NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-23-2011, 04:59 PM

Default ebay stores pricing

do some of these guys ever check their prices to see how ridiculously overpriced they are? yet they keep paying their ebay fees to relist cards that will never sell. must be nice to have money to burn!
Old 03-23-2011, 07:42 PM
Scott Gaynor

The asking price is irrelevant. Just make them a reasonable offer. Most people will take it. I always have some room on my asking price on store items since I know that almost nobody just hits the BIN.

Scott
https://www.ebay.com/sch/estate-find...1&_ipg=&_from=

Find my monthly auctions on auctionninja
https://www.auctionninja.com/gaynors-fine-consignments/
Old 03-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Tom

I rarely will even open a listing that is priced like that. If it's close to what I'm willing to pay, say $5.00 or $10.00, then I'll maybe take the time to check into it, and possibly make an offer. But 99 times out of 100 I just skip right over them.

In the case of cards I'm not familiar with, I'll take a look, and then see what recently completed items are really selling for. If the "asking" price is way above actual sales, I just click the back button. I've noticed a couple sellers that as soon as I see their name I just hit back.

Usually another of the same card will come along sooner or later with a reasonable BIN, or for auction. I don't like to waste any more time than necessary looking at items the sellers either really don't want to sell and are just showing off, or are shooting for the stars on.

Tom
Old 03-23-2011, 08:29 PM
M!ke S@il£r

You would actually be surprised how many of those ebay store sellers are board members. If you send many of these sellers a pleasant pm via ebay with a reasonable first offer, the asking price becomes more in-line with the market.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:07 AM
David Goff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpduq View Post
do some of these guys ever check their prices to see how ridiculously overpriced they are? yet they keep paying their ebay fees to relist cards that will never sell. must be nice to have money to burn!
I used to have a eBay store a few years ago and the listing fees were dirt cheap. I think it used to be something like .10 for a 30day auction. Now the Final Value Fees is what got ya. Very high compared to normal auctions.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:53 AM
Edward F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan102003 View Post
I rarely will even open a listing that is priced like that. If it's close to what I'm willing to pay, say $5.00 or $10.00, then I'll maybe take the time to check into it, and possibly make an offer. But 99 times out of 100 I just skip right over them.

In the case of cards I'm not familiar with, I'll take a look, and then see what recently completed items are really selling for. If the "asking" price is way above actual sales, I just click the back button. I've noticed a couple sellers that as soon as I see their name I just hit back.

Usually another of the same card will come along sooner or later with a reasonable BIN, or for auction. I don't like to waste any more time than necessary looking at items the sellers either really don't want to sell and are just showing off, or are shooting for the stars on.

Tom
Agreed with above.

In fact I am so good at skipping over those sellers that now I don't even have to click on the auction because I know who the seller is just by looking at the listing. One seller in particular comes to mind that has very high BINs that is and always will be on ebay and never sells.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by T205 View Post
Agreed with above.

In fact I am so good at skipping over those sellers that now I don't even have to click on the auction because I know who the seller is just by looking at the listing. One seller in particular comes to mind that has very high BINs that is and always will be on ebay and never sells.
I believe I know exactly which seller you are talking about. I've seen them referred to on this board(net54) as the Sports Card Museum, or something to that effect. I ignore and /or hit the back button instantly with that particular seller. They have some really nice stuff, but I gave up long ago on them.

Tom
Old 03-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Jimmy

Default ebay stores pricing

Scott is right you just have to ask if the price can be lowered, many dealers start high and just keep it that way. I do agree that some dealers on eBay are harder to deal with then others and prices never seem to change.

Jimmy