NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Default A message from Heritage Auction Galleries

Posted By: Chris Ivy

I am posting this for my good friend Chris at Heritage Auction Galleries. I got to spend some good time with Chris at this last National as we both had the same flight back to Dallas.....I don't know of a nicer guy in the hobby and with their new additions to their sports team, Derek and Lee, they are quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with.

Hello Leon,

Thank you for placing the Heritage banner on the Net 54 board while our current auction is up. I have never posted on the board before, but if you wish to post a quick message we are willing to provide complimentary catalogs to any Net54 board members that wish to have them (Cards or Memorabilia board members). Since the auction closes this weekend, it's probably too late to get them this catalog in time, but we will make sure that they get the Spring catalog. If they want a catalog they can simply email sports@HA.com with their contact info to get on the list. Thanks again.

Regards,

Chris

Old 10-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Is that different from the abridged catalog they sent out which just has lot images but no descriptions?

Old 10-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Leon

If I am not mistaking they have smaller and larger auctions....as some other companies do. I believe their larger ones will have more detailed information in the catalogues... If you have more questions I encourage you to hit their email and ask them....take care

Old 10-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Aaron M.

Just don't complain about Heritage here on N54.

After I won a jersey in one of their auctions that did not have the promised accompanying LOA because it had never actually been authenticated (and was later authenticated as being from a different period that stated than the auction) I complained about it here on N54, so Chris banned me from Heritage auctions (he didn't like that I aired my complaint publicly).

Thankfully, I did end up with refund, but his attitude and treatment was the worst I have ever received from an auction house. And he is hands down the worst individual I have ever dealt with in the hobby.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JimCrandell

Lee Iskowitz is a friend of mine but I think they need to come clean about what went on at Mastro Auctions in terms of preparing cards for grading and crease removal and what their policies are at the new company.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay

Ya gotta love the board--no good deed goes unpunished.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycle

I once received a Heritage catalog and all the text and pictures were upside down, even the covers. I had to stand on my head to read it. Ordinarily that wouldn't be so bad, but I was in the bathtub at the time and nearly drowned.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

"what went on at Mastro Auctions in terms of preparing cards for grading and crease removal"

huh?

Old 10-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

David...LOL...oh the perils of card collecting and auction houses!!

Mike

Old 10-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Thanks for the offer.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul Krause

"Ya gotta love the board--no good deed goes unpunished."

Jay, you must know this very well!

Your Keeler cabinet restoration fiasco featuring Mastro is a net54 classic.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Whew!

Old 10-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

Wow, tough crowd!

Old 10-24-2007, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

They print two versions for their big auctions. The mini-version which most get in the mail, and a full size edition for their best customers. This edition has full descriptions for each item.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rick McQuillan

David, I'm trying hard to NOT visualize you standing on your head in the bathtub.

When I received my Heritage catalog everything was backwards so I had to use a mirror to read it. I was a little disappointed because I bid on a Heine Wagner Bat on Right Shoulder and I received a Heine Bat on Left Shoulder.

Leon, I hope you don't ban people for bad jokes!

Rick

Old 10-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

I love a thread where I can laugh out loud... Thanks, guys.

Jim C wants auction folks to come clean about cleaning cards.

Cycleback didn't drown, just almost.

Rick McQ almost went crosseyed.

This thread is like a lightening rod.

I guess a fella needs to get the auction catalog, send it to the cleaners before reading it, then put their glasses on upside down before trying to read the catalog in the shower. That way we'll all be safe.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:56 AM

Aaron M.

I had a similar experience.
Chris Ivy is arrogant.
When I had a customer service issue with Heritage he said "If you escalate the matter then we will no longer do business with you."
Old 10-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Aaron M

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonanalytic View Post
Aaron M.

I had a similar experience.
Chris Ivy is arrogant.
When I had a customer service issue with Heritage he said "If you escalate the matter then we will no longer do business with you."
Aaron M is banned from this board for being an ass. It had nothing to do with this tirade or his comments about Heritage. I told him in a private email, when we moved to this board s/w, that he better be cool (again, something totally different than Heritage) or I wouldn't let him on the board. He told me "too late, I already registered". I told him "you are banned"......

You can say your piece about them but you better move on at some point. This is not going to be a place where every day you are posting your same rant. Just a word of caution.....
Old 10-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Barry Sloate

Why is gordonanalytic allowed to rant like this anonymously?
Old 10-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Why is gordonanalytic allowed to rant like this anonymously?

Good point....

andrew gordon
Old 10-09-2010, 10:23 AM

I have found Heritage Auctions to be very user friendly and their customer service, whenever I have won cards, has been great. I think they have come a long way in the last 3 years and I have no hesitation on bidding in their various auctions.
Just my 2 cents.
tbob
Old 10-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Peter Spaeth

I am looking at threads from 2006 to revive as we speak...

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Barry Sloate

Thanks Leon. I still maintain that when people are anonymous they say any outrageous thing they want. When their name is out there they will behave more respectfully.

Last edited by barrysloate; 10-09-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Clayton

Wow-this was a strange one to wake up to

I must admit I'm confused-is Aaron M.(who posted in Oct.2007) really gordonanalytic (Andrew Gordon) reviving this archived thread and responding to himself (under different screenname)?

Maybe I just need more coffee

Clayton
Old 10-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default no, I don't think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetwoohsix View Post
Wow-this was a strange one to wake up to

I must admit I'm confused-is Aaron M.(who posted in Oct.2007) really gordonanalytic (Andrew Gordon) reviving this archived thread and responding to himself (under different screenname)?

Maybe I just need more coffee

Clayton
No, Andrew Gordon is not Aaron M, as far as I know. Aaron M reminds me of the other 2-4 people (real people as opposed to trolls) that have been banned in the last 5 yrs. They just wouldn't let things go, even after warnings, and their sh** to equity ratio on the board was very poor. As for reviving the old thread, that is a common tactic of disgruntled people/customers. There isn't a technical rule against it but it shouldn't be done too frequently. New threads should be started, generally speaking. When the banners ads went up on this board, around 3 yrs ago, the biggest controversy was over "protection" of advertisers. While I know most personally, and consider them to be friends, I won't "protect them", and don't, as it would make the forum less effective. From those that have been on here long enough you probably won't see a lot of disagreement with what I am saying. There is a fine line between one's rights and one's responsibilities when they are part of a community. regards
Old 10-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Clayton

Thanks for the clarification Leon

Clayton
Old 10-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Tom Boblitt

I've bid for a long time with Heritage and their aictions are top notch. Their website works perfectly and their shipping practices are second to none. The have routinely shipped items before they are paid for and they are one of the few houses that will let you use a credit card. This poster or ressurector is stirring stuff up on the main page since he couldn't get things going out of control on the memorabilia page. I'm not overly jazzed with Heritages bidding on their own items but it appears they do it in a responsible way to eliminate impropriety. Plus Pete Calderon is at Heritage and is a top notch guy......
Old 10-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Matt Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I am looking at threads from 2006 to revive as we speak...
It's always tempting... and funny when it happens.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

I've never had a problem with Heritage either and other than the arrogance shown on the memorabilia side of this forum I think they handle their customer relations pretty well. I would simply caution you all that just because an auction house sends your cards quickly, packages them well, has a user-friendly internet presence, etc. does not mean that the company is ethically or legally clean. I'm not referring at all to Heritage, obviously, but as an example, Mastro was the best in the business in packaging, shipping, etc., while at the same time robbing us all blind. Just don't confuse apples with oranges.