NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-04-2002, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Default Slater's Americana

Posted By: Tom

Anyone deal with them in the past? They were Slater's Americana and then just Tom Slater auctions (the principle owner). Just received a letter from them that 'THEY'RE BACK' as they stated on the letter. If you haven't dealt with them, they used to do some nice sports auctions about 3-4 years ago going back from there. Generally they had b/w newsprint catalogs although they were about 1/2 inch thick with quite a few lots. Mostly memorabilia and autographs but they also often had nice vintage cards including T206, Goudey's, E cards and others. Was able to get some decent deals in the past (although we all know those are DEFINITELY a thing of the past). Also Known As (AKA) The Political Gallery at one time.

Anyway, for those interested, their info is:

Slater's Americana
5335 North Tacoma Avenue
Suite 24
Indianapolis, IN 46220
(317)257-0863 (PH)
(317)254-9167 (FX)
slater@indy.net
www.slatersamericana.com

Looks like the website is up with a current auction for political mdse and a couple previous auctions in Sept and October.

************** THIS IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT OF SLATER'S AMERICANA*************
************** I'm in NO WAY associated with them *************

Just wanted new people in the hobby since they were doing auctions to know about it. There's a lot of people on the BB who've only been collecting last 2-4 years and may have missed their auctions.

Old 12-04-2002, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jaime Leiderman

I used to bid in Tom´s auctions from 1993 till 1997.

Auctions were like a memorabilia flea market, there were lots for everybody.
It was like having all the memorabilia/cards section from eBay in one printed b/w catalog.

Some of the items I won back then:

Just So Tobacco Virtue (Ex-NrMt): $1.5k
N167 Connor (G): $500
2 auto Yankees baseballs with both Ruth and Gehrig
Every T200 Fatimas

If anyone's interested in researching lots and realized prices from those auctions, please let me know.

Old 12-04-2002, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: NickTWo

I talk to Tom about a year ago on phone.He did mention there were going to make a come back "when" was question, then. I still enjoy going back to the catalogs and finding alot of material. It was the eBay of the early 90`s. Low and high end material for great prices. Can`t wait till the sports memorabilia starts up.

NickTwo

Old 12-04-2002, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

The Political Gallary (a.k.a.Slater's Americana) was the first auction catalog I received when I started collecting in the early 1990's. I use to get their sports catalog, Lew Lipsett's "Four Base Hits," and my weekly SCD. THAT'S HOW THE ADDITION BEGAN!

They had a great selection of early cards and memorabilia. The two N-284s that I recently used in a trade/cash deal with Terry Knouse for my NR MINT Gibson W600, I won in their auction. Their catalog, together with Lew's catalog, helped ignite my passion for early baseball cards and memorabilia in the Pre-EBAY era. Thanks for the post!

Old 12-04-2002, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Albie O'Hanian

Thanks for the post. Any idea when they are going to start up with sports memorabilia. I won a few of their items in the past and I was always amazed by the variety.

Old 12-04-2002, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: petecld

"The Political Gallary" is back. Now there is a blast from the past. I used to bid in their auctions as well.

Matter of fact they were the first place where I bought cards using the aucton process. Funny thing is I HATED buying that way. I thought the idea wouldn't catch on. Shows you what I know.

Old 12-04-2002, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: B.C.Daniels

I won tons of e-cards including three horizontal Matty's in Near Mint ( Dan ,where were you? ) for less than $600 each. I won and lost lots of stuff that would bring big coin now and I suspect T-Bob was the guy keeping me up at night as they instituted the call back system in 1993*