NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Default Requiem for a Great Website - Wayne Delia's

Posted By: Joann

Oh noooooo. Wow. I am lost.

I used to be on Wayne Delia's BB Card Image website several times a day. I don't know of any other place where general reference of a card's appearance is available so easily, in such exhaustive numbers, and so well organized.

I went there tonight, and it is now part of the CardPricer.com website. It forwards automatically, but ... but... it doesn't matter. CardPricer site is in alpha stage (about to go beta per their recent posts) and the opening screen is a login screen. Well of course you can't log in yet b/c there is no official site yet.

So no more BB Card Image page. I have to figure out where I'm going to be able to replicate that info until CardPricer.com is online.

I am dying to post a link to a website of a board member here - it's a great collection of about six slideshows of E cards. The shows move at good pace, his collections are complete and generally higher grade (and gorgeous) and it is perfect for getting a good feel for some of the caramel card sets - how each looks, how they compare, etc - you know, the "feel" of them. That will be my new go-to destination for E card image reference. I think he's still working on the site, otherwise I'd post it. Shoot.

Any info on websites that have images catalogs of different cards - even if only a single type or set - would be welcome. I have LOC, t206museum, etc bookmarked, but I think the best bets might be collector sites.

Joann

Old 02-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

Delia was the best.

Here's a good one: http://www.vintagecardtraders.com/virtual/index.html

And there's the LOC:
http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/bbhtml/bbcardsSets1.html

Old 02-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Wayne's is the best. That's why we wanted him and it to be a part of the project. Lucky for us, he signed on! A great guy with lots of knowledge.

The bad news - Virtual Card Collections images (at least the imgaes from Wayne) will be coming down soon. We are going to try and work something out with them as they have put a lot of work into their site and it is a great utility.

The bad news 2 - We are working to prepare BBCI for incorporation into our own site. There is no timetable available, but it is something we hope to have available within the next few weeks.

The Good News - It will be part of the our "Free" services. Once you see what has happened, we think you will be pleased.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Dear Anonymous from CardPricer.com,

Not at all meaning to sound belligerent here, but if the images are going to appear in the "Free" section of your website anyway, is there some reason that they have to be made unavailable until your "Free" website section is up and running? I thought this site was a godsend in terms of visual reference. Why withhold it from the collecting community if it will not be in a for-profit portion of your website anyway?

Thank you in advance for your response,

J

Old 02-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cobby33

What she said!

Old 02-02-2006, 06:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: identify7

The OBC images project may be out of service for upgrading. I hope so. There have been card sets deleted from, and sets added to that project since its inception.

If an upgrading effort is underway, I will volunteer to search for scans of specific sets you may choose to identify.

If this utility is simply being removed from the hobby without justification, please consider the interim loss to everyone.

Old 02-02-2006, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam Smith

I used to look at Wayne Delia's website a lot. It is too bad that cardpricer.com has taken it down. Will it cost money now to look at those pictures?

Old 02-02-2006, 09:12 AM
Administrator

As we mentioned above, we are not stealing or taking down the BBCI project. Wayne is a part of our team. We are making some changes and porting the system over. When it is ready, it will be back up. We are aware of the power of Wayne's tool and for that reason we waited until after the New Year to take it down. It is a decision based on necessity. Thank you all for your patience. You are more than welcome to reach me personally at ted@cardpricer.com or Wayne at wayne@cardpricer.com

Sincerely,
Theodore Golden
CardPricer.com

Old 02-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam Smith

So access to the reference and the images will be for free?

Old 02-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Administrator

The checklist and images will be free, the pricing information and other features will not be.

Old 02-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Clip below is from email exchange last night w/CardPricer. Sounds like images will come back and all will be well. Just have to figure out what to do in the meantime. I can still get at a few of the images (hee), but it's a pain and many aren't available.

Also - awesome sense of humor going on with these guys. lol. I'm all for it on that basis alone.

And if Wayne wasn't sure before, he sure knows now what a success his site was. Is. lol

Joann

Clip from CardPricer.com email 2/1/06

In any event, we are revamping the entire backend of BBCI right now. The images are going to get cleaned up. That is, better quality, consistent sizing (where applicable) and so forth and so on. If complete integration takes too long we will repost things as soon as all the images are finished the cleaning process. Of course this will be under the cardpricer.com domain. Feel free to post any of the above information on the net54.

Old 02-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ronald Haynes

Hi Card pricer, not sure if you are reading this thread but I had contacted you regarding your request for beta testers but have not received a response one way or the other.

Please drop me a line,
R Haynes

Old 02-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: identify7

Isn't Dan Austin's Virtual library still up?

Edited to add: I think it is vintagecardtraders.org/virtual

Old 02-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

But if anyone is interested in seeing a lot of exhibit cards, visit my web site (see the links page). There are lots of images, no ads, and it won't cost you anything except time.

Old 02-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bryan Long

It is a great one with many pictures - does not contain of bunch of pre-war, but it does have a nice selection of cards. Most of the pics on that site or from Wayne. I also think you can get their by going to www.vintagecardtraders.com and scolling down the page to "Virtual Set"

Old 02-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: DJ

Can someone define to me exactly what "alpha" and "beta" is?
Thanks,

DJ