NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-16-2019, 08:50 AM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
It was the snide remark that tipped the boat not the question.
If you make those kind of remarks then you will be in the same boat as they are.
It is each members call how they want to participate. It is the same forum as always I am just taking less BS from the members. Had I truly been "protecting" an advertiser then the thread would have been deleted. Each member can make their own assumptions but the best way to participate here is not going to be rubbing me the wrong way, on purpose.
I really don’t understand why legitimate issues whether with auction houses or elsewhere, advertisers or not, are problems for you or anyone? Isn’t that the point of a message board such as this one and to receive feedback that may shed additional light on your perspective? I didn’t think the purpose was for comments to only be in accordance with the views of the moderator. If you don’t want me to post anymore just tell me and you won’t need to ban me, I will just stop posting so let me know. And there was no snide remark. I honestly don’t look all over the board to see who the advertisers are before I post.
Old 12-16-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge View Post
I really don’t understand why legitimate issues whether with auction houses or elsewhere, advertisers or not, are problems for you or anyone? Isn’t that the point of a message board such as this one and to receive feedback that may shed additional light on your perspective? I didn’t think the purpose was for comments to only be in accordance with the views of the moderator. If you don’t want me to post anymore just tell me and you won’t need to ban me, I will just stop posting so let me know. And there was no snide remark. I honestly don’t look all over the board to see who the advertisers are before I post.
Deep breath, shake hands, move on.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:02 AM
Jeff Willi@ms

Moving a thread to the "water cooler" is akin to deleting it for some newer members of the board, myself included. I didn't know that sub-forum existed until now.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:43 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
It was the snide remark that tipped the boat not the question.
If you make those kind of remarks then you will be in the same boat as they are.
It is each members call how they want to participate. It is the same forum as always I am just taking less BS from the members. Had I truly been "protecting" an advertiser then the thread would have been deleted. Each member can make their own assumptions but the best way to participate here is not going to be rubbing me the wrong way, on purpose.
This makes no sense...punish the member...not the whole board/community!

If sensorship is the new norm here...net54 will become irrelevant.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:45 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206fanatic View Post
Moving a thread to the "water cooler" is akin to deleting it for some newer members of the board, myself included. I didn't know that sub-forum existed until now.
It’s akin to “wishing it into the corn field” (for you Twilight Zone Fans).

I also don’t see why it was necessary to move and lock that thread. If anything, the active thread would’ve given the Crazy Uncle folks an opportunity to respond, and bring some resolution to the issues presented.

It might have served as even better advertising for them, than the banner ad itself (had they handled it properly, and responded with explanations, solutions and empathy). Now (never having heard their side of things) I will be less likely to utilize their services.

I always have more respect for those businesses who aren’t afraid to post here, communicate freely, and address things openly. REA, LOTG and Inside the Park immediately come to mind as being open, honest and trustworthy with their posts here.

Last edited by perezfan; 12-16-2019 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:19 PM
Peter Spaeth

Aaron clearly wasn't going to respond but that's not the point. The hallmark of this Board, as the moderator himself has pointed out many times, has been that people are free to say what they wish about any business including advertisers as long as their name is behind it.

Moving the Leland's thread to the water cooler, and moving the Crazy Uncle thread there and locking it, seem inconsistent with past practice.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:27 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_spaeth View Post
aaron clearly wasn't going to respond but that's not the point. The hallmark of this board, as the moderator himself has pointed out many times, has been that people are free to say what they wish about any business including advertisers as long as their name is behind it.

Moving the leland's thread to the water cooler, and moving the crazy uncle thread there and locking it, seem inconsistent with past practice.
agreed!
Old 12-17-2019, 07:53 PM
K@t Alex@nder

Well said friends (even you Steven!) This is exactly why I stopped coming here. I love old school cards as much as everyone else. Leon's statements in this thread demonstrates how he chases people off when they tick him off. It's not ok. Just a member choosing how to participate. Not sorry!
Old 01-20-2020, 04:14 PM
Brian "Tony" Levinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintacular View Post
What was the point of this original thread, not to be critical....Were you being sarcastic that you are just a drop in the bucket and the PWCC steamroller rolls on. Or were you trying to say people like yourself are dropping out of their auctions and indeed deflating their final sales prices/bottom line?
Sorry. Didn't check back on this thread. Point was kinda both. My hope is that my one small data point is joined by lots of others to the point where people decide to use a different auction company. But I recognize that PWCC mostly sells high dollar graded cards, and as I am not in that market, my action is likely not to have any effect on PWCC.

And I really was annoyed that I can't/won't bid on those cards. (Did recently pick up one lot of Butterfingers here, and some more on ebay but keep ignoring those on PWCC --there have been some more listed).

Buying or trading for lesser condition Butterfingers

Always looking for raw lesser condition vintage baseball and football --small or large lots.

Member of Old Baseball Cards
Old 01-20-2020, 05:00 PM
Jay Cee

Kinda interesting to see PWCC realize a price 3X higher what the same card and grade got from a Heritage auction 6 months earlier.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0847.jpg (62.1 KB, 327 views)
Old 01-20-2020, 05:50 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
Kinda interesting to see PWCC realize a price 3X higher what the same card and grade got from a Heritage auction 6 months earlier.
Everything is gold they touch, wow what Marketing!! Investment Assets Marketplace Vaults
Old 01-20-2020, 07:32 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post

There is nothing to see here, it's just the difference between a top notch AH and the scrubs. PWCC is honest and the best in the business, just ask any of the great members on here who still consign to and buy from them.

What next are you going to say something bad about PSA. The greatest company in the world. If you don't believe me, again just ask any of our great members who still submit to them.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:37 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post

There is nothing to see here, it's just the difference between a top notch AH and the scrubs. PWCC is honest and the best in the business, just ask any of the great members on here who still consign to and buy from them.

What next are you going to say something bad about PSA. The greatest company in the world. If you don't believe me, again just ask any of our great members who still submit to them.
Exactly!!!

Ben as sad as the Above is that you said, it’s 100% factual. It’s all about the Money People are Brainwashed by the oh this slab will make my card worth more and super easy to sell...we can consign to a auction house who will call my card a Asset Critical Blue Chip Investment Piece you could even join a vault club to re-list till you get your favorite price....it’s Gold Jerry Gold
Old 01-20-2020, 07:54 PM
Kenny Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post

I threw up in my mouth a little reading that. I hate that what you said is true, but it is.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:40 AM
Phil Apostle
Ph,il Ap0stle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
Exactly!!!

....it’s Gold Jerry Gold

outSTANDing!
Old 01-25-2020, 10:46 AM
Chuck Tapia

Default +18k

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showpo...postcount=6332

What's another 18K between friends?

Just add it to the multi billion dollar fraud
Old 01-25-2020, 10:56 AM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
https://www.blowoutforums.com/showpo...postcount=6332

What's another 18K between friends?

Just add it to the multi billion dollar fraud
The overlay is a nice touch, albeit hard to look at for too long. Absolutely crazy to me that that fraction of a millimeter is worth $18k to someone.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:25 AM
Johnny MaZilli

This is absolutely Abhorrent........
Bleach Trimm Golden Arm for $18,000 wow

This is Fraud Is Rampant in Many Ends

I’m about to unleash my inner Chuck.....

This market is so tainted.....card could be cracked and re slabbed by awful Opinion Givers PSA

I see no happy ending in sight

Registry is False

Pop Report is False

MarketPlace is False and Highly Manipulated

Get Out While You Can

Last edited by Johnny630; 01-25-2020 at 11:35 AM.