NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-15-2013, 04:36 PM
J@son Du.nc@n

Default Another eBay jerk to block

As most know I have been occupied last 3 weeks with recovery of my 15 yo daughter who suffered cardiac arrest at a Royals game on May 23. Literally days before this occured I had sold approximately 8-9 items and a handful got labels mixed up by mistake. Once I had started checking emails while in ICU at children's hospital (about a week later) I had noticed a couple emails stating that they had received wrong items. No big deal. I sent apology email and said I would mail asap once we returned home and refund shipping both ways. Everyone understood, sent cards back etc. This one jerk had also received the wrong items and never sent back the original. I go ahead and mail the correct card once I had returned home almost 3 weeks later. This is what happens today:

pastime08,

You have received negative feedback from etheric5 for:

1955 BOWMAN FRANK GATSKI RC #119 BROWNS EX SHARP! (181143099923).

"wrong item, lost $ shipping item back. Thank you very little for the guilt trip"

Item / Transaction ID: 181143099923 / 1016282083008
Record #: 12750
Item: 1955 BOWMAN FRANK GATSKI RC #119 BROWNS EX SHARP!
Sale Date: Sun May 19 22:02:00 UTC 2013
Contact Name: Da.vid Gib.son (etheric5)
Contact Number: (980) 229-xxxx
Contact Email: localxxxxogrxy@yahoo.com

xx xxxx xxxxxg Ave NW
Concord, NC 28027
United States

Here is a link to the eBay Feedback Revision Request page for your convenience.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...edbackInitiate

For customer privacy, eBay restricts contact details between parties after a transaction ends and a certain amount of time passes. Feedback notifications you recieve without contact data might have transpired after that period, or the counterparty might not have supplied certain information when they signed up to use eBay.
----
Get a .COM pointed at your eBay store!

I respond by emailing him asking him why he did not respond or contact me before leaving me my first negative. Here is his response:
Re:
From Da..vid Gib.son localxxxography@yahoo.comhide details
To ekekela08 ekek.ela08@aol.com

Eat a f***ing bag of dicks. All you had to say was I had a family emergency. I don't f***ing know you, didn't need the details. Was I supposed to wait around forever to figure out what was up? Ball was in your court to tell me something. Way to run a business.

Here is his info:
Buyer details
Buyer User ID etheric5 ( 646 )
Buyer Email localxxxxxraphy@yahoo.com
Email addresses will be displayed
for 45 days after a transaction ends.
Buyer Full Name
Street

City
State / Province
Zip / Postal Code
Country
Phone Number ( ) - ext.:

Fill in buyer's name and address

Optional: Copy and paste your buyer's name and address into the box above. Use the Move buttons to move buyer details back and forth between the box and the form.

Transaction details

Quantity Item # Picture Item Name Price Subtotal
1 181143099923 1955 BOWMAN FRANK GATSKI RC #119 BROWNS EX SHARP!

USPS Delivery Confirmation #: 9400109699939934964485 $20.00 $20.00
Subtotal: $20.00
Shipping & Handling:
Shipping service
Shipping & handling cost$

Shipping service

Shipping service

Shipping service

Shipping Calculator

Sales Tax Rate:
Sales tax option
%
$ 0.00

Also charge sales tax on S&H.

Seller discounts (-) or charges (+):
$

Total: $22.50

Notes to buyer (For example, shipping information or personal message.)

600 characters left.

Cancel

Sale status & notes

Status Summary (Sale Date: May-19-13)
Checkout: May-19-13 Payment Date: May-19-13 Shipment Date: May-20-13
Last email sent: May-20-13 ( 2 ) Feedback sent: No Feedback received: Yes

Payment Information
Payment received on
/ / Paid with
PayPal Transaction Details
Shipping Information

Shipped on
/ / Shipping via
USPS Parcel Select

Tracking # 9400109699939934964485
Shipping label printed on May-20-13
USPS First Class Package
Cost: $1.69

Miscellaneous notes (will not be shown to buyer)

Your cost per item
$ Actual Shipping Cost
$

Notes to yourself

600 characters left.

