NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-31-2017, 05:51 PM
D@le Irv*n

Default Another Battlefield?

I was watching a Gil Hodges card the other day and just noticed it didn't sell.

When watching, not bidding, I thought the card might sell at it's current asking or higher but I was surprised tonight to see that it received zero bids?

Needless to say, when I looked further, I found my answer!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/tripleplayvi...p2047675.l2559
Tons of neutral and negative feed back, which obviously worked as no one bid on their Hodges card, but it makes me wonder why Battlefield, despite the negative feedback, continuously gets bids and buyers?

Just another one to stay away from, unfortunately.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:36 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Even with all the neutrals and negs, they still have over 99% positive feedback. Seller is known for slow shipping or not shipping at all. The last item I purchased didn't arrive and when I emailed them about it, they simply refunded my money with no explanation. I should have left appropriate feedback, but I just let it go.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:03 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Even with all the neutrals and negs, they still have over 99% positive feedback. Seller is known for slow shipping or not shipping at all. The last item I purchased didn't arrive and when I emailed them about it, they simply refunded my money with no explanation. I should have left appropriate feedback, but I just let it go.
Maybe an inventory control problem, selling cards they no longer have.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:04 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Thankfully, I have never dealt with them, although I was thinking about bidding on that Hodges card before looking at their feedback.

I purchased cards from this buyer and just received my cards 2 days ago. I was awaiting his reply on his shipping fees and shipping skills, but after replying and being a smart ass with me, I left my first ever negative feedback.
He/they charged me $5.00 dollars for shipping and it only cost him $1.80, going by the stamp.
The 3 cards I won came placed on top of one another, raw. No top loaders, sleeves or card savers. These were, the 3 of them, placed on top of one another, sandwiched between 2 pieces of cardboard roughly the size of an envelope.
The cards, luckily, weren't damaged any worse than what they are, but they could have been very easy to steal on top of that.

Like I mentioned, I gave the seller adequate time to reply/respond, professionally, but when his only reply was wondering if I collected top loaders, I gave all 3 card negative feedback.
http://www.ebay.com/usr/montrealcard...72.m2749.l2754

Last edited by irv; 08-31-2017 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:56 PM
Peter Spaeth

Do you collect toploaders lol I give him points for humor sorry.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:20 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Maybe an inventory control problem, selling cards they no longer have.
Yeah, probably, and that's understandable, but the lack of communication is really what bothers me. I very rarely leave a negative, but I left one earlier this evening. I bought the item below and after I paid for it the seller emails me and says the owner of the card passed away and they didn't have the card (maybe it was on consignment?). The offered me a refund. I wasn't happy, but I accepted. I wait and no refund. A couple days go by, I email the seller. No answer. A couple more days go by, I email the seller again, and again no answer. Tonight, he got a negative. It has nothing to do with the card, it was because of lack if communication.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOSTON-VARIA...72.m2749.l2649
Old 08-31-2017, 08:22 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Do you collect toploaders lol I give him points for humor sorry.
I had a chuckle as well, but I don't think he found anything funny with my negative feedback!

E-Bay was contacted and told about this and his disparaging comments, but based on what I have read here, it's likely the last I'll hear about any of this?

Can you imagine, the dude blocked me! I thanked him for doing me a favor.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:38 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I had a chuckle as well, but I don't think he found anything funny with my negative feedback!

E-Bay was contacted and told about this and his disparaging comments, but based on what I have read here, it's likely the last I'll hear about any of this?

Can you imagine, the dude blocked me! I thanked him for doing me a favor.
Sometimes ebay will act and other times not so much...
Old 09-01-2017, 07:19 AM
pete ullman

As Pat Benatar once said..."Love of old cardboard is a battlefield!"
Old 09-01-2017, 07:29 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Sometimes ebay will act and other times not so much...
I have never been down this road before but I am not expecting much, if anything, to be done.
I see the sellers remarks are still there after the E-Bay lady told me that was unacceptable and definitely unprofessional, which is against their values and rules.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:41 AM
St3phen M@rchillo

I've stayed away from this seller based on feedback even though they have a ton of stuff I'm interested in. My buddy bought a nice looking Yaz rookie from them. When he told me who the seller was I said good luck with that. He felt good about it because he had two successful transactions with them (just slow shipping). Sure enough he never got the Yaz rookie and got a refund. To me this kills the integrity of the auctions. Is it an inventory issue or is it an issue that the card sold too low and they just don't send the card? That is enough for me to stay away.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:16 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchillo View Post
I've stayed away from this seller based on feedback even though they have a ton of stuff I'm interested in. My buddy bought a nice looking Yaz rookie from them. When he told me who the seller was I said good luck with that. He felt good about it because he had two successful transactions with them (just slow shipping). Sure enough he never got the Yaz rookie and got a refund. To me this kills the integrity of the auctions. Is it an inventory issue or is it an issue that the card sold too low and they just don't send the card? That is enough for me to stay away.
I took a chance with this seller back around the beginning of August. His cards were ones I wanted/needed and the price I won them for were good as well.

