NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-06-2012, 06:07 PM

Default 1910 bulldurham baseball guide

i have recently aquired a 1910 bulldurham baseball guide. seen one for sale last year on ebay for 126 dollars. that is all i know aboiut it. any one else have any info on it?
Old 05-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Kevin Andrews

Nice Item. Only issued two years as far as I know - 1910 and 1911.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:20 AM
Barry Sloate

Yes, it was issued two years only. Popular guide and a favorite with collectors.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:24 AM
Mike Dugan

Barry/Max/anybody - Speaking of guides. Does anyone know of a list of Spalding and Reach baseball issues and their variations?

Several years ago the late John Spalding did a wonderful checklist of all the variations of the Spalding Football Guides (there were as many as three different some years) and also a checklist of all the Spalding instructional guides. It was quite a work.

I know there were spanish editions and also some local editions not to mention a few college editions of the baseball guides but I have never seen a comprehensive checklist?

I don't have a clue on the Reach Guides.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:35 AM
Barry Sloate

Quick aside Mike- about twelve years ago a collector consignd the library of Amos Alonzo Stagg to one of my auctions. There were probably over 100 Spalding football guides in it. Many were even signed by Stagg himself. John Spalding bought nearly the whole run. Hopefully those books went a long way in his research.

As far as variations of Spalding Base Ball Guides, I've never seen a study done. Not sure I was really aware of any, save a run of Spanish language guides in the early 1900's.

And this thread should be on the memorabilia side.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Mike Dugan

Agree
Old 05-07-2012, 07:49 AM
Pete Sycks

I work about 3 blocks away from the Durham Bulls stadium. Everyone loves the bulls around here. I'm pretty sure Crash Davis is still behind the dish. Sweet looking item with great history.