Cancel

About eBayCommunityAnnouncementsSecurity CenterPoliciesSite MapeBay official timePreview new featuresContact usTell us what you think

Am I out of line to expect better response?

Last edited by Leon; 06-15-2013 at 05:01 PM. Reason: edited out contact info
Old 06-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Banned

nm

Last edited by Rob D.; 06-15-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:19 PM
Ken McMillan

People are just rude. I got a negative one time from a person who emailed about overseas shipping and they were told not to bid as we do not ship outside of USA. We cancelled the auction after he bid and jerk left negative at last possible minute so there was no way to respond. Makes you not want to do EBay. I would think the vulgar language in his email should be enought to get him kicked off of eBay.

Last edited by kmac32; 06-15-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:28 PM
James Wymer

Jason I would send this email to Ebay and I would not be surprised if they would reverse this negative under the circumstances. I no longer sell on Ebay, but I would certainly block that jerk if I did.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 06-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

I too would appeal to Ebay. There is no need for him to respond the way he did to you ( in both instances ), and I believe he is out of line. People just need to be a bit more understanding, things happen in life. You offered to fix whatever went wrong, and that is what I would expect of the seller if I were the buyer. He is being completely unreasonable.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:40 PM
J@son Du.nc@n

Thanks for editing Leon. I copied and pasted the emails before I left on a long awaited date with my wife. I just realized it had his phone # and address on here. Even though he is an ass I do not want to be one as well. One another funny note: Royals called yesterday and talked awhile. They want to mail her a gift and give us a suite at a choice game this season. Assuming we were Royals fans...they asked my daughter who her favorite Royal was. She replied she did not have a favorite Royal but thought Albert Pujols was good. Funny. Anyway a nice gesture from the Royals.

Jason
Old 06-15-2013, 09:58 PM
Eric Shaeffer

Very classy move by the Royals, unlike that jerk on ebay.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:15 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Thanks for the info; another boil on the butt of life blocked.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 06-16-2013, 06:59 PM
octavio ranzola

Feebay is nuts with its rules,that change everyday.I no longer sell or waste my time.net54 rules
Old 06-17-2013, 10:19 AM
J@son Du.nc@n

Well this morning I contacted an eBay rep to discuss removal of feedback as well as suspension for derogatory email sent to me from the seller. I was told that they can no longer use emails as evidence for potential removal or suspension that they cannot use it any longer. I said I will just cancel my store and they were fine with that. So Powerseller getting 20% discount with almost 4000 individual feedback with a $200/mo anchor store and no negatives up to this point.........and they just do not care. For the reason I will be leaving eBay. I need to liquidate most of my inventory so please check B/S/T thread here for a little of everything (I have over 10,000 items in my eBay inventory as of now). I find it easier to view current inventory scanned in eBay right now so will leave it up 2-4 more weeks to try to move privately. I would rather give discounts here privately and remove the listings than give them another cent. Wow. Thanks in advance for the support. Please check B/S/T for details.

Jason
Old 06-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Ken McMillan

They do not listen to reasonable arguments at eBay. It's all about the short term $$$$. If they thought any further ahead for their bottom line, they would do something about this incident and all others like it. It is far too easy for buyers to leave negative feedback with no repercussions. To bad they allow idiots like this to ruin it for everyone. Had this very discussion with an female representative and it's like they do not want to do their job. I buy on eBay on occasion but as to selling, forget it. Good luck on BST here.

Last edited by kmac32; 06-17-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:26 PM

Last edited by howard38; 09-10-2020 at 04:33 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Rob Ruddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonD08 View Post
Well this morning I contacted an eBay rep to discuss removal of feedback as well as suspension for derogatory email sent to me from the seller. I was told that they can no longer use emails as evidence for potential removal or suspension that they cannot use it any longer. I said I will just cancel my store and they were fine with that. So Powerseller getting 20% discount with almost 4000 individual feedback with a $200/mo anchor store and no negatives up to this point.........and they just do not care. For the reason I will be leaving eBay. I need to liquidate most of my inventory so please check B/S/T thread here for a little of everything (I have over 10,000 items in my eBay inventory as of now). I find it easier to view current inventory scanned in eBay right now so will leave it up 2-4 more weeks to try to move privately. I would rather give discounts here privately and remove the listings than give them another cent. Wow. Thanks in advance for the support. Please check B/S/T for details.