When I received the cards, they were at least in individual plastic sleeves but were packaged roughly the same way. I let it slide and gave positive feedback but before I paid this time, I asked the seller to please place the cards in top loaders of card savers and place in a bubble wrapper between cardboard.
I never received a reply so I assumed I was right when I thought, I am going to receive them the same way as last time.
This time, as mentioned, they didn't even come in individual sleeves and he refused to answer my questions except for some smart ass counter questions, so that is why he received the negative feedback this time.

The guy is an idiot, and it is easy to tell it is trying to squeeze every last cent he can out of a sale.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:11 AM
Rob

I don't think this guy is an intentionally bad seller (99.1% isn't exactly terrible). I think it's more of a quality control and inventory management issue. The guy is high volume and most likely understaffed. I've bought from him in the past...after all there's a 99 out 100% chance it will be fine...but I am on alert when I deal with him.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:19 AM
Ed Hans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
(99.1% isn't exactly terrible).
129 negatives IS terrible, regardless of the number of positives.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:35 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhans View Post
So are the 86 Neutrals, and if you read some them, they could very easily be negatives as well.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:56 PM
Charles
Charlie Ma.nn

And after reading some of their negative feedback it appears this outfit also has a horrible cellar.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:39 PM
Rob

Quote:
Not really. He's got nearly 25,000 positives. When was the last time you looked t someone with a 99.1% feedback rating and said "ugh..terrible!"?
Old 09-01-2017, 02:41 PM
Rob

Quote:
So are the 86 Neutrals, and if you read some them, they could very easily be negatives as well.
Even if they were negatives, he'd still be at 99.1% which is not terrible.

I think it actually represents an improvement for this seller as well. I remember him being in the 98's.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:42 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengoughingForAwhile View Post
And after reading some of their negative feedback it appears this outfit also has a horrible cellar.
I hear all his wine has spoiled.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:53 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Not really. He's got nearly 25,000 positives. When was the last time you looked t someone with a 99.1% feedback rating and said "ugh..terrible!"?
Quote:
Even if they were negatives, he'd still be at 99.1% which is not terrible.

I think it actually represents an improvement for this seller as well. I remember him being in the 98's.
You do realize, like bid retractions, they eventually get removed. This guy, like Battlefield can never stay clean, they always have neutral and negative feedback.

Call me silly, but I'll stick with those that have very few neutral and negative feedback scores.
This last seller I just purchased from was clearly a mistake on my part. It won't happen again, I promise.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:56 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
I couldn't agree more!
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:00 PM
Ed Hans

Quote:
When was the last time you looked t someone with a 99.1% feedback rating and said "ugh..terrible!"?
At exactly 10:18 AM.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:05 PM
Rob

Quote:
You do realize, like bid retractions, they eventually get removed. This guy, like Battlefield can never stay clean, they always have neutral and negative feedback.

Call me silly, but I'll stick with those that have very few neutral and negative feedback scores.
This last seller I just purchased from was clearly a mistake on my part. It won't happen again, I promise.
I assume by "they" you mean negatives. They do. The positives get removed too. It's irrelevant. What is relevant is that in the past 12 months the guy has had 24,997 transactions in which feedback was left and 24,782 were positive. That's 99.1% positive in the last 12 months. That's a pretty solid track record.

I do some selling on Ebay and I've learned that some buyers are just jerks...about 1 in a 100....which could explain why only 99 out of 100 of his transactions end happily ever after.

Not saying this guy couldn't clean up the one percent a little, but I think the evidence shows he's not intentionally trying to rip people off.

Last edited by Fballguy; 09-01-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:09 PM
Rob

Quote:
At exactly 10:18 AM.
To each his own...Happy hunting.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:22 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
I assume by "they" you mean negatives. They do. The positives get removed too. It's irrelevant. What is relevant is that in the past 12 months the guy has had 24,997 transactions in which feedback was left and 24,782 were positive. That's 99.1% positive in the last 12 months. That's a pretty solid track record.

