NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Don Hontz

Default B18 Baseball Blankets---

I have a chance to buy around 60 B18 Blankets---how is the demand for these on the market now---I believe it is soft and has been for years--but I sure do like them---I know the variations would be more in demand---but would like to get some opinions---thanks in advance Don
Old 12-27-2012, 04:28 PM

deleted

Last edited by asoriano; 12-27-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:55 PM

Default Condition is important

Hi Don,

Enjoying the snow tonight?

Condition is important with the B18s. Many have faint needle marks, have faded or had their colors run. Nice ones have colors that pop.

Hold them up to a light and imperfections will show up including holes and needle marks.

Patrick

Last edited by Vintagecatcher; 12-27-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:50 PM

I started collecting Blankets a few years ago because I always liked them but I found being able to buy a lot harder than I was used to. I would estimate that my Blankets (about 75) have gone up a little value and I love the way they look so if you have a chance at 60 I would jump at them and you should be able to turn them over for a profit or try to put together a set. Good Luck!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

I would definitely be interested in a few if the $$ is right. I need something to decorate my card room walls until I get the t206 set done
Old 12-28-2012, 07:32 AM
Matt

I have 30 different B18's that I am willing to sell.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:02 AM
T0dd M@rcum

Of course they're soft! They're BLANKETS!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Don Hontz

Default b18 blankets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintageismygame View Post
I have 30 different B18's that I am willing to sell.
Hi on your blankets what do you have---condition and price thanks, Don
Old 12-28-2012, 09:00 PM

To answer the OP's question it would be nice to kind of know what teams or players are in the stack of 60 and what condition the blankets are in.

I have told this story before but when I first started collecting pre-war stuff back in the early 1990's, I had a couple of opportunities to buy stacks of nice condition B-18 blankets but didn't because of money (poor college student). From what I remember, these were mostly common players and teams (though each stack did have a Walter Johnson in it).

There was also an auction out in the country that had a number of really nice condition B-18's (with bright colors) including the harder to find teams and variations. I should have gone after (and still regret not doing so) these teams and variations but they had a Joe Jackson that I was saving my money for.

I knew I didn't have the money to buy the harder to find blankets AND the Joe Jackson so I passed on the stacks and went for the JJ. Unfortunately, I didn't get that either (though I did make the high bidder pay waay more than he would have if I didn't show up). Anyway, the auctioneer broke the blankets up into teams and sold them by the stack, no matter how many were in a stack. These included doubles and triples of some players in some stacks including brown infield versions.

What I see today is that B-18's go in cycles more than most other things. Sometimes really nice condition ones go for less than what I think they should, even the harder to find teams and variations. Then, other times, even common players go for waaay more than I expect.

I think what happens is some people get tired of collecting cards or they have just come into the hobby and find B-18's and go nuts for them. So, they bid them up. After they cool their jets then there is little demand (but greater supply) and prices fall back.

This is why I would like to know what ones are in the 60. If there are harder to find teams and variations and the condition of the blankets is nice, I would say go for them even if you already have them or don't really collect them (if they are reasonably priced). Because you can always hold onto them and wait for the cycle to turn up and sell them.

David