NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-04-2019, 03:19 PM
Peter Calderon

Default Heritage Auction #50020 - Bidding Ends December 5, 6 and 7!

Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the late posting but Heritage is offering our largest sports auction to date with well over 3,000 lots ending over a three-day period starting tomorrow – Thursday December 5, 6 and 7! Bidding is obviously well under way! The ending of the auction is the same format it has been for years with open bidding ending at 10pm central time then an extended period where each lot ends on an individual basis based on a 30-minute clock rule. You have to have placed a bid on a lot before 10pm central time to be able to bid during the 30-minute extended period. The home page for the auction is HERE

Highlights & facts:

Session One (Lots 50001-52066) end on Thursday December 5, 2019:
Over 2,000 lots with every thing from a lengthy selection of Old Judge cards, W600s, E107s (Chesbro, Joss, Lajoie, Flick, etc.), T206s (At least one of each Cobb, plus seventeen Drum backs including Huggins and Speaker), T204 Burkett, M101-2 Sporting News, E105 Mello-Mints, some amazing PSA 8 and PSA 9 T205 Gold Borders, T215 Red Cross, T222 Fatima, a new collection of Zeenut cards featuring Jimmy Claxton, Frank Chance, Swede Risberg and an E135 Collins/Mccarthy partial set with Ruth and Jackson and others from the “Cleary Collection,” a “Famous & Barr” near set from the “St. Louis Find,” plus these sets which are being offered almost exclusively as single card lots: 1909-11 E90-1 American Caramel, D322 Tip-Top, 1909 E95 Philadelphia Caramel, 1934-36 Diamond Stars, 1939 Play Ball, 1911 C56 Imperial Tobacco, 1951 Parkhurst Hockey #1 PSA Set, a 1954 Topps hockey set (SGC & PSA-Graded).

We can’t T213s, Uncle Jacks candy near set as unopened packs, babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig (a ’25 Exhibit rookie), and Ty Cobb all featured on cards from mainstream sets to the obscure.

Session Two (Lots 52067-52908) end on Friday December 6, 2019
This session features near complete sets of PSA-Graded 1952 and 1953 Topps baseball sets. Every card is being offered as a single card lot and almost every card is graded PSA NM-MT 8.

Session Three (Lots 52909-53337) end on Saturday December 7, 2019
More N172s, more E107s, more E90-1s, more T206s, plus Cobb, Ruth, Gehrig, and so much more plus a nice selection for the post-war collector.

Registration is free! Catalogs – If you would like a free catalog please email me all of your mailing information: peterc@ha.com and we will send one out. To keep getting free catalogs we ask (okay, require) that you participate by placing a min. of $1,000 in bids in each and every catalog (including Platinum) auction. Monthly auctions do not count. If there is no activity for even one auction they may not send out a catalog. I know this may sound harsh but catalogs are too large (this auction is in two volumes) and too expensive as we are sending out more and more with each auction.

Good Luck and Thank You for Bidding,

Peter
Old 12-05-2019, 03:08 PM
Larry Young

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1336944

Seems there might be a trimmed card in there.
For all the drama that blowout has, their "detectives" on outing cut/whatever cards are pretty good.

Last edited by itslarry; 12-05-2019 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:48 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Did Heritage end up pulling this lot? The Thorpe card was obviously trimmed and issued a false grade by PSA.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:37 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Did Heritage end up pulling this lot? The Thorpe card was obviously trimmed and issued a false grade by PSA.
Sold for:

$27,600.00

includes Buyer's Premium (BP) 

Hopefully they'll notify the winner??

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 12-06-2019 at 05:38 AM.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:22 AM

Seems like the perfect candidate to test PSA on its guaranty review - high profile and expensive card, with fairly obvious and proven alterations, sold in a high profile auction. Should Heritage have pulled the card? Probably. But this is really on PSA- the expert Authenticator who tells us never to get cheated and boasts a review guaranty.

On a different note, the auction last night had some amazing things IMO and brought some very strong prices. I had to console myself by taking comfort in the fact that whoever won the t206 Speaker Drum paid through the nose for that privilege.

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 12-06-2019 at 06:24 AM.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:30 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Seems like the perfect candidate to test PSA on its guaranty review - high profile and expensive card, with fairly obvious and proven alterations, sold in a high profile auction. Should Heritage have pulled the card? Probably. But this is really on PSA- the expert Authenticator who tells us never to get cheated and boasts a review guaranty.

On a different note, the auction last night had some amazing things IMO and brought some very strong prices. I had to console myself by taking comfort in the fact that whoever won the t206 Speaker Drum paid through the nose for that privilege.
Yes it's on PSA, but if Heritage is taking consignments from known card doctors then it would be on them too IMO.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:55 AM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

Heritage is notifying the winner and offering a refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Yes it's on PSA, but if Heritage is taking consignments from known card doctors then it would be on them too IMO.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:20 AM
pete ullman

The hobby is alive and well after quickly perusing last nights results!

High grade...rare back T206...Saul Goodman!
Old 12-06-2019, 07:25 AM
Johnny MaZilli

PSA Again is TEFLON.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
PSA Again is TEFLON.
there is another bulk submission being organized right now on this very board. people who continue to patronize psa deserve any heartache they get. given all we know now, there’s no reason. i saw something in another thread about a “net54 boycott” of pwcc. what a joke. the majority of people in this hobby do not have the discipline to boycott anything. it has always been that way and always will.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:30 AM
Eric
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
If.
That is the key word.
Looks like they are doing the right thing in this case.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:34 AM
Ben

Whoever won the PC796 lot of 8 message me. I need four of those!!!
Old 12-06-2019, 08:56 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 View Post
there is another bulk submission being organized right now on this very board. people who continue to patronize psa deserve any heartache they get. given all we know now, there’s no reason. i saw something in another thread about a “net54 boycott” of pwcc. what a joke. the majority of people in this hobby do not have the discipline to boycott anything. it has always been that way and always will.
I have to wonder how many people have even stepped up their diligence before buying a graded card, with all that's come out. I have the sense, not many.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:16 AM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
+1. It's all about the me and the now. Hardly limited to this hobby, though.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:30 AM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBen View Post
Thought you'd win that lot for sure!
Old 12-06-2019, 10:01 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBen View Post
Give me a little bit to decide what I'm going to do with them. I'm on the fence about reselling or starting yet another project.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 12-06-2019, 12:44 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
They’re hooked like a trailer it’s not going to stop them.
Old 12-06-2019, 02:42 PM
Derek Granger

and if anyone won the lot of 6 Worch Cigars and doesn't want/need the Vaughan, I'm your huckleberry.

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)