NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-12-2015, 11:04 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Again, no one from Heritage has ever been caught lying on Net 54 the way Brent was. Sorry, but for most of us that matters. And I think if you asked around Net 54 they would agree that Heritage is a way more reputable outfit than PWCC is.
yeah just ask around......brent still posts here..it doesn't look like whatever you accuse him of is so inexcusable or something that has been proven in the present business model to avoid him getting active business....15 years from now with no proof you still going to be talking about a post or 2 on net54..any lawsuit on the issue that punished him ?

and again...no transparency with bid history means no shilling......i think if you asked around, most people would agree that eBay's bid history is much better then Heritage...its apples and oranges you cant compare the 2 unless its the same bid history we can both view...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-12-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:25 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Again, I'd trust Heritage ahead of PWCC and so would most I'm guessing on Net 54. And unlike you I'm not a consigner for the auction house I'm supporting here. No financial motive at all. Doug Allen lied on Net 54 and so did Brent. Plenty of people still bid in Mastro auctions regardless of that. And I'm not claiming Brent is Doug Allen. But just because Brent lied, got caught and people still bid in his auctions doesn't really mean much.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:42 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Again, I'd trust Heritage ahead of PWCC and so would most I'm guessing on Net 54. And unlike you I'm not a consigner for the auction house I'm supporting here. No financial motive at all. Doug Allen lied on Net 54 and so did Brent. Plenty of people still bid in Mastro auctions regardless of that. And I'm not claiming Brent is Doug Allen. But just because Brent lied, got caught and people still bid in his auctions doesn't really mean much.
Have you ever had someone bid for you in an auction you were banned from?
Old 11-12-2015, 11:52 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Again, any time you want an honest back and forth I'll need you to promise not to ban me. And agree to waive any attorney-client privilege we may have had. Otherwise there's no point. You'll just ban me as soon as you decide you don't like what I'm writing.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:14 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Again, any time you want an honest back and forth I'll need you to promise not to ban me. And agree to waive any attorney-client privilege we may have had. Otherwise there's no point. You'll just ban me as soon as you decide you don't like what I'm writing.
I always want honesty, Jeff. And since I do I will rephrase my question then happily answer yours.

Have you ever used someone else's account to bid in an auction you were banned from?

And I promise not to ban you if you answer that question.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:17 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I always want honesty, Jeff. And since I do I will rephrase my question then happily answer yours.

Have you ever used someone else's account to bid in an auction you were banned from?

Again, if you promise not to ban for anything I say, I'll answer that question and then I have one for you. But you'll have to waive attorney-client privilege as well. Because, well, you know.

Last edited by calvindog; 11-12-2015 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:22 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Again, if you promise not to ban for anything I say, I'll answer that question and then I have one for you. But you'll have to waive attorney-client privilege as well. Because, well, you know.
gone
Old 11-12-2015, 12:40 PM
Ben North

Quote:

I don't want banned but am interested in opinions on Leon's question in general.

I have had a friend buy an item off eBay for me because the seller banned me from bidding on their items. All I did to get banned was ask the seller a question about a error card they had listed. Never got a response so I did not bid. Later same seller was selling a card I wanted and when I tried to bid I couldn't.

Is what I done considered bad? I just assumed as long as the buyer got their $ and I ended up with the card everything was ok.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:49 PM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

On the original topic, I paid today and received my order today (about two hours later). I was critical of them here in the past when I had to wait over a month for my order, so I'd like to thank them for the much more pleasant experience this time around.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Have had only one questionable transaction with PWCC and that was handled promptly and without rancor. In one of their recent auctions I bid and won a Mayo Ward 2nd base, wanting a nice copy since I already held the retired version which was also on offer but a lower grade and much cheaper. Well, guess which one I received, which was duly returned and I duly got the correct card. Don't think Brent was involved but might have been. I don't really suspect foul play but hell this is a serious game we play with these cards. John
Old 11-12-2015, 01:04 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I don't want banned but am interested in opinions on Leon's question in general.

