NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 07-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Default Need a list of the black and white 47-66 Exhibit variations

I am trying to put together some information for a deal and I need to figure out which cards would have black and white variations. The ones I can ID so far:

Dropo
Evans
Kellner
Kinder
Vernon
Torgeson

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 07-14-2014, 07:16 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default B&W Exhibits

Adam:

I have been working on a master Exhibit card set of the 47-66 for quite sometime. I do not have a list of the cards that come in B&W, but I can tell you which ones I do not have from 47 to 61. MOST of them do come in B&W.

I break my sets down pretty much the way Elwood Schraf did years ago. Instead of lumping them into one group, I go by the Made In USA, Printed in USA etc. at the bottom of the cards, or other distinctive features like Typescript names for instance.

So, to partially answer your question I have all the cards NOT listed below in B&W. If you or anyone else can confirm the existance of any of the ones listed below please let me know, as I do not believe many of them were indeed issued in B&W especially the ones from AN EXHIBIT CARD set. I have never seen the 16 cards in that set listed below in B&W and 16 is exactly half or a quarter of a "normal' Exhibit set of 32 or 64.

The 62 Stat back set with red backs are ALL B&W, while the 62 stat back with black backs are all sepia.

I am just getting started in the 63's were I have just discovered at least three and perhaps four different tints for that year, with B&W being one of them. There is also a decidedly reddish/pinkish tone and a reddish/sepia.

I have not researched the 64 to 66 yet. Nor am I commenting on the 1955 Postcard back set nor my 1959 Dad's Cookies Exhibit set as they are not considered part of the 47 -66 set, but if you want me to be specific on them let me know.

Hope this info helps you with your trade. LMK if you have any specific questions I am glad to help. Maybe we can meet in Cleveland and have an Exhibit discussion with others like Tom B. Scott Mt. Joy joining us. Scott are you going to the National?

Fred

I CAN NOT CONFIRM IN B&W:

MADE IN U.S.A. UPPER CASE LR: Beggs, Blackwell, Boudreau top of bat visible, Boudreau bat top out of picture Brecheen, Case, Casey, Chandler, Mort Cooper, Walker Cooper WITH MADE IN U.S.A, Curtwright, Dickson, J. DiMaggio, Dobson, Doerr, Edwards, Fain 3 showing, Furillo, Galan, Gordon Cleveland, Orval Grove, Gustine Pirates, Haas, Higbe, Holmes YT, Hopp, Hughson, Hutchinson, Johnson, Judnick, Keltner, Kolloway, Kurowski, Lake, Lewis, Lindell, Lowrey Large projection, Marshall, Mayo, Albert Mele, McCaskey, McCosky, Northey, Page, Philly, Schoendiest two feet, Sewell, Stanky throwing, Spence, Thomson, Verban, Vernon throwing, Voiselle, Wakefield, Harry Walker, Dixie Walker w/D blanked out, Williams SY, Wright

1949 "AN EXHIBIT CARD" LL CORNER:

DARK BRAVES, FOWLER, GUSTINE, KELLER, KELTNER, LEMON glove showing, MARION, MARSHAL, PAIGE, STANKY throwing, STIRNWEISS jumping, TEBBETS, VERNON throwing, WALTERS, '48 BRAVES, '48 INDIANS

Made in U.S.A. Lower Case: Groth, Mantle first name outlined in white,

TYPESCRIPT SET: Atwell, Batts, Baumholtz, Bilko, Greengrass, Gromek, Hermanski, Mele, Schmitz, Seminick, Stephens, Waitkus

Printed in U.S.A.: Richie Ashburn Phillies, Carrasquel plain cap, Cerv w/A on cap, Dark Cubs, portrait, Donovan Blank cap, Ennis, Jensen, Klaus, Kluzewski with P on cap, Long w/ Cubs, Pafko plain uniform, Sawatski w/Phillies, Score Indians, Sievers Senators Lt. Bkgd, Zernial dark signature.

Last edited by whiteymet; 07-14-2014 at 07:22 PM.