NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Default I submited my first order to SGC

Posted By: Ted Sherman

Long time PSA fan, but just sent my first batch over to SGC. Some non-sport and a few t205's, will post results when they come in. That is all.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill

Good luck, best customer service in the business.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Once you go black you never go back.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Guess I am joining the dark side!

Old 06-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rick McQuillan

I just submitted my first order to SGC. The submission form says that I will receive a customer number upon receipt of my cards. SGC received my cards on May 30 and I haven't received a customer number. Without the customer number I can't check on my submission. Do they email the customer number? Do I have to wait until my order is returned to me to see my customer number?

Thanks,
Rick

Old 06-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rawn Hill

I have tried to submit, however the website I found lacking. Steve, fdnyladder7 is submitting them for me. I have many cards that I would submit if it was an easier process to go through to submit.

Rawn

Old 06-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Rick - you can call or email Michael at SGC and I'm sure he'll be happy to get you your customer #. He is easily accessible.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Thanks Matt.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Deb Johnson

Rick, I recently received my first order back from SGC. Had the same hiccup initially, missing the customer # email, but called Michael and he had it at the ready. SGC was spot-on as far as timing, and catching my submission errors. I'm very pleased. Hope it works out for you as well.
Deb

Old 06-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Todd C

I submitted my first card to SGC a couple of months ago and was very pleased.

I like the look in the SGC holder over the PSA holder too.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Administrator

SGC holders on some cards look astounding! I really like them. I HATE psa's cutomer serves, basically if you dont hear anything, there is an issue you should call...orders justheld on the "problem shelf". Anyays really looking forward to this, and I wil lpost some scans and grades when they come in

Old 06-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Administrator

An update. My cards were delivered to SGC on the 30th and they were back in my hands today. This is much better than my very limited experiences with Beckett and PSA. Looks like my next submission will be SGC.

Rick

Old 06-24-2008, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: TFerg

I've had all my submissions done on time or early.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...for my signed deadball card submissions, ever since JSA unceremoniously broke off its relationship with SGC last October. I held off a few months, but I needed to get some of my cards authenticated and so it was off to PSA/DNA in January and BVG/JSA this June.

I really did not want to go the Beckett/Spence route, because I do not like my cards baggied by Beckett -- makes the scans glow blue -- but my PSA customer service experience in January simply justified all of my complaints about PSA from years ago. Really, I submitted cards to PSA/DNA in the first week of December and got them in the first week of February. The worst part is that they tried to argue that that was within their 30-day window, for a number of reasons that actually make no sense.

So, for the time being, I go with BVG/JSA -- but, again, I really wish SGC would team up with somebody reliable for autograph authentication.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visit http://www.t206collector.com for signed pre-war card galleries, articles and more!

Old 06-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Martin Neal

I spent a very pleasant afternoon with Scott and Hank Levy at Sgc in Parsippany last week. Sean, Michael, and new guy Brian were extremely accommodating, especially considering we camped out in the lobby for a couple of hours. Thanks again for the time we took up and for the help in putting together my submission. Best of all, my Hoblitzell no stats is still in the Net 54 family. I wouldn't have been happier to see the card go to anyone else as the Levy's are terrific people and great collectors. Scott has promised that I can come and visit hobby periodically.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dstudeba

Though I submit to SGC when advantageous, I have found they have problems as other companies do.

However due to the hiring of "new guy Brian" their credibility goes up in my opinion. He is an excellent addition to any team and they are very fortunate to have him.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Zinn

"However due to the hiring of "new guy Brian" their credibility goes up in my opinion. He is an excellent addition to any team and they are very fortunate to have him."

Ibid

Old 06-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Administrator

"but, again, I really wish SGC would team up with somebody reliable for autograph authentication"

I am working on the 1955 Brooklyn Dodger team set autographed, I have 12 or so in SGC/JSA holders, then I went to a show THREE days after he went to BGS...So 3 of my cards are in BGS holders! I like uniformity and I need two mroe to complete the team set, Hodges, and Robinson. I hope I can send them to SGC!

Old 06-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MikeU

"So, for the time being, I go with BVG/JSA -- but, again, I really wish SGC would team up with somebody reliable for autograph authentication."

I would wager one of Gizmo's "other offers" he mentioned to GAI was from SGC:>)

Old 06-25-2008, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Phil Garry

Ted:

I don't know if this would work or not but how about having SGC encapsulate them as they would grade a regular card without the authentic autograph notation. I understand that they would probably grade low because the autograph would just be considered "writing" on the card. This way they would all be in SGC holders. Just a thought.......

Old 06-27-2008, 12:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

<<"However due to the hiring of "new guy Brian" their credibility goes up in my opinion. He is an excellent addition to any team and they are very fortunate to have him."

Ibid>>

Excellent decision by SGC, the "new guy Brian" is a quality get.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Keith O'Leary

'Excellent decision by SGC, the "new guy Brian" is a quality get'

I had a chance to meet and discuss a card I recently purchased with Brian last weekend.....I found him to be knowledgeable, personable, and very helpful with my question, he'll be a nice fit.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Phil Garry

"New guy Brian" also halped me out this week with a special submission request. Good to see that SGC has a third quality customer service person now along with Michael Goldberg & Glyn.