I have had a friend buy an item off eBay for me because the seller banned me from bidding on their items. All I did to get banned was ask the seller a question about a error card they had listed. Never got a response so I did not bid. Later same seller was selling a card I wanted and when I tried to bid I couldn't.

Is what I done considered bad? I just assumed as long as the buyer got their $ and I ended up with the card everything was ok.
I think it would depend on the circumstances. There's probably more to the situation leon and jeff were talking about and I have no opinion on that. As far as your case the seller got paid and you got a card you wanted I don't really see a problem personally. However the seller you banned you might disagree.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post

You won't get banned. The guys that have been banned have histories of being warned about their unfriendliness on the board. If I do something wrong and it's pointed out, you won't get banned for that.

To your question, the question to Jeff (who can't answer on the board now) was had HE used someone else's account to bid in an auction he was banned from. I think that is different if you have someone not banned bid for you. But that is just my opinion and sort of still wrong, ethically. As a collector I can understand the emotion with our gems.

Last edited by Leon; 11-12-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:06 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
You won't get banned. The guys that have been banned have histories of being warned about their unfriendliness on the board. If I do something wrong and it's pointed out, you won't get banned for that.

To your question, the question to Jeff (who can't answer on the board now) was had HE used someone else's account to bid in an auction he was banned from. I think that is different if you have someone not banned bid for you. But that is just my opinion and sort of still wrong, ethically. As a collector I can understand the emotion with our gems.
man he was just about to convince me everything he said was right and everything I said was wrong...
Old 11-12-2015, 03:44 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
man he was just about to convince me everything he said was right and everything I said was wrong...
You should have been convinced.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:02 PM

While all of this was going on, I got my Heritage winnings
Old 11-12-2015, 05:20 PM
Jay Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post
What happens in Texas, stays in Texas! What was your favorite item you won Scott?
Old 11-12-2015, 05:53 PM

It was the W600 Cy Young............wait you won that!
Old 11-12-2015, 07:11 PM
Jay Cee

Now, how would you know that?!?! I will say I bid on it! 😀
Old 11-12-2015, 11:40 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Were they shipped USPS or Fedex?
Old 11-13-2015, 06:26 AM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default Scott

soon you'll be Dan McKee and the auction houses will send your stuff even before you bid!
Old 11-13-2015, 07:29 AM

Actually years ago. I asked to preview a group lot and have it sent to me. Upon examination I informed them that I would be winning it, so they allowed me to keep it while the auction ran. Of course I won it and saved mailing it back and forth. Would have been embarassing to not have won it I guess.

To address Ken's question, they use FED-EX

Last edited by sb1; 11-13-2015 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:48 AM
qualitycards

Quote:

To address Ken's question, they use FED-EX
My winning lot was rec'd yesterday via USPS, which is what I prefer since it goes to my P. O. Box.
So they are flexible in their shipping methods.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:17 PM
Daryl

Quote:
Actually years ago. I asked to preview a group lot and have it sent to me. Upon examination I informed them that I would be winning it, so they allowed me to keep it while the auction ran. Of course I won it and saved mailing it back and forth. ...
Now that is boss!
Old 11-15-2015, 01:32 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Default Heritage Redux

I received what I can only call a polite email warning saying that my payment had not been received and I better get my shit together. Of course, I had spent an eternity with them on the 'phone and the final consensus was that I send them a paper check (it wasn't a small amount, nearly $10,000,) which was duly fired off last Thursday. Glad to know that you guys are getting your auction cards. Gives me hope. But probably this will be my last Heritage auction. The sales tax thing is obviously real but, as best I can tell, all they have is some kind of rep office in Palm Beach to suck in potential Fla customers. I simply cannot factor this cost along with everything else to be competitive on the cards I want. My last comment is that they are just so
damn big. Leon would know.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:06 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Anyone know how long it takes for them to ship. I paid several days ago, emailed Peter C, and no word...........??
Old 11-17-2015, 03:32 PM
Jay Cee