I do some selling on Ebay and I've learned that some buyers are just jerks...about 1 in a 100....which could explain why only 99 out of 100 of his transactions end happily ever after.

Not saying this guy couldn't clean up the one percent a little, but I think the evidence shows he's not intentionally trying to rip people off.
Now I get why you are trying so hard to defend them.

Of course there are jerks out there but please explain how many have perfect, or 100% positive feedback?
Old 09-01-2017, 05:34 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Of course there are jerks out there but please explain how many have perfect, or 100% positive feedback?
Ooooo, oooooo, I do, I do...

um, wait, uh...

crap.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 09-01-2017, 06:51 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Exactly, because so many of those positives are people who aren't paying attention, don't bother leaving negative feedback or think it's just not worth it, or are just tolerant of customer service.

I left positive feedback for Battlefield after the first transaction. It was only one card and I didn't look close enough to see what was on the card but not on the doctored on the auction scan.

On a separate note, Irv, I called ebay to register a complaint about Battlefield and offered proof with photos I could email them, and full details if someone from their investigations would talk to me, via email or phone. Three weeks later I've heard from no one and received no emails.

Sadly, all 10 cards I returned were re-listed and sold before I got my refund. My refund was held the full 15 days Ebay allows because I left negative feedback. One of the cards was a 1960 Mantle AS. In addition to their normal "cleaning on the card scan", there were 2 spots on the back of paper loss. The auction description stated "absolutely no paper loss." That card was sold the next time for $264! I originally paid $72. Of course, that 2nd transaction received negative feedback as well. It never ends.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:05 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:

I'll tell you what... Go buy a group of cards from Battlefield0516. Same premise 15k+ positives and "only" 129 negatives. After you get your cards, closely inspect them and compare to the auction scans. EVERY ONE of them will have some kind of clean up done, some more than others. Flaws will be hidden, corners will be worse on the card than in the scan. If you can live with that then leave all the positives you want. But you can't tell me that seller, despite 15k positives, isn't a crook!
Old 09-01-2017, 11:16 PM
Rob
Rob.ert We.ekes

I'll chime in with my experiences since I have probably dealt with him as much as any other seller over the past 10 years. With the single listings, I think you still get what you see for the most part - no photo-shopping. In his lot listings, he used to be pretty reliable with regard to accurate, conservative grading, and pretty timely with delivery. But I have seen those standards slip appreciably over the past four years or so, and especially over the last year. It has gotten to the point where I just don't buy any lots from him any more because I know he will exaggerate the condition. For example, the last NM+ lot he sold me was full of dinged and creased up cards. On the plus side, I have never had an issue with getting a timely refund from him.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:26 PM
Rob
Rob.ert We.ekes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenx34 View Post
I'll tell you what... Go buy a group of cards from Battlefield0516. Same premise 15k+ positives and "only" 129 negatives. After you get your cards, closely inspect them and compare to the auction scans. EVERY ONE of them will have some kind of clean up done, some more than others. Flaws will be hidden, corners will be worse on the card than in the scan. If you can live with that then leave all the positives you want. But you can't tell me that seller, despite 15k positives, isn't a crook!
But let's not forget that Battlefield isn't even close to 99% successful. While I totally agree with you, the severity of the photo-shopping and over-illuminating the flaws with bright scans is so blatant that they are much lower than a 99% rating. Along with 15K positives (allowing for a lot of "satisfied" buyers overlooking the touched-up flaws), instead of 129, you will have more like 450 negatives.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:43 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

If (my) memory serves, I had several successful transactions with the particular seller...more than a year ago.

I had since noticed the alarming number of negative and neutral feedbacks that have accumulated and have shied away from considering further purchases from him.

That said, and I believe I am recalling the details correctly, I think that almost, if not all of his negatives have occurred during these last 12 months.

Now, whatever the reason for that, this seller is now off limits to me. The possibility of all those negatives actually occurring during the most recent 12-month period suggest significant changes in the seller himself...one could even speculate that he has passed on and relatives, with far lower standards, have continued trying to sell under his user ID - or some other similar occurrence.

