NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-03-2002, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Default DAN MATHEWSON Edited the 54 Topps EMAIL RESPONSE Before Posting it

Posted By: anon 

DAN YOU EDITED THE EMAIL BEFORE YOU POSTED IT ON THE BOARD. WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF? HERE IS THE PART THAT DAN EDITED OUT BEFORE HE POSTED IT. HERE IS THE PART HE EDITED TO TRY AND SAVE FACE......GOOD LUCK....

We do however have plenty of Christy Matthewson vintage items for sale, and personally I think he is a really good seller, they go for very cheap too. I guess he wasn’t as famous as other players in that time or his cards aren’t worth as much or whatever (we don’t know too much about vintage baseball statistics) but, we can see why you are a fan because you have the Same last name, that must be something to take pride in. Just think, you could be related to him then based solely on that, it would gain some respect about your opinion (about what subject I don’t know, but it might impress someone on one of those message boards) I know it’s a good chance you are not related because a lot of people have Mathewson as a last name and could claim blood relation but, I would check into that if I were you. Trace the family history back in hopes to live vicariously through an ancestor. Or maybe appear at some card conventions so people can get your autograph.

Thank you for your concern, it must have been very important to you to email us on THANKSGIVING DAY, taking time away from your family and friends to email us about this matter. So I felt it was appropriate to give a clear, concise response, that’s why this email is so long. It turkey time and at least I can print your email out, read it and some of our associates can have a giant laugh over a thanksgiving supper. 83 degrees and sunny here in Hawaii. Life just couldn’t be better.

Old 12-03-2002, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MW

WHOIS results for 66.8.197.7

OrgName: ROADRUNNER
OrgID: RRWE

NetRange: 66.8.128.0 - 66.8.255.255
CIDR: 66.8.128.0/17
NetName: ROADRUNNER-HAWAII
NetHandle: NET-66-8-128-0-1
Parent: NET-66-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: DNS1.RR.COM
NameServer: DNS2.RR.COM
NameServer: DNS3.RR.COM
NameServer: DNS4.RR.COM
Comment: ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
RegDate: 2000-10-05
Updated: 2002-08-22

TechHandle: ZS30-ARIN
TechName: ServiceCo LLC
TechPhone: +1-703-345-3416
TechEmail: abuse@rr.com

Roy or close associate of Roy,

If anything, this makes Dan look more sensible, not less and it makes you look even worse. How does that saying go about someone supplying his own rope?

Old 12-03-2002, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hannibal Jackson

Hi, I personally have purchased a feww AAA products over the last few months, and at the same time I have been looking at this board since I was harrassed by one of your members. Why are you guys so hard on AAA? I am very satisfied with all my purchases, and these are neat little items. Who cares if you dont like them, and you wont buy them,but I guess this topic is your "water cooler" conversation.

Old 12-03-2002, 02:46 PM
Administrator

<< "Who cares if you dont like them...[?]" >>

You do. Otherwise you wouldn't be posting here. Oh, and don't worry about value, because there isn't any. On second thought, maybe if you took all the pieces of scrap that you've purchased and taped them together, you'd be able to produce 1/100 of an original Spalding baseball guide. Think of it in terms of the cash value of a grocery store coupon.

Seriously though, why not just buy the original periodicals and do the cutting yourself? Think of all the money you'd save.

Old 12-03-2002, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hannibal Jackson

I dont need to save the $$$. I got plenty. I just like the items, and whos to say what I can collect or not. Maybe you should spend your time trying to make more $$$ or read a book or something, just anything more constructive than bashing AAA all the time. To you eat and sleep AAA?. Do you count AAA's jumping over the fence at night, to get you to sleep? Dont you have anything better do? The only reason I even bother to take a look at this nerd-board is 2 reasons. It bores me to sleep at night, and it provides comedy when my friends come over and we laugh at all the chat board geeks.

Old 12-03-2002, 03:01 PM
Administrator

<< "Do you count AAA's jumping over the fence at night, to get you to sleep?" >>

No, but if things continue as they are, AAA cards will soon outnumber sheep and I'll have little choice.

Old 12-03-2002, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

MW - don't waste your time with this reject.

Without exception, everyone we have ever managed to contact regarding a "AAA" aka Roy Huff purchase has thanked us and expressed that they had been duped. This guy is definitely not a purchaser, he's a seller.

Hannibal is obviously another one of the "Hawaii boys". Also, it's interesting that Roy Huff told Dan he didn't fool around with reading "obscure chat boards". Wonder how he accidentally ended up here anyway?

Old 12-03-2002, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Roy Huff = Libertyforall = PacificVintageSports = moron

Old 12-03-2002, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Todd (nolemmings)

Even though he might be able to buy the entire publication, think how much he saves on grading fees by having it already slabbed, er, fastened down, by AAA.

Also, he doesn't need (and maybe doesn't have) the skill of a surgeon to excise each "card" from the guide. Imagine the anguish if he inadvertently slices into Babe Ruth's nose trying to perform the delicate procedure needed to come up with a Ruth "card".

