NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 10-21-2016, 08:27 AM
Andrew

Default 2016 Indians World Series Commemorative Tickets

I am a collector of Indians memorabilia mostly...with my main emphasis on ticket stubs from Indians events.
I have been trying for months now with the indians to purchase hard paper tickets to add to my collection. I am a season ticket holder and this option wasnt even offered to us just all digital tickets. It is very frustrating as i have every ticket and stub from every World Series game that has been played in Cleveland yet i will not be able to acquire one for this year.
I have tried every route even to calling MLB headquarters themselves but with no call back (of course).
Anyone have any contacts or other ideas? Every other team seems to have issued paper tickets because they are on ebay and there are plenty of images like the one in this post of every other teams tickets. Even MLB shop has images of ones you can purchase to "put your ticket in" hahahah
Thanks everyone maybe i am missing something or an idea.
Very frustrated.
Andy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016tickets.0.jpg (61.0 KB, 316 views)
File Type: jpg thumb.jpg (63.6 KB, 316 views)
Old 10-21-2016, 09:00 AM

Have you tried calling the stadium? Maybe there's a way for you to exchange your digital ticket for a paper ticket the day of?
Old 10-21-2016, 09:10 AM
Paul

I am sure you'll be able to pick stubs up on ebay after the fact. I know for a fact that there are Indians paper tickets just like the Cubs ones you show. Just be patient.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 10-21-2016, 09:24 AM
Chris Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
I am sure you'll be able to pick stubs up on ebay after the fact. I know for a fact that there are Indians paper tickets just like the Cubs ones you show. Just be patient.
Toronto is the same situation - it's tough to find printed tix but they exist. In Toronto, the suite/skybox tix are typically printed and not e-tix. Good luck!
Old 10-23-2016, 10:05 AM
Andrew

I also now have been told that they issued them to suite holders. Which is very irritating because I said I am willing to pay more to have the tickets printed for me.
If someone is willing to pay more to get printed stubs I don't see why you would tell them no. You don't have to advertise it, but you can make it available. Seems like another short sighted approach and a possible loss of a small revenue stream.
Andy

Last edited by ajenks3378; 10-25-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:21 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Usually there are box office tickets printed and sold at the box office of all teams. I have always seen some World Series box office tickets in the past. I am also having problems finding any physical tickets from the 2015 Dodgers LDS series. I don't think they had the big colorful souvenir tickets like most teams do as you show in the first post. If anyone knows of any physicakl tickets from the 2015 Dodgers LDS game 5 I need a couple.

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears

Last edited by mcgwirecom; 10-23-2016 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:49 AM
Andrew

Thought I would give the great update...I would like to think I and others telling the Indians their policy of not issuing printed tickets to season ticket holders was junk helped come to this outcome:

2016 Postseason Commemorative Tickets
As a valued Season Ticket Holder of the Cleveland Indians and a continued supporter of our current World Series run, we will be providing you with a special edition, full commemorative strip of all Postseason game tickets!

The commemorative strips are slated to arrive in time for the holidays.

Please note these commemorative tickets will include your 2016 Season Ticket location, and quantities will be based on the number of seats on your account, for each one of the Postseason games.

We hope you have enjoyed this run as much as we have and thank you for your continued loyalty and support of our Cleveland Indians!

Go Tribe!

Indians Fan Services
Old 10-30-2016, 07:41 AM
J Stone

The San Jose Sharks stopped issuing printed tickets this year, but they did give season ticket holders a free "ticket" to go to a designated spot in the arena and you can take a picture and they will print on demand a commemorative ticket for the game with your picture.

The line is always a mile long, but for it's the only way to get a ticket if you don't consider the online printout a ticket. Anything like that going on at the WS?

As a long time ticket collector this is a sad trend.

Last edited by MooseDog; 10-30-2016 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-30-2016, 02:52 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

There have been a few of these show up on Ebay so they do exist but they are selling for high prices.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016wsg2.jpg (58.9 KB, 152 views)

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Old 11-03-2016, 08:20 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgwirecom View Post
If the original poster is a season ticket holder, I'm surprised he didn't get this style ticket in the first place. But as I'm reviewing the other posts in this thread, I'm equally surprised to see that not all eligible teams offer them. I thought when it came to the post-season, MLB was the one who was in charge of things like this.i
Old 11-04-2016, 08:51 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

I think MLB makes the standard ticket available but its up to the teams to use them. Last year the Dodgers didn't seem to have this type of ticket for the playoffs and I need an LDS game 5 to complete my run of Daniel Murphy 6 consecutive playoff games with a HR run. If anyone has one or even a box office variety let me know. I don't believe they had them this year either.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:59 PM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Have you tried calling the stadium? Maybe there's a way for you to exchange your digital ticket for a paper ticket the day of?
I tried at Wrigley during the NLCS. It's something the Cubs do for $5 during the regular season. I was told by the fan services people that MLB would not allow it for the playoffs, they control the tickets for the playoffs, not the individual teams