If I can find my purchase records from this seller, I will be sure to share so that my comments will not seem so much like gossip.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 09-01-2017 at 11:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:25 AM
Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by robw1959 View Post
But let's not forget that Battlefield isn't even close to 99% successful. While I totally agree with you, the severity of the photo-shopping and over-illuminating the flaws with bright scans is so blatant that they are much lower than a 99% rating. Along with 15K positives (allowing for a lot of "satisfied" buyers overlooking the touched-up flaws), instead of 129, you will have more like 450 negatives.
Also recall that Battlefield gets most of her positives on small cheap sales, but her negatives come on the expensive stuff.
Old 09-02-2017, 04:00 AM
Lonnie Nagel

A quick check shows that I have purchased 30ish cards from him since 2014. For the most part I have been satisfied (or at least not annoyed to the point of negative) and some of the cards I have felt like I got a pretty good deal. There is the No Tracking and PWE shipping thing which is always a bit risky.

Lately tho it appears that I have also shy'd away from bidding/purchasing - maybe a bit subconsciously......
Old 09-02-2017, 08:05 AM
Rob

Quote:
Now I get why you are trying so hard to defend them.

I'm not defending him. I just think you're overreacting to a seller with 99.1% feedback. Especially one as high volume as him. You do that many transactions, your bound to have an issue with a buyer once in a while.

Like I said...there's one out of every 100 buyers. I think you may be one.

100% Postive feedback for me by the way.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:08 AM
Rob

Quote:
Exactly, because so many of those positives are people who aren't paying attention, don't bother leaving negative feedback or think it's just not worth it, or are just tolerant of customer service.
Totally flawed logic. Anyone who's ever provided a service of any kind knows a person is more likely to leave a review after a negative experience than they are after a positive one. That's a fact of doing business.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:14 AM
Rob

Quote:
Not the same premise. Battlefield's feedback rating is 97.8% That's a huge difference. Nobody looks at 99+% positive and raises an eyebrow.

97.8% is not considered a good feedback rating.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:22 AM
Tony. Biviano

Quote:
I'm not defending him. I just think you're overreacting to a seller with 99.1% feedback. Especially one as high volume as him. You do that many transactions, your bound to have an issue with a buyer once in a while.

I agree.
Old 09-02-2017, 11:11 AM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Also recall that Battlefield gets most of her positives on small cheap sales, but her negatives come on the expensive stuff.
Quick note, I traded messages with Battlefield and I don't believe the person running that account is a female. I know the name for payment via PayPal is Carolyn Battles, but I didn't read the messages like a female talking. He/she was surprised I lived in Alabama because most of the "assholes" are from up north. ha ha
Old 09-02-2017, 01:09 PM
Rob

Quote:
Quick note, I traded messages with Battlefield and I don't believe the person running that account is a female. I know the name for payment via PayPal is Carolyn Battles, but I didn't read the messages like a female talking. He/she was surprised I lived in Alabama because most of the "assholes" are from up north. ha ha
As a Northerner (CT) who just moved south (TX), I find that particularly funny. We do have a reputation to uphold.
Old 09-02-2017, 01:21 PM
Rob

You want to see a bad seller, it's "lovestobuyhandbags" on eBay. Weird name for a card seller, but I think he used his wife's account to sell off a complete run of high grade football sets from 48 Leaf through 81 Topps...including all the Bowmans and Fleers too. I was "lucky" enough to pick one up.

As my feedback for him states..."Too many negatives to list". Only person I've ever left a negative for and I gave him soooo many chances to make it right before doing so. He was the walking definition of the word negative. Luckily I see he's not selling anything right now. His wife must've banned him from her account though not sure why she'd want it anymore with it's stellar 94.8 rating.
Old 09-02-2017, 02:14 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
As a Northerner (CT) who just moved south (TX), I find that particularly funny. We do have a reputation to uphold.
Try being a New Yorker out here in California. Same thing!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 09-02-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 09-02-2017, 02:49 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:

Sure you are!

Many sellers, with sales in the thousands or higher than the guy we are talking about, have zero neutral and zero negative feedback.

I maybe forgiving with one or two, or a few, depending on the nature of the comments/problems, but someone with 85 neutral and a 129 negatives, no matter how many sales they have, is someone to stay away from, imo! Judging by the comments, on this forum alone, I don't think I am the only one who thinks this either.

If your feedback is as you say it is, I assume you are expecting your reputation to drop below 100% positive feedback soon?
Old 09-02-2017, 04:15 PM
Rob

Quote:
Sure you are!

Many sellers, with sales in the thousands or higher than the guy we are talking about, have zero neutral and zero negative feedback.

I maybe forgiving with one or two, or a few, depending on the nature of the comments/problems, but someone with 85 neutral and a 129 negatives, no matter how many sales they have, is someone to stay away from, imo! Judging by the comments, on this forum alone, I don't think I am the only one who thinks this either.