Finally, buying 'em from these impeccable sellers ensures that he need not wait on pins and needles wondering if his "raw" Reach cut-out will grade 8, 9, 10 or 11. The highly trained and impartial grading gurus at AAA/NASA/<insert bogus name here> provide instant piece of mind.

This guy's a genius on so many levels that it's pointless for us geeks on this board to even try and fathom his wisdom.

Old 12-03-2002, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

He says "it provides comedy when my friends come over and we laugh at all the chat board geeks."

OK. First he says he doesn't read this stuff, then he says he reads it to provide comedy for him and his friends when they come over.

Second: We're geeks on this board...? OK, and what is Hannibal/Roy/PVS for coming here, when his friends come over, to get entertainment? Is he that boring of a host that he and his friends come here to get a laugh when they're hanging out at his place?

Hmmm...

YES. I did edit the personal attacks out of Roy's, I mean PacificVintageSports', e-mail. Since I didn't send him any personal attacks, nor did I post any juvenile silliness about him here, I left out his silly jibes to keep on topic and to keep that thread clean. (Actually, I figured it would make him look less stupid and more on-point. I guess he took care of that on this thread, though...)

ROY (I mean Pacific Vintage Sports): In all of your yakking and carrying on, while you were comparing my name to his, etc, you might want to note that Mathewson is spelled with only one "t", not two. I don't want any of your (I mean AAA's) labels to get screwed up.

ALso, ROY: (I mean PVS): That question (familial relationship) has already been brought up here. "Dr Koos" questioned my relationship with Christy some time ago. You missed it (even though you and your friends frequent this Board for its entertainment value) -- and, that's a shame because Koos was quite colorful and descriptive when he talked about me. You and he both have the right to question it, and you can stay up all night and wring your hands about it, if you like. A couple people here has his phone number, you can call him and talk about it. But, the only person that really needs to fully understand it and appreciate it, frankly, is me. It's my money I'm spending on Matty items. Right? So, who cares? Nobody does, quite honestly...and, it doesn't make me an expert on Jack (I've never claimed to be). There's a lot of his stuff I have, and a lot that I don't have, so I won't label myself an expert.

>>Who cares if you don't like them [AAA]?<<

We do. It's our Board to talk about this very topic, vintage cards and anything related to them (like FRAUD on eBay, etc). And you care, since you responded... I guess we all care, Roy, I mean PVS, we're all here talkin about it!

>>To you eat and sleep AAA?<<

I assume you meant "DO you eat and sleep AAA?" No, we don't, we mumble about it now and then in annoyance. But, I will tell you this much: I will agree that someone at least eats AAA, because it appears that someone is digesting and then crapping AAA out all over the place...

Old 12-03-2002, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

The reason we care is because unlike you we are honest people. You know damn well that the worthless pieces of scrap cut outs you sell are fraudulent. You know what you are doing and the laugh that you are laughing is at unsuspecting, innocent folks. You should be ashamed of yourself and must live your life very cautiously. What comes around goes around my friend. You will get yours. Trust me. It might not even have to do with cards but when a loved one has a wreck, or you do, and someone is badly hurt...or you fall and break a bone...or worse yet one of your siblings has bad fate....then you will know........until then I hope you change your ways and quit defrauding folks of their money. If you want to sell that crap, and be honest, then you should sell it for about $5 tops...in the holder....then you would be somewhat honest...(although I am sure you aren't so you won't)...best regards

Old 12-03-2002, 05:10 PM
Administrator

In addition to fraud, he is also guilty of destroying antique books that are one of our best sources of baseball history - Roy has cut up some of the real classics, including a very difficult book by John McGraw and many of the classic Spalding and Reach guides.

I don't have a problem with him cutting up Collier's or Vogue or other fairly useless magazines, but these guides are another thing altogether.

You are right, when you treat people badly (cheating them, etc.) it WILL come back and bite you. The opposite is also true.

Old 12-03-2002, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John(z28jd)

Anyone who thinks AAA is a legitimate card grader and what theyre grading is worth anything should be spending alot more time on this board reading it,so they know better....dont try and kick them off,because this might be the only way they learn,that or if they try and resell it to anyone who knows anything

Old 12-03-2002, 08:34 PM
Administrator

...he's a AAA-seller trying to defend his fraudulent practices by disguising himself as a buyer.

Old 12-03-2002, 08:43 PM
Administrator

This guy would love for us to give credibility to his fraud, and he also enjoys the attention. As it is, he probably has very little to do other than read chat boards - how long can it take to slice up a book and work a screwdriver? And don't let the "associates" thing fool you - I have little doubt it's a one-man operation. He's created several handles on ebay so that it looks like business is expanding, but I bet he still doesn't own the trailer.

Old 12-03-2002, 09:35 PM
Administrator

...and I must agree: this is Roy and it's "All About Roy".

