NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-03-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
I reached out to Dave Forman and offered in fhe future to use my column as another way for SGC to publicize themselves, alert collectors to changes, etc.

Much of this could have avoided with proactive PR from SGC as well as using the community to discuss the new flip (which should not be a super sensitive company issue)

if SGC's management is as good as everyone here says the customer service and the grading area are, then these minor adjustments can help SGC grow.

And, since SGC is the unofficial grading company of the Net 54 boards, don't you all want them to succeed

Rich
SGC service and grading is certainly the best. SGC marketing is certainly not.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queencitysportscards View Post
I just sent in a card last week to SGC for a customer. Got the card back today with new label. Although, I do prefer, Joe G's design, it does look much better in person.

Hank
The flip actually looks good (not as good as Joe G's) as long as the top line is short i.e. a Topps issue. Start adding principal de gales to that top line and it is too crunched with the SGC. Joe G has the SGC reduced in size to help with this also.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
Then Jeff you never heard some of the conversations I had with Mr. Skeffington when I was at Beckett.

Rich
Beckett, as in the competitor?
Old 06-03-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfreedman View Post
As the owner of the company that was in charge of the new web site design, and an overhaul of the set registry, and the changes to the flip and about 20 other things, the time that took the longest and was the most difficult thing to do, were the changes to the flip. Now many of you who think it should have been easy and we should have be able to add a green border easily, really have no idea how difficult this truly was. They also should not claim to think they could have done it themselves just because they were able to add it in photoshop with no business requirements nor have any of the specifications to work from. Some of our tolerances were 1/32" of an inch, we also went through two different printers, we went through three different labels test runs (all of which were paid for), we designed four or five different labels and it took us about 8 months to complete. None of this mind you, is me complaining about this, it is me merely telling you that this was not an easy thing to do to say the least.

I realize I am opening myself to some ridicule here because no matter what I say, some of you will find fault. What SGC did was modernize their entire computer systems at a great cost to bring better customer service to everyone here. Now granted, we could have gotten more feedback from some of you but in all honesty, it would not have mattered because SGC wanted to get a 4th line on the flip in order to differentiate itself from its competitors and they should be applauded for it, because some of you think that you could have done it better or you were not consulted or whatever gripe you have with the new flip. SGC spent a lot of money to modernize the computer system and that is what should be the focus here, not a lack of a green border.

I will add that we are looking to see if we can add the border to the flip but that will take a while to do because as I had indicated, it is a very complex change.

Bob Freedman
bob@simpleauctionsite.com
Are you saying the set registry and population report changes are 100% complete?
Old 06-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeU View Post
Beckett, as in the competitor?
Yes, I used to work there back in the day -- not in grading but in the pricing area
Old 06-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Br.ent !ngr@m
Br.ent Ing@am

Quote:
Originally Posted by queencitysportscards View Post
I just sent in a card last week to SGC for a customer. Got the card back today with new label. Although, I do prefer, Joe G's design, it does look much better in person.

Hank
Has the holder changed?