If your feedback is as you say it is, I assume you are expecting your reputation to drop below 100% positive feedback soon?
The way I look at it...Chances are excellent that I can have a transaction with the guy without issues. Do I realize he might not be the most diligent seller? Sure. You have go into it with realistic exceptions. If you expect 5 star service, there's a chance you'll be disappointed. But if he has what I want at a good price, I'm going to chance it. And most likely be no worse for the wear.

As far as my feedback goes, I used to fret about it. Now I figure I'm on borrowed time (Been on since 98 and no negs). If I get one, it's a battle scar. No biggie. Besides, I buy much more than I sell on eBay. Just don't tell my wife.
Old 09-02-2017, 09:58 PM
Kin K.

Probably a case like a former friend of mine. He uses his wife's name, etc. on eBay now because he had multiple accounts suspended and they wouldn't let him back on. That was over ten years ago, when eBay had some standards.

Quote:
T206/T213 Scoops Carey back run: 4/4 !00% complete

Focus: open wheel/Indy 500 cards (1911 ATC Auto Drivers (T36), 1954 Stark & Wetzel 500 Winners, 1960 Parkhurst Indy Speedway Winners & 1960s Marhoefer Indy 500), match books & post cards.

Successful purchases from dnanln, pre1960sets, jp1216 & sebie43; RAKs from CW & LuckyLarry
Old 09-15-2017, 08:06 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
I don't think this guy is an intentionally bad seller (99.1% isn't exactly terrible). I think it's more of a quality control and inventory management issue. The guy is high volume and most likely understaffed. I've bought from him in the past...after all there's a 99 out 100% chance it will be fine...but I am on alert when I deal with him.
Quote:

Up from 129 to 135 negatives in less than 15 days. Do you still think this guy isn't a bad seller and isn't intentionally trying to rip people off?
Old 09-16-2017, 05:54 AM
St3phen M@rchillo

Quote:
Up from 129 to 135 negatives in less than 15 days. Do you still think this guy isn't a bad seller and isn't intentionally trying to rip people off?
Like I said in my previous post I've avoided this seller based on feedback. My buddy bought a card and told me this was the seller. I said "good luck". This was his third transaction with him so he had 1 bad out of 3. How many people don't get their cards but get a refund and don't leave negatives. I bet a lot. And I disagree that people are more likely to leave a negative than a positive. I've left one negative in around decade of doing eBay for an item that never arrived that had no tracking. I've bought dozens of cards that are much lower condition than described. I usually chalk it up as a loss. Sometimes I'll complain in a message to the seller and sometimes we work it out and sometimes not. If we don't I just don't leave feedback. I just bought a Brett rookie for about 15% of book with a "very light crease". Turns out the card is basically bent not slightly creased. The seller has 100% positive feedback and seems honest. I hate the card but based on the minimal amount spent I'm moving on with no negative. For me to give a negative it has to be really bad.

Why don't companies like battersbox and gregmorriscards have more negatives? They do as many transactions and self grade their raw cards. The 99.1% is actually deceivingly high in my opinion. I choose to stay away.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:10 AM
Tony

Isn't she committing fraud, by deceiving buyers? why can't or won't ebay shut her down?
Old 09-18-2017, 09:14 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsnstuff View Post
Isn't she committing fraud, by deceiving buyers? why can't or won't ebay shut her down?
$$ is the answer to a lot of questions that are kind of crazy......

actually I have bought from triple play a few times with no issues. I had no idea of their feedback, probably a good thing.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/tripleplayvi...559&rmvSB=true

Last edited by Leon; 09-18-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:45 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robw1959 View Post
Just to add a bit of fire to the Battlefield saga, I saw that the PSA 7 '53 Mantle auctioned the other day Mick is back in Alabama and being re-auctioned. I wonder how long it took the winning bidder, who forked over 9 grand for the card to go ballistic. Not long, I suspect. New Battlefield policy could be no return on graded cards, although I don't think they handle many.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:24 PM
Brandon V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Just to add a bit of fire to the Battlefield saga, I saw that the PSA 7 '53 Mantle auctioned the other day Mick is back in Alabama and being re-auctioned. I wonder how long it took the winning bidder, who forked over 9 grand for the card to go ballistic. Not long, I suspect. New Battlefield policy could be no return on graded cards, although I don't think they handle many.
Per eBay policy, "no returns" isn't really an option when the original listing is deceitful. Enforcing this is a different story.

Last edited by MrSeven; 09-19-2017 at 04:24 PM.