NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-12-2017, 05:40 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Getting out of the shower, news was on tv. Saw twin towers burning. Was shocked. Seemed to be a accident. Then the 2ed plane hit, and knew we were under attack. At the time i could see the skyline of the city from my back window.

That day i was going to work, opening a new restaurant that i managed in Queens. It was our grand opening. The drive to work was eerie. As no one on the road honked, every one let you in, not a normal new york commute. sitting in traffic i remember being stoped next to a cab driver and we just both looked at each other shaking our heads.

Empolyees and the few clients we had just sat at the bar watching the news. Didnt turn on the, restaurant music. Had a few friends come by, they stayed there all day.

Thought i couldn't be shocked anymore that morning, then the first tower collapsed.

Will never forget

Knew two people who didnt come home that day
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.

Last edited by EvilKing00; 09-12-2017 at 05:46 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:39 AM
John

Default Worked in lower Manhattan

I worked by Church Street then. I got out of the E train and saw the buildings on fire. To be honest, I thought it was just a regular fire as I didn't know what happened so I went to work. They told us to leave work at 9:15 and I got out but no one could tell us where to go, so I ended up walking uptown on Broadway (good thing). Everyone on the street had the news on their radios and the news kept getting worse. Met my wife and mom in midtown and walked home to Queens over 59 St bridge. They couldn't get a hold of me until I was close by and thought the worst.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:23 PM
Rich Klein

I was driving my father home from grocery shopping when I heard Harry Harrison (or perhaps Dandy Dan Daniel) or some combo announce a plane had hit the WTC. First thought was did a pilot mess up like in 1945 with the Empire State Building. Soon enough the 2nd plane hit and then we all realized it was a bit more than an accident.

Since I was Hertz gold at the time, called the Newark office and informed them I was driving that car back to Dallas. Took me 3 days to drive down. You see, I was supposed to fly out of Newark Airport at 7 PM that night because I was also American gold and knew I could make the flight after walking around the Tues night Parsippany show.

From what I heard, they actually held the show that night as a distraction and several dealers did fairly well. As for me, I got back to Dallas at 5 PM Thursday and got through that weekend. No one cared that I took a 3 hour lunch (legit) to return my rental car. I never want to go through a day like that again. EVER
Old 09-12-2017, 12:53 PM
Chris Wood

I was managing a 50-storey tower in downtown Toronto and their were rumours and speculation that many major markets may be targeted. We had tenants closing up offices and other quite panicked that their companies wanted them to remain open for business. I was too busy to watch much TV that day but didn't sleep that night or much for few nights after. Will never forget.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:57 PM
C0le Hibb@rd

I was 4. So I'm not sure

Successful BST deals with: Smanzari, Edwolf1963, Sean1125, scmavl, Runscott, jthorst75, EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
Old 09-17-2017, 03:29 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagerookies51 View Post
I was 4. So I'm not sure
Makes me feel even older than I am. I was at work and we went into a conference room where there was a TV in time to see the second catastrophe happen. Even though only watched on tv, it is something you never forget.

Last edited by Leon; 09-17-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:35 PM
pete ullman

I was working...my partners wife called the office to tell us what happened after the 1st tower was hit. We pulled out an old b/w 13" tv and could see the news through the static.

It was surreal...I felt like I was in a movie...and I felt sick!

After the 2nd tower went down I tried calling my sister(who lives near columbia u) and the phone call did not go through. First time that's ever happened!

Then the Pentagon.

It was soooo surreal. My aunt was on the staten island ferry on her way into manhattan when the first plane struck the tower...she said the ferry just whipped a u-ey and turned back.