NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 08-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Default Estimates on signed ball from 1955 HOF Induction?

Posted By: Scott Sarian

Hello,

I am trying to get an estimate on what I might expect to get if I were to sell this ball I own. It was signed at the 1955 HOF induction by 8 players: Joe DiMaggio, Jimmie Foxx, Ed Walsh, Ted Lyons, Dazzy Vance, Lefty Grove, Mickey Cochrane and Charlie Gehringer.

The ball is in fantastic shape; it came directly from a former Red Sox scout, from whom I directly obtained the ball 8-10 years ago. I'd hate to part with it but may need some cash by the end of the year. I already have had the ball authenticated by PSA / DNA. If I were to sell it, any preferred auction houses?

I appreciate your thoughts!
Scott

Old 08-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

Well, this one has so much going for it... beautiful ball is in as nice condition as one could ever hope for. The Foxx signature is big and expansive and Vance on his own panel is quite nice as well. Looks like they would all grade "9" or better!

I'll throw an estimate out there... $2,800 + the Auction House's premium. I would go with Lelands or Hunt's. Both are having November Auctions that you can still consign to (I don't believe either deadline has passed).

Mastro is a bit "iffy" right now, with Investigations happening, and REA won't occur until next April. SCP has had issues as well (as reported by a few others in this forum). Avoid at all costs... AMI and Grey Flannel.

Hope this helps...

Old 08-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott S

Thanks Mark; appreciate the info. This has been one of my favorite signed pieces since I obtained it and hope I won't have to part with it, but thanks for the info, should I need to go that route.

Scott

Old 08-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

ball.....just needed Hartnett to have all (4) 1955 inductees.......
I'd bet in the $2000-$3000 range as well. The Vance signature alone on a single panel is a huge plus and that Foxx is absolutely stunning. That'd be a huge piece for anyone's collection.........

Old 08-09-2008, 01:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: George Dreher

That ball won't sell for less than $3500 in an REA auction.