NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Displays

Posted By: Trae R.

Here are some that I have done for myself others - post some of your own!

For anyone interested, I sell the back reprint displays here:
http://www.t206.org/products.php

Old 08-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Displays

Posted By: JimB

Trae made one for me and they look great. I highly recommend them!!! Thanks again Trae.
JimB

Old 08-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Displays

Posted By: Doug Moore

Not in Trae's league, but my own shrine to the great T206.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Displays

Posted By: Steve Murray

there may be some new people here so take a look. (Yes, I know that Evers green portrait is missing )

Old 08-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Displays

Posted By: Ken McMillan

Trea,

I have 10 SGC graded T207 Cubs that I wish to display in black. I have a pennzoni case which I display my e121 yankees in but I want to keep the collections separate. What would you suggest.

Ken

Old 08-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Displays

Posted By: Anonymous

I like that one wall mounted one, in the picture by the pool sticks. Can you e-mail me with info on one like that?

Thanks,

Kirk

Old 08-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Displays

Posted By: Jason L

I hadn't seen that before.
I aspire to something similar, but I'm afriad I remain far short on the HOFer supply...

May I ask how those cards are mounted?

thanks for sharing

Old 08-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Displays

Posted By: Steve Murray

Started with a square piece of plywood. Put down a layer of cotton felt and covered the felt with a black cloth. Arranged the cards and put on the giant acrylic cover. Then screwed it down. The cards just lay there by adhesion. No paste. No tape. No glue. Cards are good as new and can be changed out whenever I want. I will say that a number of the cards in the display have back damage but for purposes of a nice display that doesn't matter.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Displays

looks great. - and I assume you've never had any trouble with cards falling down within the frame? - you just screw it down tight enough and I reckon that won't be a problem...

have you done similar with other segments (subsets) of your collection?
other teams or Cubs of T205, etc? Looks like a great display method

Old 08-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Displays

Jim, thanks!

Doug, I think your display looks great - it's totally "in my league"!

Steve, I'd seen yours before and think it's cool - but didn't recall hearing about it's construction. I'll agree that is pretty handy!

Hi Ken, for just 10 cards I would probably get a small shelf and display the cards (out of the light!!) on small easels. You might also contact Pennzoni and discuss a smaller custom display case.

Hi Kirk, I received an email with a similar request to yours. That case was actually made by Pennzoni, and you can purchase your own here: http://www.displayco.com/wallmounts.htm

Let's see some more displays!

Old 08-31-2007, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Displays

One bump.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Displays

Posted By: KirkM

Thanks for the link, I will definately be getting one of those wall mount ones.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Displays

Hey Kirk,

You will really like the case. I bought mine from the company and they sell on ebay. They are also really reasonable on cost. I have all my Elmer Miller and e121 yankees and t207 cubs in mine. Makes a great display.

Ken

Old 09-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Displays

who have these wall mount dsiplays from Pennozi...how many cards deep can you put slabbed cards?
Could I buy one, and have 20 cards on display and 20 cards right behind them (effectively in storage)???

EDIT: I just called and talked to them...they're designed for only one card deep, do hold SGC, and are displayed such that when hung on the wall, the cards are angled forward/outward, so if you open the case while on the wall, the cards would fall out.

EDIT #2: I am facing a space crunch at my house and will likely be unloading alot of the bulk in my card collection, leaving a small space for cards, and even less display room than ever before, so I am hoping to find a shelf-system display case like these Pennzonis, but one that will lock down, store maybe 2-3 cards deep, and be set such that the cards don't fall forward. Anyone have any ideas for me???

and yes, in case you were wondering, the reason is another child on the way means Dad loses the Study!

Old 09-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Displays

Posted By: E, Daniel

Hi Jason,

I've got three of these Pennzoni's up, and they don't actually angle the cards forward......the problem lies more in the angle of the case itself once placed on the wall. If you use a hook that leans the case away from the wall at the top section - you are in fact creating the outward lean yourself. I've found the solution to be using a series of rubber stoppers/bumpers stuck around lower back of the case which corrects the lean and brings the case more evenly away from the wall.
These cases also use a couple of press studs for closing which hold VERY tightly, and when popping them apart it makes sense to hold the bottom of the case on an angle out from the wall to stop the cards inside from all jumping forward.

Not two or three deep, but pretty nice overall if a contained display is your desire.

Daniel

Old 09-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Displays

Posted By: Joann

Not nearly as fancy or nice as those above, but a different approach that only cost about $25. Three inch picture frames I got on clearance and set up in my office. Can you believe the ratty curtains we still have there? lol. You can tell we are a manufacturer and not a big Wall Street finance company. Suits me fine though.

Joann

Old 09-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Displays

Jason,

the case will hold 30 cards. There is a lip on the inside that would make it difficult to double stack cards however. The front snaps down and when you open, your cards would likely fall out. Multiple cases would be the way to go. They are nice display cases however and the price isn't bad.

ken

Old 09-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Displays

but do these Pennzonis have key locks on them?