NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-30-2018, 11:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Safe Haven Furever Pet Rescue - GoFundMe Page

Hey Folks
As discussed on the board previously we have now set up a GoFundMe page for our pet project (pun intended) Safe Haven Furever Pet Rescue, a 501c3 non profit, public charity. Donors can deduct contributions made under IRC Section 170. As this is the first GoFundMe page I have ever set up if there are errors it's all my fault and I will fix them. It is set up as private because the fees are 2.9% +.30 per transaction. IF set up as a non profit, in GofundMe, then the fees are 7.9% +.30 per transaction. We might have to change the page in the future but everyone that contributes has my promise they will know where 100% of the money is spent. I feel leaving it up to Bill to use the donations is the best thing to do. I think (am not sure) I set this page up so ONLY he can take funds... Bill has said he will let us know how the funds are spent. This is a labor of love and no one should be worried about their donations going to a great cause. I am sure our Net54 Dinners donations will come here in the future.
At the end of the day Bill will still not be made whole but hopefully these monies collected can help him save more of our friends. That is the sincere goal. There is a FB page set up too. Thanks to all who help.

https://www.gofundme.com/safe-haven-furever-pet-rescue

https://www.facebook.com/Safe-Haven-...0819762571800/

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dogs buddy and gansito 2.jpg (76.1 KB, 983 views)

Last edited by Leon; 05-01-2018 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:44 PM

Default rescue

Great job Bill and Leon!
Old 05-04-2018, 01:31 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

This is such a great cause Bill! Leon, thanks for your help too!!
Old 05-04-2018, 04:33 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
This is such a great cause Bill! Leon, thanks for your help too!!
Thanks Kevin. I want to thank everyone who has donated at the GoFundMe page too. Even though the page says I am running it, Bill is mainly running it. I did set it up to get the ball rolling and am the treasurer of the organization. Also, the reason for the large difference in monies they take for their fee is because if you are a certified charity, and pay their 7.9%, then they give you a donation receipt that is "certified." I think we have that covered. We are a real non profit and Bill will be making 100% of the decisions with the monies donated.
As we have bounced around ideas I always say that he should use the monies to save as many dogs as we can. Whatever the money is used for in that endeavor is the best. It doesn't matter what it is, but it will also be reported as to what the expenses are. It could be gas money, lodging, money to pledge to a dog to save it at a kill shelter (this might happen frequently.) Here are 3 that Bill saved recently....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bill1.jpg (71.8 KB, 826 views)
File Type: jpg bill2.jpg (75.0 KB, 824 views)
File Type: jpg bill3.jpg (75.5 KB, 826 views)

Last edited by Leon; 05-04-2018 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:45 PM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Donated.

Keep up the great work gentlemen! Those pups appreciate it more than we could ever know.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:52 PM
Rob

This is near and dear to my heart as well. Happy to see this and donation coming.