NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: dan mckee

Just to inform the community that over a month after Robert made his post about me that I have still not received the item, $10 refund, nor a lousy white receipt that every post office gives you when you mail something showing city and State. Too funny.

Old 12-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: ROBERT ADAMS JR

It is not too funny , it is kinda creepy . Stop emailing me and leave me alone .

Old 12-06-2008, 12:33 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: Bobby Binder

Bobby why don't you either give Dan the card or the money. Is it worth the hassle over $10? Beside everyone here knows Dan is a straight up guy and for the most part liked by the majority of this board. So if you know what is good for you and you want to be in this community then do the right thing.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:48 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

The card is long gone . I sent with 100% refund as usual but it slipped through the cracks . Would have refunded no prob. but the first email I finally saw was " I want you to FN die . " After that nothing was ever gonna happn .

Old 12-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

But I am sure that no one would care if they received an email stating they should FN die and cannot wait to see them at a show .

Old 12-06-2008, 01:55 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: John

No dog in this fight have no idea even what this $10 is about. But I will say that I would be beside myself if Dan ever sent an email of that tone.

That's just a bit to hard to buy Bobby.....

John

Old 12-06-2008, 02:06 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

OH , HE EMAILED , AND HE ADMITTED .

Old 12-06-2008, 02:12 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: Anthony S.

Perhaps Robert Adams Sr. is honest enough to reimburse Dan the $10 his son has cheated him out of?

Old 12-06-2008, 04:21 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: Rob D.

It's worth $10 to me if you boys will stop shooting virtual spitballs at each other. Dan, if you'll e-mail me your address, I'll mail you the money. And please don't say it's not about the money but about principle, because then that means there's no end in sight to these "updates."

Old 12-06-2008, 05:35 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: Eric

"But I am sure that no one would care if they received an email stating they should FN die and cannot wait to see them at a show ."

Even if that's true (that he sent an email wishing you dead), do you believe it? Does that scare you? I'd freakin' laugh about an email like that and say bring it on....I'll see you at the show.

So to answer you, no I wouldn't care.

Dan is a stand up guy, and it's just very tough for any of us to believe that he sent you those emails.

Can you provide proof in the form of a receipt from the post office that you mailed either a refund or the card? How did both get lost? Kind of funny.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:01 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: Jodi Birkholm

This again? I'll give BOTH of you $10 and a piece of brick from George Gibson's barn if we can put this to a rest.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:15 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: Marty Ogelvie

Jodi,

Can i get a brick too? I am always in need of something to myself over the head with after noticing the cards I let slip away.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:25 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: boxingcardman

Even if Dan insulted you (which I frankly have a hard time believing having known him for years happy.gif ), right now what most of the POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS here are taking away from this is that Dan didn't get his card or his money.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Old 12-06-2008, 06:30 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: Steve

Last time here you said you were sorry, and , that the refund
would be sent out. What happened? Also I too do not believe
that Dan did anything more then to imquire about his card in a
gentle manner.

Give it up already Adams.

Steve

Old 12-06-2008, 06:32 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: leon

Dan can be a rascal in a deal but is more honest than the day is long and a good friend. If he said something out of anger it was just that and I don't think he would harm a fly....unless the fly bit him. Give back the $10, Robert, and move on. Life's too short for that kind of crap.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: Frank L.

Hello
I have not been on the forum alot though I have watched it for awhile.

I know Dan because I have won alot via his auctions. He has always been very fair to me and has done a great job. Always a nice person also.
I dont know Mr. Robert Adams but have no reason to doubt his word.

I understand both sides of this. I have been mad(for good and honest reason) and said things out of anger. I have also been on the other end and done what I feel is right, and I wont budge(because I didn't do anything wrong).

I deal with this often in my career, this is part of being human. I believe we should do what is right and foregive one another.

I love Baseball Cards. I am sure so does Dan and Robert. This forum is great. Why dont we all just keep talking about this great hobby of ours.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: Rawn Hill

Well said Frank. Dan sent me a great card just because he knew I would enjoy it and would accept no payment in return. I have done the same for other collectors here. Please keep this great hobby fun.

Rawn

Old 12-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: Jim VB

I've got this idea for a new business model I'm working on.

I will create two distinct Net54 names. I will list and sell cards on the B/S/T (saves fees), but I will only sell to my other identity (saves shipping).

Here's the good part...

I'll never send myself the cards! Then, I'll come on the board and fight with myself, mercilessly, until bleeding heart liberals (hi Rob D. and Jodi!) offer to pay me real money to stop!

