NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-25-2018, 11:42 AM
Danny Gabel

Default Deaf Sports Museum - Survey

Good afternoon,

I am reaching out to you guys as one of few people to do my survey because I believe your thoughts and input would be valuable.

I'm pursuing my dream of establishing a deaf sports museum. An important first step for me will be to collect thoughts and perspective from both the Deaf community and the Sports world about the idea of establishing the museum and why it may be important. I hope you are willing to take short amount of your time to take this survey. This survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete. To get started, please click on this link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZR6BJSJ

The responses will be used in my research paper for my masters of public administration capstone project at Gallaudet University. I will not use any identifying information in my paper. If you have any additional questions about this survey or would like more information you can contact me at danny.gabel@gallaudet.edu.

Please complete the survey within 48 hours.

I appreciate your time in sharing your thoughts. It will go a long way!

Thank you,

Danny Gabel
Always buying Deaf Sports related, William Hoy, Luther Taylor, George Kihm, Grover Alexander, Dick Sipek, Curtis Pride, Carlton Molesworth, Lou Burdette, Gil McDougald, Ralph Lin Weber, Gallaudet University

Set
1909 E-91A (23/33)
1993 Topps Finest Refractor (109/199)
Old 04-25-2018, 11:57 AM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafSports View Post
Good afternoon,

I am reaching out to you guys as one of few people to do my survey because I believe your thoughts and input would be valuable.

I'm pursuing my dream of establishing a deaf sports museum. An important first step for me will be to collect thoughts and perspective from both the Deaf community and the Sports world about the idea of establishing the museum and why it may be important. I hope you are willing to take short amount of your time to take this survey. This survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete. To get started, please click on this link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZR6BJSJ

The responses will be used in my research paper for my masters of public administration capstone project at Gallaudet University. I will not use any identifying information in my paper. If you have any additional questions about this survey or would like more information you can contact me at danny.gabel@gallaudet.edu.

Please complete the survey within 48 hours.

I appreciate your time in sharing your thoughts. It will go a long way!

Thank you,

Danny Gabel

Done!
Old 04-25-2018, 12:07 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Great idea for a musuem. I am currently working as a museum studies practicum coordinator at the University of Washington, and museums these days are big into catering for the sensory handicapped-- and, really, all people who learn and experience in different ways. The Chicago Art Institute has relief versions of some of its paintings for the blind.

I'm currently working with a grad student from Colombia who's final project presentation is on, you guessed it-- identifying, dating and authenticating old photographs. She's got her blacklight and pocket microscope, and we've made digital reprints of many of theoriginal photos for her presentation on how to tell the difference. For the record, she knows nothing about baseball and commented that I use too many baseball-related examples in my books. She also said to me "I'm already very nervous about public speaking, and English isn't even my native language!" I assure her that she'll do great and I understand everything she says.

Last edited by drcy; 04-25-2018 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:54 AM
Danny Gabel

Default .

Can I have at least 7 of you to do this survey as Im trying to get more numbers of people who can hear and know not much about deaf sports history so I can have a better data to work with.

Thanks so much!
Always buying Deaf Sports related, William Hoy, Luther Taylor, George Kihm, Grover Alexander, Dick Sipek, Curtis Pride, Carlton Molesworth, Lou Burdette, Gil McDougald, Ralph Lin Weber, Gallaudet University

Set
1909 E-91A (23/33)
1993 Topps Finest Refractor (109/199)
Old 04-26-2018, 08:00 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

It only took about 5 minutes to do. Very easy. Good luck!!
Old 04-26-2018, 08:08 AM
Rob G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafSports View Post
Can I have at least 7 of you to do this survey as Im trying to get more numbers of people who can hear and know not much about deaf sports history so I can have a better data to work with.

Thanks so much!
Done
Old 04-26-2018, 08:09 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
Done
+1
Old 04-26-2018, 08:55 AM
Derek Granger

Done. I’m not sure how appealing this would be for the general public, although I’d be interested in knowing the top 5 deaf athletes and their likely inspiring stories. I would be interested in viewing an online museum, but wouldn’t travel to attend one. I could see how this would be appealing to those who are hearing impaired.

FWIW, I did attend middle school with a deaf schoolmate and I spent many hours learning ASL in order to communicate with him. But otherwise have not met or been in contact with a deaf person in about 30 years (shockingly).

Good luck to you, sir!

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 04-26-2018, 09:04 AM

Default Done

Done. !!
Old 04-26-2018, 09:14 AM
Glyn Parson

Default Hi

I took it yesterday. I think it’s a good idea
Old 04-26-2018, 09:40 AM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Done!
Old 04-26-2018, 12:06 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

For those who haven't taken it, it states it will take 15 minutes but it's a lot shorter than that. Maybe 5.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:09 PM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

Done! Great idea. Just by chance I posted a story about Dick Sipek who played for the 1945 Cincinnati Reds on my baseball card blog "The Infinite Baseball Card Set." Sipek was from Chicago and was lucky enough to be sent to the Illinois School for the Deaf where the baseball coach was none other than Luther "Dummy" Taylor, former NY Giants ace.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:28 PM
Bob Andrews

Looks like it's closed now. I guess you enough respondents. Good luck with your thesis and project.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:32 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

I tried taking the survey but was already closed out.

I have suffered from severe hearing loss since birth and would have loved to give my opinion in your survey.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 04-26-2018, 10:13 PM
Aaron Abram

My wife is an audiologist. Keep us informed on the progress of this. She has a lot of students that would be interested in this. Thanks