NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-30-2012, 06:38 PM

Not really a baseball movie, but I saw Parental Guidance this afternoon. It stars Billy Crystal, who loses his job as a broadcaster for the Fresno Grizzlies (Giants farm team) - then spends time with his wife (Bette Midler) getting to know his grandkids. A feel-good, enjoyable movie, better than you might think.

And, I'll give this away. Watch for Ralph Branca. If you don't spot him, stay at the end and look for him in the credits.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:02 PM
qualitycards

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28jd View Post
I've never seen it and don't ever remember seeing it on tv. I'll be sure to watch it whenever I come across it on tv, maybe even buy the dvd if I see it seeing cheap somewhere. I usually only buy DVD's with "The Simpsons" in the title...

Z - I bought it on the cheap a few weeks ago and watched it 2 days ago.
Good enjoyable movie
PM me w/ your address and I'll send it to you and then you can pass it along to someone else who wants it when your finished.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Wolt View Post
Z - I bought it on the cheap a few weeks ago and watched it 2 days ago.
Good enjoyable movie
PM me w/ your address and I'll send it to you and then you can pass it along to someone else who wants it when your finished.

Hey Jay, I just found it on youtube, the entire movie, so thanks for the offer but I can watch it here and save you the shipping

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiDULxPh0hU

Funny thing is that I wasn't even looking for it. Someone on a message board said Christy Mathewson threw in the low-80's so I went to find a link that proved otherwise and one of the first things was a youtube video of him pitching. After watching it, one of the suggestions was Soul of the Game...crazy coincidence
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS
Old 12-30-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete zouras View Post
Watched 'Bang the Drum' based on a recommendation of former net54er Julie V. (her fav bb flick), and liked it. Has anyone mentioned that Michael Moriarty's grandfather is George Moriarty of pre-war major league bb?
I miss Julie V. She added a lot to the board and such an out and collector. She had great things. I hope she's well.

Eight Men Out is probably my favorite. Great concept, a cool fantasy, and very entertaining all around. It likely created a bunch of collectors too which I think is cool.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:00 AM
Rob

Martin.

If I remember, Julie became less enthusiastic about baseball cards after she accidentally cut through an envelope and into some valuable card she had received in the mail. Don't really blame her. I miss her and Hankron/DR Cycleback and his 85 ebay negs and Ward. Hope they are all well.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:18 AM

Joann Dru is the sister of Peter Marshall (their family name is LaCock). Marshall's son is Pete LaCock.