NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-16-2019, 11:02 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Default Kudos to PSA

I would like to make note of the excellent service I just received from PSA. I submitted a group of cards at the Long Beach, CA show on February 1 for what was supposed to be 23 day service. Much to my surprise, the grades were out by this past Thursday and I received the cards back today. That’s way ahead of schedule. The grades were almost exactly what I would have expected, which shows the consistency of their process. So many times people complain about how slow the grading process can be. I thought it was proper to congratulate PSA on a job well done, ahead of schedule.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:41 PM
bR!@N R0+H

For every order they deliver on time, there are 50 that are behind schedule.

Greenberg collection
Old 02-17-2019, 12:53 AM
Dan Bretta

I am part of a group submission that is nearing 100 days. Another group sub just popped after 40 days. There is no rhyme or reason to their service. The fact that they don’t prioritize submissions as they come in makes no sense. Explain to me how a submission sent in December pops before a submission sent in September.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:08 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan View Post
For every order they deliver on time, there are 50 that are behind schedule.
LOL, I won't ask how you came up with that 50/1 ratio. I have had three submissions in the last year and they have all been on time or early. Maybe the economy service has bigger backlogs. I always go with the $20/card service. It's a little more expensive, but I am impatient.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:10 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I am part of a group submission that is nearing 100 days. Another group sub just popped after 40 days. There is no rhyme or reason to their service. The fact that they don’t prioritize submissions as they come in makes no sense. Explain to me how a submission sent in December pops before a submission sent in September.
Dan-I find their customer service people very helpful. That would be a great question to ask them. If you do, please post the answer,
Old 02-17-2019, 02:07 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
As someone who works in a software company (which shall remain nameless) where we fix bugs found by customers in the software, I will venture a guess on how this might happen. I'm sure it's mostly wrong, but it'll show you some of the logic on how a submission sent in December might pop before one sent in September.

Our team is made of very experienced engineers (or graders) who are able to fix (or grade) any type of issue (or card) and those who are new, and are only able to fix easy issues (or common/standard cards). When a new issue (or submission) comes in, we will see how difficult / complex the issue is (or whether the card is from Topps or some unknown card company), and assign it to the engineer (or grader) that can best take on that issue (or submission). However, we also want to balance each engineers workload, so they will all have roughly the same number of issues to work on. And at the same time, we will give a few of the more difficult issues to newer engineers so that they can slowly learn those new areas. The engineers then pick which issues they want to work on, but keep in mind the severity (or service level) of the issue, and that we don't want the ageing for the issues to be too high.

So given that, I can definitely see cases where a particular grader might see a particular submission as really cool (or easy), and one that he wants to grade earlier. Or one where a newer grader might think is hard where certain issues need more research, and leave it on the back burner. Or some graders might be able to grade much faster, and run through their queue quicker while others might just be really slow graders, so if your submission is stuck with them, you might need to wait awhile.

Again, this theory is most likely wrong, and it could well be that all graders draw from a single queue of submissions, but I can just think of plenty of reasons why certain submissions might pop earlier than others even if they are received later.

Last edited by glchen; 02-17-2019 at 02:08 AM.