I've got a few kinks to work out, but this smells like pure profit!

(On topic, for a second. I've dealt with Dan quite a few times, both in Sports and Non-Sports cards. He's always been great to deal with. Robert, based on your stance here, I can't imagine ever doing a deal with you. Not now anyway. Your job was to get the card to Dan. It didn't happen. Whatever you think you're standing for in principal will cost you way more in the long run. Not to mention, you already said you'd pay him back in the first thread.)

Old 12-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

"Bleeding heart liberal"? Ouch! More like "shut up and eat my Hamilton". happy.gif <-----note smiley

Old 12-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

I second what Jodi wrote. Wholeheartedly. Except for the happy.gif

Best double-play combo ever? E-mail for scans and Bump for price reduction

Old 12-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: Card_Collector

Honestly, there is a professional way to handle every situation and it doesn't sound like this Danny fellow is handling the situation as such. Making threats of any kind to someone is uncalled for, especially on the first attempt to contact someone over the issue. You guys can be as naive as you want to but what reason does he have to lie about having his life threatened? I'm sure he could post a screen capture of the email if he really wanted to, it's not hard. Bottom line is he would have sent the refund if asked for such in a professional manner. We are adults, not kids. If that $10 was so important then you could have asked for it politely. Just for the principle of the whole situation, I would not have sent the money after such unprofessional threats either. How immature to use cuss words and threats of physical violence for $10. Grow up.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

I doubt any of that happened.

Just like 'danny' did not harass Mr.Adam's wife either.

When confronted about that Mr Adams changed his tune if my memory
is correct.

The bottom line is in a previous thread the two talked it out, Mr Adams then
told the forum that he would refund the 10.00 he went back on his word.

His 'trolling' friends can come here all they wish, nothing will change what
really happened.

Disclaimer: I do not know either from Adam.

Steve

Old 12-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: Fred C

Just scanned the thread. Interesting... does this mean that Dan is actually Robert Adams JR or is it that Robert Adam JR is Dan? Do we send the money (to stop this thread) to Dan or Robert Adams JR? Do Dan and Robert Adams JR live in the same house? Perhaps we could try and make this end really nicely. Lets send the money to Robert Adams Jr so that he can send it to Dan. That way it looks like a happy ending. But what happens if Robert Adams JR doesn't give our money to Dan? What happens if Dan (I know this would never happen) says he doesn't receive the money from Robert Adams JR? What happens if Robert Adams JR says he doesn't receive the money from us? This is getting pretty messy now....

edited to add the barfing smiley... I like that icon (thanks LL)

[linked image]

Old 12-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

[linked image]

Old 12-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: leon

The time it took to figure this one out (see title)....and of course the ip's.....'twas a pathetic attempt.

Re: Robert Adams JR - 75.187.233.32 - by login: 1bobbyjr
Re: Robert Adams JR - 75.187.233.32 - by login: Card_Wizard

edited to add- I just decided to let this go but am becoming Cycleback in terms of editing.... happy.gif

Old 12-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I'm guessing Card Wizard is the wife...just going on grammar and spelling.

Old 12-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

.....or the boyfriend.

Not that anything is wrong with that.

Steve

Old 12-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: Dave F

"I'm guessing Card Wizard is the wife...just going on grammar and spelling"

Hmm...maybe Bobby's real name is Kurt Warner. If that is the case it's not the first time his wife has come to his defense. happy.gif

Honestly though this is plain stupid. I hope the $10 was worth Robert ruining his reputation. Dan has to be one of the most respected people in this hobby. He's also been nothing but nice to me.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: quan

not defending the seller or saying he's not at fault or being dishonest here...

but a few years ago i outbidded dan on a $120 e93 on ebay, back in the day when all bidders were shown and your ebay id was still kind of unknown to the board...and he sent me a message through ebay wishing i'd enjoy his card while burning in hell, or suffering a slow death. pretty sure i wasn't the first or last person to get that. just his way of congratulating me on my new purchase i guess.

can someone just paypal somebody $10.50 so we can end this before the new year?

Old 12-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: rand

thats hilarious, not what dan emailed you, the way you wrote it. dan is a friend of mine, but i do think his temper hits the boiling point in an instant. one time i was doing a deal with someone and it didnt work out, i decided not to go through with it, he flew off the handle and emailed me with the threats and so on, i told him to be careful what he wished for. then he was going to show up at my house, well i have kids, so that night i flew from florida to the west coast (california) and showed up at his place.... you never know who you are threatening over the computer, so be careful with what you write. dan has made $100,000's over the years with cards, a stupid $10 trx probably wasnt worth the aggravation factor. life is to short and way to many more important things in the world. i have been taken for $1000's when i first started on ebay, believe me i wanted to C.I.L.L. my landlord, but i didnt want my daughter to grow up without her dad.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

"edited to add- I just decided to let this go but am becoming Cycleback in terms of editing.."

