NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-17-2014, 03:03 PM
D@ve R1cks

No need to risk using Timmy for mid-game relief when he's got Petit, who has been just lights out lately.

Bochy knows exactly what he is doing.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:06 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by honus94566 View Post
Who doesn't get as much credit as a number of other managers. A definite HOF manager!
Old 10-17-2014, 03:11 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by honus94566 View Post
No need to risk using Timmy for mid-game relief when he's got Petit, who has been just lights out lately.

I actually prefer to keep Timmy and drop Machi then add a position player. Machi was amazing in 1st third of the season but has been really shaky since. I don't trust him in tight situations and he doesn't have a rubber arm to go long in mop up. I think Timmy actually adds some value if they get down like 10-1 by the 3rd. He can literally eat 6 innnngs an save Petit and others for tighter situations. Seems bench has been near depleted by 9th or shortly after in many games, so would be nice to have one more guy just in case (Gary Brown as pinch runner, defensive replacement?). I guess it's also considered that 1/2 games will use DH, so need for fewer subs and double switches. In short-- no Machi.

That all said, I 100% trust in and defer to Boch and his head.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:44 PM
John Mavroudis

Default In Bochy / Sabean We Trust

What an AMAZING game!!! Echoes of '51... Ishikawa a wonderfully unlikely hero... but he was joined by Michael Morse (CLUTCH HR to even it up against a reliever who baffled the Giants the whole series), MadBum (a few mistakes, but solid as a rock despite that), Affeldt (key out of the game), Blanco (great catch), Joe Panic (so, so impressive in every way), Buster (he's Buster) and Crawford (WHAT a play to save the day!)...

This team eats rusty nails and broken glass... grind, grind, grind... then BOOM, BOOM, BOOM.

GO GIANTS!!!!

ALSO: The Giants victory has condemned the Dodgers' "Western Division Champions" t-shirts into "That's cute" status. LOVE IT!!!!

www.zenpop.com
Old 10-18-2014, 12:10 PM
Jeff

Default Hats Off to Both Teams

Should be an entertaining Series:

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 10-21-2014, 10:23 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Well the boys just keep plugging away.

After this year's postseason performance, I can't imagine a better big game pitcher in baseball than Bumgarner. Kershaw has all the awards and regular season, 20 win pedigree, but Bum is just amazing when it counts most. It all started in 2010 as a 21 year old rookie when he went 8 shutout in the WS in Arlington, and has continued until now.

All respect to the Royals, but also think their 8-0 run may have been a bit of a curse similar to that 34-0 NCAA basketball team that gets bounced in the tourney. Feel like a little loss/disappointment is a good thing.. need to remember how to lose, and more important how to bounce back. I was happy Bum gave up that HR just before exiting, just to end that scoreless streak. Anyway, I know the series is far far from over, and the Royals have plenty of magic left, but definitely happy to take the 1st one on the road.

Go Giants!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:32 PM
Archive

Its a good thing Jeter retired this year. Now Yankees fans have something to talk about in October.

Got my Barry Bonds jersey off the hanger and will be wearing it all week.

Go Giants!!
Old 10-22-2014, 04:31 AM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
Well the boys just keep plugging away.

After this year's postseason performance, I can't imagine a better big game pitcher in baseball than Bumgarner. Kershaw has all the awards and regular season, 20 win pedigree, but Bum is just amazing when it counts most. It all started in 2010 as a 21 year old rookie when he went 8 shutout in the WS in Arlington, and has continued until now.

All respect to the Royals, but also think their 8-0 run may have been a bit of a curse similar to that 34-0 NCAA basketball team that gets bounced in the tourney. Feel like a little loss/disappointment is a good thing.. need to remember how to lose, and more important how to bounce back. I was happy Bum gave up that HR just before exiting, just to end that scoreless streak. Anyway, I know the series is far far from over, and the Royals have plenty of magic left, but definitely happy to take the 1st one on the road.

Go Giants!
+1. Bumgarner really is a worldbeater, and he is a pleasure to watch.

Last edited by barrysloate; 10-22-2014 at 04:31 AM.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:32 AM
Rich v@n He$$

I absolutely love Romo and Timmy with all of my heart, but that Topps poster should have Panik and Castillo on it instead. Both are huge contributors.