NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Default Why can't I post images anymore?

Posted By: Paul

I can't seem to post images on this website or the postwar website. Is anyone else having this problem? I've seen some images posted by others very recently.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I am not very happy with Net54 software about right now. They implemented some new "parser" s/w. Whatever the heck that is? Anyway here is what one of the Net54 badged techs told me...

"Anyone having issues with the HTML parser and links or images not showing up should email me the code they're trying to post to cpmoser@network54.com. You might want to direct your users to this thread if they're having problems. Also, one thing our new parser needs to have is quotes around the src attribute for an image link.

For example, this code:

<spansomeserver.com/link/to/image.jpg>

...will not work. It can be fixed by adding quotes around the src attribute, so:

image.jpg

...will work. Don't know if that's the issue your users are running into but it's what the new parser needs to work properly.

I'm checking out the name issue as well."

Old 11-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

I had to open a new photobucket account last night to circumvent this problem. It's been almost a decade since my last account and I couldn't tell you the name of that account.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Chuck Wilson

I recently bought a collection of cards that included many pre-WWII cards. I am out of my element when it comes to this time period and when I listed some of the cards on ebay, I was quickly told that the cards might be re-prints. I have included this card for discussion as to whether it is legitimate or fake. Whatever help that I can get would be appreciated

Chuck Wilson

Old 11-23-2008, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Welcome to our forum. If you tried to post a picture of one of the cards and it's not letting you then you can send the scan to me and I will post it for you. There seems to be some s/w issues right now and some scans aren't posting too well. I am sure someone on the board can help once we see the scans.....

Old 11-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Thanks Leon. Unfortunately I don't know what an SRC is.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Administrator

I will post what you can't see in what I had posted in this thread happy.gif.... I think what this gentleman is saying is to try to use a quotation mark around the scan name, when you are posting one....so it should be

"scan name.jpg"

and not

scan name.jpg

.....if this makes sense? Just put quotations around the name basically.....and see if that does the trick? I am going to do family stuff for a few hours but will check back, when I get back........ I will point Chris (the Net54 engineer) this way, again, if we keep having issues...Sorry for the technical problems....

Old 11-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Administrator

A true Catch 22. My computer refuses to let me include quotation marks in file names.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Paul - you don't need to include the quotes in the saved file name - you just need to put quotes around the link text when you are posting the image.

Old 11-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Now I'm even more confused. I've been using the "insert object" button. That causes a box to pop up which lets me select a picture from my computer. When I click on the selected picture, some text is supposed to show up in my post which magically becomes a picture when the post is viewed. But no text shows up. I can click on the picture as many times as I want, but nothing shows up in my post. So there's nothing for me to put quotes around.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Hey Paul
I would email you privately but this is good public info just in case any one else is having this issue. I understand your issue. The scan isn't even uploading?? I know you have done it many times but is the file name one without any spaces or dots or hyphens in it? IS the file under 128k? And lastly, what browser do you use? Let me know on those things and I will report it to the tech guys.....And if anyone else is having this issue, or any s/w type one, let me know too please...either here or by email....sorry for the problems....

Old 11-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Administrator

The file names don't have any forbidden character. Just letters. They are well under 128K. I can get as far as uploading the file into "temporary files" and seeing a little picture of it on the right side of the dialog box. But when I click on "insert image" nothing happens. No error message. Nothing. The dialog box closes and nothing appears.

By the way, I'm not complaining. I know it's not your fault and you don't get paid.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian T

The exact same thing happens to me. I see the image on the right side (no disallowed characters in name and file size is 70k)... clicking "insert image" gives no result for me either. Thank you for keeping this in the forum setting, so that others can learn as well.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MikePugeda

Paul,

I am having the exact same issues.

Mike

Old 11-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Administrator

I guess the guys are working on it. I know there are a ton of other Net54 forums having the same issue right now too. Their last upgrade is causing it, I believe. I sent them a link to this thread so we shall see....It's an intermittent problem for me.....