Jason
eBay has gotten way too big for its britches. It seems like buyers can get away with almost anything these days. Some negative publicity in the media would look good on them. They may even find the "motivation" to make things right. Its amazing how many companies will do that when they are suddenly placed in the spotlight. Chumps!!!

I hope this all turns out well for you.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Dan Bretta

Some guy in Italy gave me a negative for "Shipping took too long" when the tracking number clearly showed I mailed it one day after he paid. I called ebay to have them remove the negative and they told me it was his opinion. I told the ebay rep that his opinion of next day shipping could hurt my 20% discount (which I don't get anymore anyway because ebay has made that pretty much impossible for large volume/small operation ebayers to achieve). She told me there was nothing she could do about it as it didn't fit their guidelines for removal.

Ebay wants everything to be cookie cutter perfect so they don't have to do any work. They don't want to take the time to do anything for any individual seller no matter how much money they may make their company. I just got my ebay invoice yesterday, my bill is over $2,000 for the last 30 days, and they treat me like I'm the enemy.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:32 PM

Sorry to hear this Jason... ebay just don't seem to give a damn these days...neither obviously does this misguided buyer.

Ricky Y
Old 06-17-2013, 02:53 PM
JB

Default ....................

Bottom line EBAY sucks.........dealt with their waste of time feedback people before, i was more pissed off when i hung up than when i called.

Successful transactions with: HRBAKER, CHADDURBIN,DRDDUET,DOUBLEP,T213, RM444, MJSILVEY80, CHARLIETHEEXTERMINATOR,QUINNSRYCHE,PROFHOLT82,EJST EL,OHIOCARDCOLLECTOR
Old 06-17-2013, 03:22 PM

not only is he a jerk he's also a hack....stole a line from the comedian Louis C.K.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:41 PM
James Wymer

Well Jason just look at it this way that guy has to wake up every morning and face his miserable little self.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 06-17-2013, 04:48 PM
J@son Du.nc@n

All good points guys. I may be venting but not worth the stress or hassle. I am tired of paying $1500-2000/ month in fees (per new fee structure) and sales now down 50+%. Then to throw idiots like this on top of it, just not worth it. Perhaps some auction houses will benefit as well as BST threads here and collectors can save fees and pass deals onto other collectors.

Jason
Old 06-17-2013, 05:15 PM
D@.ve B@.ez

Default Bummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonD08 View Post
All good points guys. I may be venting but not worth the stress or hassle. I am tired of paying $1500-2000/ month in fees (per new fee structure) and sales now down 50+%. Then to throw idiots like this on top of it, just not worth it. Perhaps some auction houses will benefit as well as BST threads here and collectors can save fees and pass deals onto other collectors.

Jason
It's a shame they treat sellers this way. I don't blame you for leaving
Old 06-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Steve Birmingham

There's always Bidstart. Not much vintage card action there, but they will import all your ebay listings, plus if you still run stuff on Ebay they'll synchronize the two sites. Pretty cool, if it sells on either they remove it from the other automatically.

Steve B
Old 06-18-2013, 12:55 AM
Rob Ruddy

Default Bidstart is a non-starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
There's always Bidstart. Not much vintage card action there, but ....

Steve B

Might as well stop you right there. This is a forum for pre-WWII card collectors and Bidstart has little if anything of interest to people that collect this material. Searches on T206 came up with reprints and that Topps garbage from 2002, 2010 and 2011. Qualify the search with 1909, 1909-11 and it came up with zero!!! Zero Obaks, zero C46, zero [insert pre-WWII set of choice].