Go right back to his original e-mail to me, the very first paragraph:

"...and we really don’t have the time to bother looking for some obscure little chat room just to view a negative opinion about our 100% Legal, Profitable, and Customer Oriented business..."

Apparently, he starts out with an outrageous lie. They (he) sure had the time to bother to come and look for "some little, obscure chat room" and start all the controversy here today (which, by the way, he says he has his battery of lawyers handle...)

LMAO...

Old 12-04-2002, 01:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: B C Daniels

worst regards in this case!

Old 12-04-2002, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John(z28jd)

Basically i was making fun of AAA indirectly,by saying we are here to help anyone stupid enough to buy the crap,knowing full well that the person(hannibal) has to be related to this guy because nobody has a lot of money from making bad decisions.....he wrote if he wants to buy stuff already cut out instead of just buying a magazine he can because he has the money to do so(not an exact quote)....thats an obvious lie,so anything else he says isnt believable either.

If you want me to be more obvious next time i will just for you Scott,because i know the further south you go the more you have to explain stuff i'll try to type slower for y'all

(The above joke is meant for Scott only and he knows im kidding,but if you find the jokes offensive towards you,as jeff foxworthy says,you just might be a redneck)

Old 12-04-2002, 11:59 AM
Administrator

...and, looking back at PacificVintageSports past auctions to further examine his practices which do more to expose his fraudulent practices of deception and misinformation:

If you look back, his auctions are all garbage AAA holders, but what is really interesting is that they're all PRIVATE AUCTIONS unless he is slabbing a REAL SPORTS CARD (which is almost always overgraded as a AAA 9.5 or a GEM-10).

This is a hoot. Why does he do this? Because he is afraid that any of his bidders will be told otherwise that they are bidding on crap. He wants his bidders identities hidden so nobody can contact them and tell them they they are going to get ripped off, and that all they are buying is toilet paper in a 50-cent lucite holder.

But, hey! No need for a private auction when selling a recent Tiger Woods or Barry Bonds or Sergio Garcia (almost always a 9.5 or 10 grade from AAA...gee what a shock...)

What a fraud.

Old 12-04-2002, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike Williams

that our seller of fine cut-outs has now listed some of these in the Baseball Memorabilia section (sorry if this was covered in another post). I'm sure the spin will be to get wider bidder coverage....but I'm thinking it's an attempt to cover his butt. Getting hot in the kitchen!

For what it's worth, I'm not at all bothered with him selling cut-outs (other than the fact that he's destroying perfectly good magazines), my issue is listing them as "cards".

Old 12-04-2002, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

chat board geek? nerd? kindly instruct me as to when you will be in Baltimore so that we may discuss these accusations in person. thanks. r337man@yahoo.com

Old 12-04-2002, 01:54 PM
Administrator

chat board geek? nerd? kindly instruct me as to when you will be in Baltimore so that we may discuss these accusations in person. thanks. r337man@yahoo.com

Old 12-04-2002, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Old 12-04-2002, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kenny Cole

This doesn't solve all problems, but here's a proposed solution that makes some degree of sense to me.

Encourage Hannibal to buy ALL AAA "cards." After all, as he so articulately says "I got plenty" of money to do that. Also, Hannibal can't complain that he's been taken by AAA because he admittedly knows that the items he is purchasing are, er, not really worth much of anything. Thus, no one need feel bad about a new collector getting screwed. Hannibal's response sort of reminds me of Oscar the Grouch on Sesame Street singing "I Love Trash." If he wants to be Oscar, power to him.

Hannibal is absolutely correct that he is entitled to buy whatever he wants. If he does that with knowledge that the items he is buying are worthless, who are we to criticize? Since he professes to have plenty of money and knowledge, my view is that I hope he buys everything AAA has to offer. By the way, for purposes of this post, I am ignoring the separate issue regarding AAA's destruction of the early guides. While I agree with the sentiment against that, I am presuming that the destruction will continue to occur, and that the only question is who will buy the resulting snippets.

When all is said and done, I would prefer that clued-in guys like Hannibal purchase every AAA item offered on ebay. That would take many of the crap items off the market. It would also help to prevent new collectors, who are perhaps less "sophisticated" than Hannibal, from from buying items which really have no worth whatsoever.

Hannibal can obviously afford it since he's got so much money that he can spend it on worthless items. He's also performed a public service since he's gotten rid of trash that others might otherwise be fooled into buying. Other than the document destruction issue, I can't think of a reason why Hannibal shouldn't be encouraged to continue with his AAA proclivities. All that has happened is that AAA has made money from someone who has proudly admitted to being incredibly stupid.

Although I can't say that the money AAA makes from donks comes close to being deserved, I also can't really say that Hannibal is entitled to continued concern or protection, even from AAA. Assuming he's a buyer (a questionable assumption), he's an idiot and deserves to be treated as such. I can't feel sorry for someone who continues to hit himself in the head with a hammer after being told that it hurts.