Checks take 7 business days to clear. Depending on your status and the amount of your winnings, the shipping time varys. Plus the size matters as well if a third party must be used.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:29 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
Checks take 7 business days to clear. Depending on your status and the amount of your winnings, the shipping time varys. Plus the size matters as well if a third party must be used.
Thanks JC, I paid via PayPal and it is 2 small flat items. I'm sure Peter will reply.....
Old 11-17-2015, 06:17 PM
Eric Bea.chley

They just sent out invoices for a 5,000 item auction a week ago. Two small items haven't arrived yet (plus Wednesday was a holiday) and you are emailing the Consignment Director?

Are we being trolled?
Old 11-17-2015, 06:34 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

ooooh snap
Old 11-17-2015, 06:37 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbeachley View Post
They just sent out invoices for a 5,000 item auction a week ago. Two small items haven't arrived yet (plus Wednesday was a holiday) and you are emailing the Consignment Director?

Are we being trolled?
Nope, I've always got it quicker, no trolling, and Pete has always helped me in the past and I'm sure he will again. Plus, elsewhere I saw other folks got their stuff last week.....

And Eric, since you're so intent on me trolling, I NEVER asked about the items, all I asked is about shipping....

Last edited by gnaz01; 11-17-2015 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:10 PM
Ken McMillan

Got an email with tracking yeasteday and it looks like mine are coming USPS and left at 6 am this morning. Can't wait for the package to arrive. Just like a little kid at Christmas........oops this is my Christmas present from my wife.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:05 AM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

I paid for my winning bid last Monday and still have no card or no tracking number why does it take so long with these auction houses plus shipping is outrageous in the first place this is the first time I have bid with a large auction house is this normal?
Old 11-18-2015, 11:36 AM
Jay Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigb13 View Post
I paid for my winning bid last Monday and still have no card or no tracking number why does it take so long with these auction houses plus shipping is outrageous in the first place this is the first time I have bid with a large auction house is this normal?
Heritage has outstanding customer service. Just call their 800 number and speak to a friendly rep. Now, Im sure everyone has a different situation as the type of payment matters along with what the value of the order is. I tend to allow a little more time when a HUGe auction ends! There was over 5 thousand lots and over 1 thousand winning bidders! That has to be a logistic nightmare for their shipping department!

I called them to let give permission for them to break up my order by size. I won some panoramics and sport cards. This should make it easierfor them to package and ship.

HA's last auction was a game changer IMO, and a clear shift as power to who is the new Big auction house is in the sports market. Sothebys only wants high end lots of 15k and higher amd HA is willing to take anything from 100.00 up to 100,000.00. Great hire by Chris Ivy when they snagged Derek Grady and Pete Calderon!!!
Old 11-18-2015, 12:36 PM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

I met Derek at a show great guy I consigned my Cobb with him for there next auction
Old 11-18-2015, 01:11 PM
Steven Finley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigb13 View Post
In my experience my first purchase at every auction house usually takes the longest. I'm not sure how you paid, but I've generally assumed it was to make sure the payment was completely kosher since they didn't have a history with me. Heritage also has minor Sunday auctions as well so I'm sure that doubles up their sports department. As for "the norm", sometimes I get auction winnings in three days. Sometimes three weeks. Payout is the same. As long as it arrives at my door step or bank account I'm cool. I know it's a process.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:23 PM
Ken McMillan

My E121-80 Frank Baker cards arrived today. Shipping and timing was about what I expected. Also got a nice collectibles book as a fift from Heritage. My collection is hard to add to as it is so specialized but if Heritage had something I wanted, I would bid again. As someone said before, their only drawback is the sales tax thing but guess that is the price we pay for living in a civilized country.

Last edited by kmac32; 11-18-2015 at 05:24 PM.