cabinet card you sold in 2007 on the back of the cabinet photo it is stamped with BPOE No. 22, see link:

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/.../2004/470.html

It’s interesting to note that Henry Chadwick belonged to Brooklyn Elks No. 22 and so did Abe Yager the sports writer that took over Henry Chadwick position at the Brooklyn Daily Eagle. Henry Chadwick’s cabinet card you sold has Yager’s name written on it and Brooklyn daily Eagle. Where did you get these items from? Why did Cy Young donate his 1903 World Series Baseball to the Brooklyn Elks No. 22 in 1953? Is it because this Elks club had a baseball collection and you bought it? Mr. Nash you go into extreme details about the items you write about on Your Hauls of Shame website so please write about the items mentioned here that you once owned. Intriguing minds would love to know the history of these items. If anybody else would like to know more about Peter Nash here’s a couple of links:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ite...tax-returns-ov

Peter Nash will be preforming with 3rd Bass at Warm Fest 2013 on Sept 2, Broad Ripple Park between 3:15 - 4:00pm Indianapolis, Indiana.

http://lineup.warmfest.org/events/2013/09/02/

Rob.ert Fra.ser

Last edited by Leon; 08-28-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: added name per rules
Old 08-28-2013, 01:49 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Sunny,it was a joke.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Wayne Walker

Great post, Robert! Interesting stuff, for sure.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

All right....a comeback tour!

Last edited by Big Dave; 08-28-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
What a long and exciting first post Mr Fraser.......and whom.are you working for?
He might be the sports editor for the Daily News.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:31 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Wow...I just posted a thread about the 3rd Bass thing...had no idea...I guess a reunion tour was necessary...
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 08-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
If an autograph is authenticated and no one is there to whine...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 08-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
He might be the sports editor for the Daily News.
I know who Mr. Fra*ser is.

I loved his first post.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:00 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
It's common to get slammed on here for liking anything hos has on their site. they jump on you for being a pal or buddy or whatever of hos or nash, this is to deflect from the stories he's uncovered, stories you won't find in the hobby publications, the stories they don't dare run. Trying to paint someone guilty by association or trying to embarrass someone to stop information or criticism from getting out is deplorable and a version of that is what they did in the 1950's on a much bigger scale and you know what it was called. It is practiced with one of its goals to stop or restrict dissent/criticism.

If someone doesn't like hos or nash, fine, no problem, but to point to others and say you can't read, believe, enjoy, or agree with what is posted less you be the "bad guy" is ridiculous and it should stop. I disagree with several on this board, but never tell them they can't be acquaintances or friends with whoever they want, i never tell them shouldn't believe whatever they want, I only tell them when I believe they are wrong or disagree with their opinion. But hos touches a nerve so you get the firing squad every time you mention them.

What I don't understand is if people have a problem with what HOS writes, simply rebut and provide your argument against what he writes if what he is writing is incorrect. When I call out a boxing autograph and say that abc or xyz wrongly authenticated something, I provide proof, show side by side and dissect, analyze the differences to prove my point, but I don't see anti-hos people doing that. It is always shoot the messenger.
What I don't understand, Travis, is that no one has a problem with you expressing yourself freely here on Net54, but on your (and Nora Roste) own website you have "selective membership."

Why is that, Travis?

Is it because you don't want me to post critical comments about your buddy Todd Mueller?

Is it because you want your (and Mrs. Roste) website free of controversy?

Just give me a honest answer, Travis.

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 08-28-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Christopher Williams

The owners of "The Planet" wrote "The Roste's have teamed up to give you the full autograph collecting experience without the problems of infighting that is prevalent elsewhere."

Are you and your wife referring to Net54, Travis?

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 08-28-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:13 PM

Should be "problems of infighting that are prevalent..."

Gotta fix that.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:09 PM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
Should be "problems of infighting that are prevalent..."

Gotta fix that.
Not necessarily. It might be the problems that ARE prevalent because of comparatively rare infighting, or the infighting that IS prevalent because of the occurance of said problems.

I be an an inglish teachman.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:55 PM

It is, without a doubt, "problems are prevalent." In his sentence, prevalent describes the problems, not the infighting.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

I would wonder if someone did not agree with them what would happen