NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Default Selling collection...

Posted By: Russ Bright

Sad as this may be, i have decided to sell the majority of my collection - My Daughter was born last Saturday (February 23rd) and in order to make our lives easier i have decided to sell the majority of my collection in order to free up and have less debt. I figure that in a few years I will start the collection again, at a higher price, but I love my family more -

as most of you know, i collect mainly T205 cards, and was 20 cards shy of a Master set for a little while. I had to sell some in october, and now I'm selling more

These will all be listed in B/S/T, but I'm making the announcement here (i read somewhere that it was OK to make a "collection sale" announcement) to let everyone know WHY I'm selling so much so quickly -

I'm starting with lower graded cards, then raw, then higher graded and rare... I have put well over 10 grand into these and hopefully I can recoop some of these -

thanks for being such a great place to be for the past couple years! I will stuill lurk, but just can't participate as actively as i want to...

hope to make deals with a lot of you!

Old 03-03-2008, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

Well congrats Russ on the baby daughter. That is always worth the price of a collection in itself. Good luck with the sales.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Yes Russ, congrats on your daughter.

I remember you got a bunch of them from me, so I feel a little bit a part of it. Good luck with the sale.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Congrats on your daughter!

You can always make another go of the T205 set later in life but spending time with your newborn is fleeting.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Todd Schultz

Sounds like you already won the grand prize Russ. Congrats--daughters are beyond precious!!! Plus, you get to watch cartoons again and play with toys without people looking at you at funny. Might hold off on the Barbies and lipstick though.

I'll be looking at landing a couple of your cards, and I'm confident you'll do all right with them.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Congrats on your newest little collector, Russ. Yes, in keeping with the way we have always done things if you are selling off your collection, or a substantial part of it as this is, posting here is ok. The board is way too intelligent to be taken advantage of in these instances.....Good luck with the sale!!!

Old 03-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: boxingcardman

Speaking as a father of a pre-teen girl, I can still say "Girls Rule!" You are in for so much fun...after the pooping and crying and vomiting stops. The kid can get kind of messy too.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Old 03-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

You also may not have long to wait on getting back into cards either Russ. One day you may look up and realize your daughter is 2 1/2 and out the door to support herself.

(sorry couldn't resist, have to have something to hang over the kid's head one day when they grow up)

Old 03-03-2008, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott M.

Hi Russ,

It has been a pleasure dealing with you on T205s in the past.

I'm sorry to see that you have to give up the ship but it is a small sacrifice knowing that all of your card hobby time and $$$ can now be devoted to the best "pickup" you could ever hope to have in life.

Enjoy the time with your daughter and the hobby will certainly be there for you when and if you want to return to it.

Scott

Old 03-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

I am still in the dark days and nights of newborn fatherhood as well (lots of pink clothes and such appeared on the scene at my house for the first time as well, last month!)
...best of luck with it.

and if in fact your post wawsn't made during the delerium that is your newly minted sleepless day, and you actually will be selling some T205s,...I look forward to doing some business with you again soon!

Regards,
Jason

Old 03-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Dave- your daughter is precious!

Old 03-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barry arnold

congratulations,Russ!
you are making a wise decision and have all your collector friends behind you!
and most importantly, your family.

best,
barry

Old 03-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

Mazel Tov Russ !!!

I hope you sang this as she was born:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QIWtY7gzvA

Old 03-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

Russ, Good luck with the family and the sales -Time to start sockin' away for tuition I suppose.

Dave, That's one photogenic baby girl, she must make all your days special.
We had two boys and 0 girls and I wasn't real thrilled shhhhh about having a granddaughter, but I wouldn't trade her for an entire dugout of boys now. My jaw hurts from smiling so much, Gracie's a laugh a minute.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimi

As a father of 2 wonderful daughters, I know where you are coming from, buddy! I love my daughters to pieces and my collection, but selling my collection for my girls would be a no-brainer! In fact, I sold off my n28 set 2 years ago for the very same reason. You'll be back, man! Thanks for all the deals especially the one that took nearly a year to complete.

Jimi