Bidstart will, sadly, never rival FeeBay.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiedoggy View Post
Might as well stop you right there. This is a forum for pre-WWII card collectors and Bidstart has little if anything of interest to people that collect this material. Searches on T206 came up with reprints and that Topps garbage from 2002, 2010 and 2011. Qualify the search with 1909, 1909-11 and it came up with zero!!! Zero Obaks, zero C46, zero [insert pre-WWII set of choice].

Bidstart will, sadly, never rival FeeBay.
You do know there are other portions of the forum right?

The OP has newer stuff in inventory as well as older stuff, and autographs. Moving it or having a second venue would be useful.

The only reason there's no prewar activity there is because sellers haven't tried it. I'm not sure why, since there's no listing fee for store items, and even without a store the first 50 are free. Only .02 after that and even that is free if over 5% of the items sell. Final value fees are lower too.
http://www.bidstart.com/sitefees.php

I've been inactive as an Ebay seller for a while now, and I'm probably going to start getting back into it. Just maybe not on Ebay.

Steve B
Old 06-18-2013, 10:25 AM

I had a buyer not pay for the longest time. I did not know him either. I waited and sent a few pleasant reminders. My heart said something was wrong. It was on his end. His house was desimated from a flood of the Mississippi. I offered to cancel the sale.A BB card is not what he needs. He paid for it and I shipped it to someone else's address.
A seller once sent me 2 Diamond Star commons i won, along with a Greenberg and an Ott (I needed). I contacted him and sent back the superstars. He was very happy.
For the most part, I find collectors to be nice and honest. Bad surprises happen in our life when we are not planning for them.
All my best to your family Jason.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Rob Ruddy

Quote:
You do know there are other portions of the forum right?

Steve B
Yes I do but this was posted in the Pre-WWII forum.

We have a catch-22 situation. The sellers won't make to move to Bidstart from eBay because there aren't enough potential buyers and there aren't enough potential buyers because there aren't any/enough sellers. Something's got to change but I don't see it happening any time soon. I know of no other on-line auction site that even begins to rival the evil FeeBay.

As I said, they've become the only show in town and can do pretty much whatever they want.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:55 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
So get a bit of a rip for offering a suggestion, but the OP get s a pass even though the problem sale was for a 50's football card?

Ok. I guess.

Quote:
We have a catch-22 situation. The sellers won't make to move to Bidstart from eBay because there aren't enough potential buyers and there aren't enough potential buyers because there aren't any/enough sellers. Something's got to change but I don't see it happening any time soon. I know of no other on-line auction site that even begins to rival the evil FeeBay.

As I said, they've become the only show in town and can do pretty much whatever they want.
The catch 22 is there for sure. With a bit of effort bidstart could really put a dent in Ebay in collectibles categories. They started as Stampwants.com and had backing from some major dealers who were really unhappy with Ebay. At the time a lack of policing frauds was the biggest problem. One that sounds familiar. A lot of mid range dealers moved altogether, the bigger places eventually went to using both. They publicized it by giving out a very expensive stamp as a prize. (The upside down airplane, not a really nice one, but still an awesome prize)

I actually like their site a lot more than Ebays. Especially the feature where you mouse over the picture in the search results and it shows a picture that's a bit larger. When I'm looking for a particular variety I don't have to go to each item.

I'm surprized some dealers don't add it as a venue. With automated migration and management and lower fees it's not such a bad deal.

Steve B
Old 06-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Rob Ruddy

Quote:
So get a bit of a rip for offering a suggestion, but the OP get s a pass even though the problem sale was for a 50's football card?

Ok. I guess.

The catch 22 is there for sure. With a bit of effort bidstart could really put a dent in Ebay in collectibles categories. They started as Stampwants.com and had backing from some major dealers who were really unhappy with Ebay. At the time a lack of policing frauds was the biggest problem. One that sounds familiar. A lot of mid range dealers moved altogether, the bigger places eventually went to using both. They publicized it by giving out a very expensive stamp as a prize. (The upside down airplane, not a really nice one, but still an awesome prize)

I actually like their site a lot more than Ebays. Especially the feature where you mouse over the picture in the search results and it shows a picture that's a bit larger. When I'm looking for a particular variety I don't have to go to each item.