You see, I always thought that David chose his business' name due to a penchant for T-card Cycle backs. Now I have started to wonder if it is more a case of his "cycling back" to edit and re-edit his posts! happy.gif

Old 12-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

so that night i flew from florida to the west coast (california) and showed up at his place...

Yikes, I bet that was a sight.

Steve

Old 12-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: william768

I also had an unpleasant experience with the buyer(Dan) .I had an SGC graded card on ebay which he called out on this board for being skinned. That is 100% fine.The card might have been skinned.I have NO PROBLEM WITH THAT.A couple of guys that i have dealt with on ebay and are board members here alerted me to the thread and that is how i found out about this board. The problem i had was when he sent me an obnoxious ebay message offering me something like 50 or 100 bucks for the " skinned card" when the buy it now was for $400.00.The tone was very obnoxious and i told him i would not sell it to him at any price.He actually ebay messaged me back telling me his offer stood for the " skinned card" and ended the message with a hahahaaha or a LOL.I ended up blocking him from bidding in my auctions.I have been watching this board for a couple of years and have never posted to something petty like this.But since the buyer was getting such high praise i thought i would put in my 2 cents on my experience so that others would see another side.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

May I have an order of cashews, please? Extra salted.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: David Goff

These "cashews" are making me thirsty...

Old 12-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: Zinn

I'm not real sure what the "cashews" reference is to but if it is because you think William 768 is a troll you may want to rethink that.

I've dealt with William 768 on ebay several times and he has outbid me on more than one occasion sad.gif

william768 ( 976)
Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 100% [How is Feedback Percentage calculated?]

Old 12-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: David Goff

No reference here...dont really know him. My comment was geared more towards a Seinfeld line. Jodi should know what I am talking about...sorry for the confusion.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Adams JR

Posted By: dan mckee

I posted this update just to show what kind of a person you would be dealing with if you dealt with Robert. In the other post as mentioned above, he apologized and said he was sending the $10 out. He didn't and never planned on it and it isn't the money, it is the principle.

Please read the other post before trashing me. Over a month after I paid and he left me good feedback for paying, I sent several emails that were completely ignored and left a phone message with his wife and Robert never called back. No communication at all! He didn't even write to say he mailed the card out.

So I sent some crazy nasty emails to see if I could get a response of any kind. Sadly, that is the only time I did. He has received a few emails from me since, all professional and I was very nice to his wife on the phone and she to me.

Yes after being robbed at the 1991 National, and by PSA, and at a Philly show for minor stuff, I do not take kindly to being stolen from in any amount. I even suggested that he just show me the white receipt from the PO that shows the City and State and that would be good enough for me. Lost in the mail happens and it is only $10. His last email stated he threw that away a few seconds out of the Post Office and that no one keeps those things.

Anywho, multiple friendly emails and a friendly phone call were sent with no response at all. The nasty emails were a shot in the dark to get some kind of response back. And as I said, sadly that is the only time he responded.

Most of you know me and have dealt with me, I am just saying to deal with this gent with caution, his communication skills are lacking and he likes to ignore you when there is a problem.

Do I wish him dead? of course not, do I wish any ill will on him? absolutely not. He should have just communicated with me instead of ignoring me. Then he started a post here about me, I didn't bring this garbage to the forum.

Please read the other post before judging my actions.

And this post was just made to inform the community of the type of person you may be dealing with in Robert. He apoligized and said he was sending $10 and then emails me that no one cares about my $10 and that I am an obssessive compulsive idiot.

Well I care about being stolen from in any amount as there are some fairly open wounds from past incidents in this hobby.

I appreciate all of the support but this thread was just meant to be read, no need for discussion. I think the true colors from both parties involved have been shown.

edited to add for Frank: Robert is not being truthful when he stated above that the 1st email he saw was that I hoped he FN died. Those nasty emails were sent well after several pleasant emails asking about the item and well after the phone call to his wife and all were ignored. As stated above, Robert recanted what he said about me when I spoke to his wife. And if I am reading Leon's post correctly, it looks like he tried to troll in to support himself?

Leon you may lock this garbage or delete it. I have made my case.
As Frank stated, let's talk cards. Robert posted about me and I felt the need to explain the facts. Thanks.

Dan