I'm surprized some dealers don't add it as a venue. With automated migration and management and lower fees it's not such a bad deal.

Steve B

I like what I saw there and competition is good. It would take a lot to take away a significant amount of eBay's business though. I'd sell there if I knew enough people would see my stuff. I wonder how much impact there would be if sellers like Probstein and PWCC made the move?

I like today's eBay compared to the early days with all the improvements that have been made. What I don't like is the new attitude. But I guess I'm not alone in that respect.

p.s. Sorry, I wasn't trying to rip you.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
I like what I saw there and competition is good. It would take a lot to take away a significant amount of eBay's business though. I'd sell there if I knew enough people would see my stuff. I wonder how much impact there would be if sellers like Probstein and PWCC made the move?

I like today's eBay compared to the early days with all the improvements that have been made. What I don't like is the new attitude. But I guess I'm not alone in that respect.

p.s. Sorry, I wasn't trying to rip you.
That's cool. I did industrial work right about the time companies started making everyone behave professionally. So I've heard worse either way. I've told my wife a few of the comments that might be made in certain situations and she's usually a bit shocked.

I think if a couple big dealers like PWCC and Probstein got on there they'd get a lot more traction. A lot of the non stamp stuff they have I think is from stamp guys that sell other stuff too.

Steve B
Old 06-19-2013, 03:22 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:

I tried it a year or so ago (at least, I think it was BidStart. Might have been another, but had the same "duplicate all your eBay listings for free" deal). Went to the trouble of figuring out their system, migrated SEVERAL THOUSAND listings of all different price ranges from eBay to there, and let them sit for I think 2 or 3 months just to see what happened. In that time, I sold ONE item, a $1 comic book that the buyer picked up because his last name was the same as the title. Absolutely horrible, and not worth the time I spent to set the thing up.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:29 PM
Rob Ruddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
I tried it a year or so ago (at least, I think it was BidStart. Might have been another, but had the same "duplicate all your eBay listings for free" deal). Went to the trouble of figuring out their system, migrated SEVERAL THOUSAND listings of all different price ranges from eBay to there, and let them sit for I think 2 or 3 months just to see what happened. In that time, I sold ONE item, a $1 comic book that the buyer picked up because his last name was the same as the title. Absolutely horrible, and not worth the time I spent to set the thing up.
That IS horrible! The Probsteins and PWCCs of the eBay world would have to come aboard for Bidstart to become a worthwhile option. If they moved, you can be sure their regular followers would follow suit. Until that happens, ...
Old 06-19-2013, 03:39 PM
J Stone

Jason -

Sorry to hear about your eBay experience...if you are doing that kind of volume you might want to reconsider just leaving out of spite.

However there are alternatives, the most obvious is setting up your own web site. It's not that hard...if you can upload pictures and write descriptions you've got all the skills you need. Cost can range from zero to $50-100 a month depending on how you want to set things up.

I can give you all the info you need. Just PM me or post here.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:41 PM
J@son Du.nc@n

Moose

I am open to that and have actually kicked it around lately.

Jason
Old 06-21-2013, 01:49 AM
J Stone

Jason -

All you need is a domain name, a web hosting provider (a company like Go Daddy can do both - they aren't necessarily the cheapest or best, but they are a big company). The software you need is basically free. A couple of popular platforms are Wordpress (was once just a blogging platform but now is a full fledged content management system) and/or an e-commerce platform. There are a lot of the latter, something like Magneto, PrestaShop, CubeCart, ZenCart, or OpenCart. All can interface with PayPal for payments, or you can get your own credit card processing.

If you want to pay upwards of $50 a month for a fully supported integrated system some popular options are Shopify, Volusion and Magneto (again).

These are just a few out of hundreds available, but maybe can help get you started researching.